Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Pre-launch thread

Are you excited?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am thinking its Marsden's old gang, including the woman who eventually became his wife.

Music and Graphics were both very impressive.

Last game I played was GTA4 on the 360. This is what it's taken to reignite my interest. Only just found out about the VR stuff today too. Looks like I'll be getting a PS4, VR headset and this game.

Not sure how to tell the wife..
AHG2uMD.gif

Last game I played was GTA4 on the 360. This is what it's taken to reignite my interest. Only just found out about the VR stuff today too. Looks like I'll be getting a PS4, VR headset and this game.

Just make sure she gets a controller too!

Jewellery may help...

lol mate Im just about on the same boat as you. Haven't played much games the last few years but this VR thing and seeing some of the new games coming about has made me pre order a PS4 and VR headset couple of days ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game has aged really well

Was thinking this too. I actually never finished the main story first time around. Can't remember why as I did just about everything else. Either game glitch or Undead Nightmare sidetracked me and I never went back.

Time to right this wrong. This time there'll be no stopping every 30 seconds to collect some stupid plant or skin an animal.

No chance they don't do single player. It's still far too good to just focus on a co-op mode, or just online in general.

Really interested to see what they can do with online this time around. Online was pretty decent last time, but definitely had potential to be a lot better.

Well, considering the way GTA single player was abandoned pretty much out of the gate, I don't like your chances

Nah I'd actually argue serious online integration in the main campaign is fairly unlikely. I know its all the rage now with Destiny and The Division but Rockstar are known and revered for their single player worlds, would be a fair pivot for them to change that up - especially as this has likely been in development since before GTA5 came out.

It will be like GTA 5 with a single player story and a dedicated online multiplayer microtransaction paradise.

Rockstar know that there will be markets that would only buy Red Dead for one of these modes so they'll put both in to satisfy both audiences.

They'll probably do what they did with GTAV, not release the online for a few weeks after release.
I think that was done purely because GTA Online was far from being a nice finished product when the game hit. Even when it came out it was a bit of a mess, and really wasn't the complete thing till early last year.

They know how to build that sort of online game now so they may be ready for online from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back