No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The salary cap in 2016 will be $10.36m. That's $920K more than this year. So there's one wage of this trio right there.

So, imagine Tex/Danger/Sloane are all offered and accept $1m.

Could we fit the remaining players on $7.36mil? I believe we could.

Btw anyone hear Leigh Matthews on 5AA the other night talking about the AA squad and Danger?
Couldn't believe Danger wasn't in it
Danger would be in the first 10 players he'd pick if he was putting together a side or playing a final next week
Thinks the AA squad is too reliant on stats, and there's no stat for value, influence and leadership
Thinks that Callan Ward, Tom Liberatore and Luke Parker who made the squad are "ok players" but aren't fit to tie the bootlaces of someone like Danger!

The AA team is a representation of a players entire season of performance.

It's not an all star team

That's the extreme level though..
Other players have had reported differentials in the hundred/s thousand dollars area and didn't take it..
Deledio was another, there are many.. Seen the interviews so many times with players saying they loved the club and stayed for less money..
Of course some will be dragged in by the right amount, but those GC/GWS inflated amounts don't really exist now.. So the chances of it happening are far reduced..

Anyway, Tex won't be going anywhere unless he has been pissed off enough by the Vince trade.. But I don't see him going..
Danger will go if he wants to be back close to home..
Sloane I doubt will be going anywhere.. If Danger goes though, you never know.. :eek:
Yes I get what you're saying, but they stayed because the money they were offered wasn't enough to get them to shift. How much extra would have to be paid to Tex to get him to move to Port? He won't shift for the same amount or an amount close to what he'll be offered at the Crows, but the right money will get any player to shift.

They may say it, but you can bet that the manager won't just respond with, "good lads, it might cost you $1m per season combined, but we agree 100%". They will have a very long list of reasons why the player should be looking after themselves first and the club second. There won't be any 'feel-good' commission coming their way for negotiating a contract $400k/yr less than market value. If the players wanted to do that, they'd basically have to terminate their contract with the manager. What's the point of having one if they're not being engaged to act in your best interests and push hard for your best deal.
On the other hand there have been a couple of premiership teams in recent years in Brisbane, Geelong and perhaps Hawthorne, where the players have been told/agreed to be paid less than they would get elsewhere for the chance of continued success, (Buddy being an exception). Admittedly, this has occurred after they had already tasted success.

So, remembering that salary cap is now a floating money pool (ie you can underspend in one year to overspend in another), I hope we are paying as little as possible for next year to build a stockpile for 2016.

In 2016, the Crows will have Radar's & Thommo's money to spend on these players.

2015 - there is Rutten & Porps money to allocate out.
Don't forget what you found if we can get one player to retire per year that's an extra 100k we can spend

Don't forget what you found if we can get one player to retire per year that's an extra 100k we can spend

You'd hope we'd have nominated Truck for 2014 & Thommo for 2015 (if he's done).

You'd hope we'd have nominated Truck for 2014 & Thommo for 2015 (if he's done).

You'd think Thommo would be cooked by end of 2015. Can't see him going on in 2016 and M.Crouch will be ready to take over after (hopefully playing all games next season when fit) and heading towards that 50 game mark

And Thommo would be on some fair coin, so that should free up some space

I'm more confident of retaining Danger now that Roo is on board and they all have part ownership of the pub

If he can keep them all here:

2i11htg.jpg

Reilly the year after. I wonder if we have someone down at the club who just goes through all the rules and picks any advantages we can get from things.

Nah, Radar doesn't get that extra for mine. He goes in 2015 too.

You'd think Thommo would be cooked by end of 2015. Can't see him going on in 2016 and M.Crouch will be ready to take over after (hopefully playing all games next season when fit) and heading towards that 50 game mark

And Thommo would be on some fair coin, so that should free up some space

I'm more confident of retaining Danger now that Roo is on board and they all have part ownership of the pub

The issue with Thommo might be that he sees himself being capable of playing in 2016. The $100K extra we are speaking about needs to be nominated by May 1 (I think) to be valid. If Thommo says he wants to re-evaluate at the end on 2015, then he won't get it (and then give it to Radar).

I would hope Thommo retires at the end of 2015.

The salary cap in 2016 will be $10.36m. That's $920K more than this year. So there's one wage of this trio right there.

So, imagine Tex/Danger/Sloane are all offered and accept $1m.

Could we fit the remaining players on $7.36mil? I believe we could.
Will be interesting if , as discussed in another thread, we move toward shortening the list to cover top end payments. Syd have done this and may be the way in the FA environment

Nah, Radar doesn't get that extra for mine. He goes in 2015 too.

The issue with Thommo might be that he sees himself being capable of playing in 2016. The $100K extra we are speaking about needs to be nominated by May 1 (I think) to be valid. If Thommo says he wants to re-evaluate at the end on 2015, then he won't get it (and then give it to Radar).

I would hope Thommo retires at the end of 2015.
I don't want radar here any longer than he's contracted for but I thought he was done till then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Walker aint worth the money mentioned. He was before he did his knee, but not now.

Will be interesting if , as discussed in another thread, we move toward shortening the list to cover top end payments. Syd have done this and may be the way in the FA environment

It's an interesting concept, one I'm sure a good list manager is on top of. I don't believe it's actually as much as expected though, because going into a season with a Main list short 2 players saves you 2 x 4th/5th rounders, which is only about $160K. While that's handy, it's nothing compared to Sydney's COLA (which is more beneficial for them).

The AA team is a representation of a players entire season of performance.

It's not an all star team

I think Leigh's point was that he still thought Dangerfield added more value than those other players in season 2014, even though the raw stats might not show it.

A good example of this is Charlie Cameron, in the few games he played this year. I thought he added enormous value. His stats were very modest though.

If Leigh was on our coaching panel, Charlie would not have been dropped for round 23, I can guarantee you that.

Unfortunately for us, Leigh Matthews has more sound football judgement in one of his farts than our entire coaching panel combined.

Where's Caro's article from earlier in the year where Tex said he hates FA and wasn't really mates with Tippett after the way he left?

If that article was anything to go by, Tex no chance of leaving.

Taylor Walker aint worth the money mentioned. He was before he did his knee, but not now.

Let's revisit after his 2015 season. First year back is always a bit tricky to judge.

But there's an argument that he's want more money, because he's now actuely aware how quickly his livelihood could be taken away.

True - even so he kicked 34 in 15 games coming back from injury.

Not too shabby

Very similar output to his 2011. I'd be happy if 2015 was like his 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back