No Oppo Supporters Re-signing Tex, Danger and Sloane *** Crows Only ***

Your thoughts on Dangerfield?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not saying that Tex is leaving, but, what if I told you, Tex thought Sando was lying about the circumstances surrounding Bernie's departure?
Joining the dots I think that's a real issue.

Hopefully the passage of time will heal that

next year danger and tex both get offered 1m plus contracts, we're screwed
Clubs keep together better lists than ours so it CAN be done. The issue is that star players can be retained below market rates when team success is part of the sell.

I feel that the first half of 2015 will have a major bearing here.

Im not saying that Tex is leaving, but, what if I told you, Tex thought Sando was lying about the circumstances surrounding Bernie's departure?
Isn't it more that Tex knows Sando was telling stories about it?
As do the rest of the group..
Tex was glued to Bernie's side so he would possibly be a bit more pissed off about it, and Tex's character tells me he doesn't enjoy behaviour like that too much..

The Tippett debacle, one present with a bow on top after another..

LOL Port are playing finals on the weekend , but it's still all about the crows.

None of Tex Danger and Sloane will say they're staying until their managers have wrung the best deals possible out of the AFC. Regardless of what we like to think, make no mistake, money is the number one consideration in all - yes all - player deals.

Second consideration is…money.

Third consideration is the player weighing up whether the extra money is enough to warrant uprooting and going to another life. $50K? nah not worth it. $100K? probably but nah - getting' paid a $mill anyway so what's a measly $100K. $150K? ok, now we're starting to talk. $200K over 3 years? - getting pretty close. $300K over 3 years - done!

Fourth consideration = second consideration. It's the money, aaaaand, is the cocaine on tap where I'm goin?, will I be offered a house at $500,000 but in three years time I'm guaranteed it will be bought back from me for $1.2M, or will I suddenly end up with a TV network contract which just happens to be the network where the major 'talent' is the president of your club even though I know nothing about…well…anything, and will I get offered an ambassadorship by a rich company for a slack $250K a year which isn't included in the salary cap…..

Then it's always convenient if your shift has you returning closer to home and family because then you can trot out the 'I-made-the-decision-based-on-family' excuse, for leaving your teammates and fans in the lurch.
It's just as convenient if you are going to a premiership contender - the 'I see more opportunity for success and a chance to better develop my game' excuse.
Neither of these excuses would ever be made, if the money is enough to stop a player from leaving.

Lets refrain from being naive. It has nothing to do with loyalty or being a good bloke. Money drives everything when it comes to player contracts.

LOL Port are playing finals on the weekend , but it's still all about the crows.

None of Tex Danger and Sloane will say they're staying until their managers have wrung the best deals possible out of the AFC. Regardless of what we like to think, make no mistake, money is the number one consideration in all - yes all - player deals.

Second consideration is…money.

Third consideration is the player weighing up whether the extra money is enough to warrant uprooting and going to another life. $50K? nah not worth it. $100K? probably but nah - getting' paid a $mill anyway so what's a measly $100K. $150K? ok, now we're starting to talk. $200K over 3 years? - getting pretty close. $300K over 3 years - done!

Fourth consideration = second consideration. It's the money, aaaaand, is the cocaine's on tap where I'm goin?, will I be offered a house at $500,000 but in three years time I'm guaranteed it will be bought back from me for $1.2M, or will I suddenly end up with a TV network contract which just happens to be the network where the major 'talent' is the president of your club even though I know nothing about…well…anything, and will I get offered an ambassadorship by a rich company for a slack $250K a year which isn't included in the salary cap…..

Then it's always convenient if your shift has you returning closer to home and family because then you can trot out the 'I-made-the-decision-based-on-family' excuse, for leaving your teammates and fans in the lurch.
It's just as convenient if you are going to a premiership contender - the 'I see more opportunity for success and a chance to better develop my game' excuse.
Neither of these excuses would ever be made, if the money is enough to stop a player from leaving.

Lets refrain from being naive. It has nothing to do with loyalty or being a good bloke. Money drives everything when it comes to player contracts.
That's a blanket.. Plenty of players have turned their back on money to stay at their club, not everyone's the same..

So, remembering that salary cap is now a floating money pool (ie you can underspend in one year to overspend in another), I hope we are paying as little as possible for next year to build a stockpile for 2016.

In 2016, the Crows will have Radar's & Thommo's money to spend on these players.

2015 - there is Rutten & Porps money to allocate out.

So, remembering that salary cap is now a floating money pool (ie you can underspend in one year to overspend in another), I hope we are paying as little as possible for next year to build a stockpile for 2016.

In 2016, the Crows will have Radar's & Thommo's money to spend on these players.

2015 - there is Rutten & Porps money to allocate out.
Bacon you would know - is Tex a RFA end of 2015?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really want Tex to come out tonight at the B&F and say "There is a chance I will play for Port Adelaide in the future...when they fold, relocate and merge with North Broken Hill"

That would put an end to it all pretty quickly.
i can't like this twice, but i'd love for him to say that!

What's the bet in the next week we resign Reilly and Jpod on 500K deals over 2 years

We've made worse decisions so I wouldn't be too surprised actually

What's the bet in the next week we resign Reilly and Jpod on 500K deals over 2 years

We've made worse decisions so I wouldn't be too surprised actually

Can we keep the "oh but we always do crap like this" kind of opinions out of this topic?

When have we done anything like this? Historically, we've only offered 1 year deals to 30+ players. Radar was 29 when he got his 2 year extension.

It's fine to be disenchanted, but comments like this do nothing.

Yes it was, happened many times..
Everyone is not the same..

Cloke for one example received a good offer from the Pies but higher offers from other clubs.. Half the Geelong team.. Riewoldt - and so on..
the money offered was simply not enough to shift them. We have no idea what other incentives they were/are promised, but i know for fact they exist, and they all involve money.
Half the geelong team were never offered enough money to make them leave. The right amount would shift them alright. They were still paid well, but if they were offered Ablett type money, Geelong would have no players.

It is all driven by the money.

This gon' be a fun thread!

In my honest opinion, Danger is the biggest flight risk. But that could possibly just be the pessimist in me. I honestly don't see Tex going. He bleeds red, gold and blue. Sloaney, to me is dependent on Danger, but my gut feel is that he'll stay too.

Will be an interesting year, 2015...

the money offered was simply not enough to shift them. We have no idea what other incentives they were/are promised, but i know for fact they exist, and they all involve money.
Half the geelong team were never offered enough money to make them leave. The right amount would shift them alright. They were still paid well, but if they were offered Ablett type money, Geelong would have no players.

It is all driven by the money.
That's the extreme level though..
Other players have had reported differentials in the hundred/s thousand dollars area and didn't take it..
Deledio was another, there are many.. Seen the interviews so many times with players saying they loved the club and stayed for less money..
Of course some will be dragged in by the right amount, but those GC/GWS inflated amounts don't really exist now.. So the chances of it happening are far reduced..

Anyway, Tex won't be going anywhere unless he has been pissed off enough by the Vince trade.. But I don't see him going..
Danger will go if he wants to be back close to home..
Sloane I doubt will be going anywhere.. If Danger goes though, you never know.. :eek:

I've never had the privelege of being paid to play sport. Does anyone think that a group of players in a similar situation might have a joint chat with their managers all together saying - we want to be here, we don't want to play our contracts off against each other - go and make it happen??
That's the sort of stuff you dream about having happen, but unfortunately there are managers and things that would get in the way and convince you to do otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back