Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm enjoying the current part of the game

Losing Arthur hurt, straight after losing my beautiful Arabian too

I mean I knew it was going to end for him and the way it happened was good, the time as John is interesting, have taken him through a few looks, doesn't seem like you can actually give him the John look though which I find a bit strange

I enjoyed building Beecher's Hope, wondering how long I have left before the actual end
I was more upset about the horse than anything else.

I must admit, after nearly 3 chapters done, I was enjoying the game, but it hasn't been a stand out. The story has been good, but there hasn't been much else. I haven't seen any of those awesome gang hideouts, no weirdo side missions, hardly any bounties and too many stranger encounters being requests for collectibles.

But things have really picked up as Ive started to St Denis.

I must admit, after nearly 3 chapters done, I was enjoying the game, but it hasn't been a stand out. The story has been good, but there hasn't been much else. I haven't seen any of those awesome gang hideouts, no weirdo side missions, hardly any bounties and too many stranger encounters being requests for collectibles.

But things have really picked up as Ive started to St Denis.

If you go exploring you will start to come across more random events, strangers etc. From memory many don't appear until chapters 3 or 4 so it could be that you just haven't triggered them yet.

I feel the same way about the game though. It just never left the same impression on me as most other Rockstar games such as the first game or a GTA game did.

If you go exploring you will start to come across more random events, strangers etc. From memory many don't appear until chapters 3 or 4 so it could be that you just haven't triggered them yet.

I feel the same way about the game though. It just never left the same impression on me as most other Rockstar games such as the first game or a GTA game did.
I'd love a remaster of the original so I could play them both with the scenery at the level of this one.

Amazingly I'm watching the end credits as I type this. Only took me just over four months.

I found GTA V very overrated too.

This is definitely a step back in the right direction for Rockstar. Bar a couple of fundemental issues I do see why so many people do think it is a classic even if I think it is too flawed for me, unlike V which I think was objectively not that good. Hopefully not so long between drinks again and they hit us with some greatness again.

Last edited:
I brushed past a cart going the other way as I was crossing the bridge in Strawberry in Online the other night, and got shot in the head by an NPC for my trouble. This game has some weird ideas about normal civic interaction sometimes

Redid chapter one last night.

Damn Arthur looks different with short hair and no beard.

Think he's a bit Aaron Eckhart

MV5BMTc4MTAyNzMzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ5MzQzMg@@._V1_UY317_CR6,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Only 5 more challenges off 100%.

Got robbed of the MVP trophy last night. Won my first two races which meant 3 in a row but only one counted. Not sure if you have to quit put for them to count or not. You can get some nice XP though.

I also got the bear trophy and studied a panther. Just need to study the Florida panther to get the Zoologist trophy. Once I do that and the challenges I will start a new playthrough to go for 70 golds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got 100% tonight. Once I study a Florida panther i will start a new play through. Looking forward to it.

Found a good spot for those the other day.

2019-03-06 22.28.41.png

Got a 50/50 split of Florida Panthers to regular ones there (at night) which was far better than the 100% regular Panthers I was getting down near Bolger Glade. :thumbsu:

Found a good spot for those the other day.

View attachment 630563

Got a 50/50 split of Florida Panthers to regular ones there (at night) which was far better than the 100% regular Panthers I was getting down near Bolger Glade. :thumbsu:
I didn't even realise they spawned there.

I will check it out though as I will happily take 50/50.

I've only seen Panthers near Catfish Jackson's. A poison arrow to the side will stop them from eating you so you can study them.

I didn't even realise they spawned there.

I will check it out though as I will happily take 50/50.

I've only seen Panthers near Catfish Jackson's. A poison arrow to the side will stop them from eating you so you can study them.

Yeah, I couldn't find a Florida one near Catfish Jackson's and came across that location whilst Googling how to find it. Spawned first go there but my horse bucked me and I didn't have the bow equipped, it showed up again on the 4th time around and actually ran away so I didn't even need the poison arrow. :drunk:

Been fighting with the game to go to the hair dressers before doing any missions in chapter two, been a losing battle

went to Saint Denis but the barber was closed, did the bar mission with Javier and Charles where you end up in a fight. Then the Saloon is closed so I'm riding to Strawberry to see if I can get a haircut there

Opened up a fair bit of the map riding around going to get myself an Arabian and see how much of it I can explore while this early in

Just did the mission where

You break Rains Fall out of the fort, great mission.
That moment when your posse all side with you and then ride down the hill with that bitchen' music had to be the most epic moment in the whole game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back