RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the Interleague game yesterday and saw a great game. I thought RDFNL had the game won but that last quarter and extra time was unexpected and exciting! The only disappointing aspect of the whole day was the small crowd that attended. Thought a special game like this would bring out the spectators. I brought my camcorder with me and will upload the exciting last half and extra time on my YouTube channel (TIGER TV AFL) in a few days. As for that mark a second before the final siren - he marked it a half second after the siren. I 'll upload my vision of this incident in about half an hour and YOU BE THE JUDGE!!

Here's the video of the alleged mark just after the siren to deny RDFNL a shot at goal to win the game in yesterday's Interleague match.

You be the judge!

My full video on YouTube in about 2 days.

TIGER TV AFL

View attachment Last Mark_2.mp4

Here's the video of the alleged mark just after the siren to deny RDFNL a shot at goal to win the game in yesterday's Interleague match.

You be the judge!

TIGER TV AFL

View attachment 1986905

It doesn't matter, the rule is "when the umpire hears the siren", if the umpire heard it as before the mark and makes the call, then that's it. Unfortunately, the RDFNL dropped the game after being 33 points up, it isn't one decision that decides the game.

Played at Ky in the 1s all last year including in GF, did the pre season at Carlton vfl. Playing at home with his mates. Still only 20yr old. Bit harsh on him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
harsh? it was a question not an assumption as i remember him a few years back as being pretty good. apologies for not being all over his past season or 2.

Good decision definitely after the siren sounded.

100%

Chatting with a couple of players they just said they ran out of legs in part due to the hard surface and the 1/4ers were longer than standard RDFNL game and then extra time.

Still, a cracking game of footy and everyone represented the league well.

My game-day scenes from Saturday's INTERLEAGUE match played at RSEA Park.
I filmed everything except the second quarter.
Here's some timestamps for you:
PRE GAME - 0:40
QUARTER 1 - 3:40
QUARTER 3 - 26:40
QUARTER 4 - 48:52
EXTRA TIME 1 - 1:12:34
EXTRA TIME 2 - 1:19:10
POST GAME - 1:26:04

You be the judge!

TIGER TV AFL

View attachment 1986905
Here's when the viewer can here the final siren through the video, which says the right call was made by the umpire
1715560347462.png

hard sufrace and ran out of legs, probably explains why St.Kilda are also battling a bit if thats where they train. was the under 19s game also longer quarters compared to rdfl rules as scorelines show that team was run over after being 4-5 goals up to.

For what it's worth...

Kyneton by 12 over Macedon
Riddell by 45 over Melton
Romsey by 70 Over Lancefield
Wallan by 30 Over Woodend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macedon by 36
Riddell by 21 ( Melton to give them a massive fright)
Romsey by 221 ( Jedwab to kick 16)
Woodend to upset Wallan by 4 )

What has lancefeild done to upset you?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Definitely nothing sinister towards Lancefield, but from what I’m hearing that could have 12 of there best possible 22 out and what was already a thin list I just feel Saturday could get messy.

Hopefully get a back from injury over the next few weeks.

Do we think it’s a lock next year will be a 11 team comp?

Gisborne Giants a definite, then maybe does a Melton South, East Sunbury, Sunbury Kangaroos look to join for 2025 and beyond

Hello all. Here's a video of the LAST 5 MINUTES of the INTERLEAGUE game between the SFNL and RDFNL played last Saturday.

Watch-out for the magnificent last goal kicked by Number 3 from RDFNL and watch for the player taking the mark half a second AFTER the final siren to deny RDFNL victory.

Gotta luv suburban footy.

Definitely nothing sinister towards Lancefield, but from what I’m hearing that could have 12 of there best possible 22 out and what was already a thin list I just feel Saturday could get messy.

Hopefully get a back from injury over the next few weeks.

Do we think it’s a lock next year will be a 11 team comp?

Gisborne Giants a definite, then maybe does a Melton South, East Sunbury, Sunbury Kangaroos look to join for 2025 and beyond

Bugger that's no good. Hopefully Lancefeild can turn it up. Do they still get kids from Assumption? I can't wait to see Gisborne Giants play next year. I'm thinking of volunteering some time to help them out.

Sunbury needs an RDFL team for a point of difference. next year could see Rupo East and Kangas all in the same division and I don't think that will be a good thing. Who ever moves back should get the results they are after. It's probably too soon for Rupo and it hasn't been a waste of time for the Kangas either but if they can't get out of div 2 maybe they should seek options. Not sure about East. I've heard the ass is about to fall out of the place.

All four are probably a good fit, but I suspect that not all will come across anytime soon.
Hearing that South are happy where they are but you'd expect that they would be more successful in the RDFNL.
East Sunbury needs to stay in edfl div2 as they are basically Sunbury version of Rockbank..
Rupo I can’t see moving but maybe Sunbury Kangaroos would be best moving back.
Melton South is an interesting one as they play in a premier country league. However if they cannot convince there homegrown 1 pointers to return (about 7-8 players) then they seriously need to look at the option as they are currently not up to Ballarat league standard..

East Sunbury needs to stay in edfl div2 as they are basically Sunbury version of Rockbank..
Rupo I can’t see moving but maybe Sunbury Kangaroos would be best moving back.
Melton South is an interesting one as they play in a premier country league. However if they cannot convince there homegrown 1 pointers to return (about 7-8 players) then they seriously need to look at the option as they are currently not up to Ballarat league standard..
Wonder if one of the Melton teams would move to the WRFL?

Would MS look at what kyneton has done? For years kyneton looked at the rdfnl as a step backwards, but now they have attracted their local talent back.

I'm not Privvy to league costs, but I'm sure the rdfnl would cost less than the bfnl, I know that was one of the reasons kyneton came over so their club would save some money as well.

Can't see MS surviving much more with the results that are being handed out to them.

Hope that Central stay in and create a melton derby, that would be good for both clubs. You would think, that the giants would be closer to the bottom being their first year, so it would be a good time for MS to jump over.

Competitive against Central, giants, Lancefield and that would build some momentum end excitement for the club. I think it would also keep some juniors coming through the club.

Then try and attract a East Sunbury or kangaroos back, for a Sunbury point of difference.

Would be a very handy competition imo

On SM-T500 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn’t long ago that east Sunbury made the grand final place looked like It was going places

I think they should keep the faith and stay the course they’ve shown they can do it already

Not sure what happened there with the mass exodus

One of my mates played there and left to go to riddell

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back