Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm 101 hours in now. Back in Chapter 2 on my second play through.
Already done a bunch of side missions I never touched or never finished first time around and have discovered things I missed like camo chores.

Things like hunting make more sense now and I've noticed they throw quite a few tutorial type encounters at you if you take the time to stop

Have only recently started playing this and am about 3 missions into Chapter 2. TBH, I'm finding it a turgid, unresponsive, slow-moving slog and am losing enthusiasm to continue despite the quality of the writing.

Does anyone actually play RDR2 Online?

Gave it a shot for a good few hours maybe a month ago. Not a fan, wasn't enought to do at that stage, might be different now not sure. Might have been issues with my matchmaking too, was playing that battle royale-esque mode and could never get a match going with more than 5 players even though the max was 32 - anyone else encounter that?

Trying to catch and tame the white Arabian horse is a f'n joke. Wasted way too much time chasing that thing. Tempted to just shoot the bloody thing.

Trying to catch and tame the white Arabian horse is a f'n joke. Wasted way too much time chasing that thing. Tempted to just shoot the bloody thing.
It's really not that hard. Get off your horse at a bit of a distance, sneak towards it once you can calm it do that and move slowly, until you can pat it.

Ride up to it or move quickly and you got no hope

It's really not that hard. Get off your horse at a bit of a distance, sneak towards it once you can calm it do that and move slowly, until you can pat it.

Ride up to it or move quickly and you got no hope
Yeah that’s not where it ends though. If you’re like me you’ll waste another half hour trying to break the bloody horse!

Yeah that’s not where it ends though. If you’re like me you’ll waste another half hour trying to break the bloody horse!
really just pull back and mash calm while on the horse, never had an issue

I decided to jump back on and go Arabian hunting myself, found it first up had no issues tracking it but struggled to break it in until I read the tip about back and forth and spamming calm, and got it pretty quick after that. Problem was that I had a pile of perfect pelts that I wanted to take to the trapper but I saved the game after I broke the horse and not when I swapped saddles, so when I was killed by a cougar just as I was getting to the trapper I didn't have the Arabian after I reloaded.

Decision time: Go with keeping the pelts with manual save, or Arabian with auto save? I went with the pelts because I figured that I could get the horse again pretty quick now that I know what to do, but of course now I can't find the bloody thing again.

Also I decided to leave the bounty that I got after the Micah Strawberry shenanigans up instead of paying it off straight away like I've previously done, and now my travels through West Elizabeth are much more fun and rewarding. Picking up trinkets by the bucketload

I decided to jump back on and go Arabian hunting myself, found it first up had no issues tracking it but struggled to break it in until I read the tip about back and forth and spamming calm, and got it pretty quick after that. Problem was that I had a pile of perfect pelts that I wanted to take to the trapper but I saved the game after I broke the horse and not when I swapped saddles, so when I was killed by a cougar just as I was getting to the trapper I didn't have the Arabian after I reloaded.

Decision time: Go with keeping the pelts with manual save, or Arabian with auto save? I went with the pelts because I figured that I could get the horse again pretty quick now that I know what to do, but of course now I can't find the bloody thing again.

Also I decided to leave the bounty that I got after the Micah Strawberry shenanigans up instead of paying it off straight away like I've previously done, and now my travels through West Elizabeth are much more fun and rewarding. Picking up trinkets by the bucketload
my first Arabian I got no issues at all
Second play through my first Arabian got killed by wolves on my way back to the stables
had to go back and get another one
I made sure I had no pelts or anything, just went and got the Arabian

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this is where i have the most trouble. The camera angles when it tries to buck me off kill me and i keep falling off.

Ended up losing patience after an hour and bought a race horse from the Strawberry stables haha.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but Charles Smith reminds me of a cross between Connor from AC3 and Lincoln Clay from Mafia 3. One of the more likeable characters in the game.

Yeah this is where i have the most trouble. The camera angles when it tries to buck me off kill me and i keep falling off.

Ended up losing patience after an hour and bought a race horse from the Strawberry stables haha.
I ended up getting her. It was well worth it.

i just waited a couple of days and the Arabian reappeared. Took a bit of work to approach it, but it once I'd shot the wolves that were hanging around I got it straight away and broke it first go. Called it 'Harley' coz the bloody thing's like a motorbike compared to the Ardennes I had before

Just started the Epilogue. Game definitely picks up toward the end of the main story. It makes me think the pacing was just a bit too off as the first two thirds of the game just weren't strong enough or varied enough both in story or gameplay.

Doing plenty of thinks that I skipped or missed in my first play through

killed my first legendary animal, came across the Buck

going to get me some trapper gear and trinkets this play through, muck around with crafting more, do some challenges and try and open up the whole map

Doing plenty of thinks that I skipped or missed in my first play through

killed my first legendary animal, came across the Buck

going to get me some trapper gear and trinkets this play through, muck around with crafting more, do some challenges and try and open up the whole map
You must have flown through if you didn't kill any legendary animals the first time. The Buck is one of the best though.

I'm on my second run too going for 70 golds and I'm also taking my time. Levelling up earlier and I will try and do some crafting with Pearson which I didn't bother with the first time. It's still an amazing game after at least 150 hours for me.

You must have flown through if you didn't kill any legendary animals the first time. The Buck is one of the best though.

I'm on my second run too going for 70 golds and I'm also taking my time. Levelling up earlier and I will try and do some crafting with Pearson which I didn't bother with the first time. It's still an amazing game after at least 150 hours for me.
Yeah my first play through was a speedy 85 off hours
I just didn't hunt much and didn't bother trying kill any legendary animal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back