RDT XLXVIIX - Browsing your canape

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RDT XLXVIIX - Browsing Your Canopy

tbh i have no idea, i got told to do that

link :eek:

I don't really know either, I probably got told by my radical left wing friends that it hadn't worked :D

http://www.parliament.wa.gov.au/web/newwebparl.nsf/iframewebpages/Bills+-+Current

Do you know the name of the Bill that is introducing the laws? edit - ah, found it, it's the Criminal Invetsigation Amendment Bill.

Click on that bill, then click on the number next to second reading speech.

need help for a debate

reasons why we should support stop and search laws

What is the point of personal liberty if you can only have it in a world filled with crimes that are only able to occur because we are so concerned with personal liberty?

The law has always been about balancing the right of the individual to do whatever the heck they want versus collective social good. And in the 21st century we have become a very self-oriented society - a very selfish society, if you will. It is time to redress that balance. It is time to put the community before ourselves. And that means accepting that what is best for you is not automatically the best thing overall.

Or something like that. Philosophise their arses.

There's the philosophical argument, which Mr E's put very well. But there is a narrower practical argument - whether these particular laws will actually achieve their objective.

And that ties in with the philosophical argument to an extent. If the laws achieve anything for the common good, it is that end result that needs to be balanced against the erosion of the rights of the individual.

What is the point of personal liberty if you can only have it in a world filled with crimes that are only able to occur because we are so concerned with personal liberty?

The law has always been about balancing the right of the individual to do whatever the heck they want versus collective social good. And in the 21st century we have become a very self-oriented society - a very selfish society, if you will. It is time to redress that balance. It is time to put the community before ourselves. And that means accepting that what is best for you is not automatically the best thing overall.

Or something like that. Philosophise their arses.

brilliant

everything about our club makes me sick.

some of the tactics employed today were beyond stupid.

fremantle had us on the counter every single time...guh

This one hurts the most, in fact... I'm posting the sad panda.

sad-panda.jpg

Least we have Swift the Excellent back though, it makes sad panda a bit happier.

Eagles willl beat Hawks next weekend.

Agreed. (I hope...)

The first half I could live with. Perhaps we could swap the second quarter of this game with the fourth of the Brisbane match?

Alternatively, we could nicely ask the AFL if all of our matches could please just be played until half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gotta love the afl site

Brad Ebert (28 possessions and five clearances) was West Coast’s best

BEST
Fremantle: Barlow, Duffield, Pavlich, Sandilands, Mundy, Johnson
West Coast: Adam Selwood, Schofield, Cox, Swift, Rosa, Scott Selwood

each passing week, another loss and the flogginess of our board heightens.

Don't rate Barlow all that highly. Hardly noticed him at the game but then suddenly wins the medal. Or was it just that he right at the bottom of the packs?. Also, what did A.Selwood do? They were all targeting him off the ball heaps.

I thought Duffield would have won it since his rebound started alot of their attacks but I guess not.

So many flip-floppers on our board that it's not funny.

Wasn't a great game to go to, Essendon game was a lot better to watch not solely based on us winning either. I couldn't even see Masten get injured but knew he wasn't playing in 2nd half... shame its a serious injury :(

And Waters didn't do my DT any favors grrrrrrr

GJ to coxy, pav and Barlow tho :D

Don't rate Barlow all that highly. Hardly noticed him at the game but then suddenly wins the medal. Or was it just that he right at the bottom of the packs?. Also, what did A.Selwood do? They were all targeting him off the ball heaps.
Disagree, I thought Barlow was decent. I thought Pav deserved the medal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back