Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
For those of us who own pets especially dogs, you never need to throw the left over food in the bin, well except for cooked bones they are bad. The left over take away that has been in the fridge for a day more than you think is safe, the wilted salad, fruit that is a bit over ripe, we all give to our pets instead of putting it in land fill to turn putrid.

My children & friends who don't own pets, freeze their unwanted leftovers & give them to me for Kenny, friends in other states & the country are doing the same thing now, giving their leftovers to their friends animals.

I think Restaurants should be saving their leftovers for the animal shelters, who always need help with feeding the animals they take into their care.

So people, before you throw out your leftovers, is there someone you know who has a pet that you can give that food to, rather than let it rot in landfill?

How about a regular compost heap?

Make your own vegetable garden and already you're contributing to less waste too :thumbsu:

I've always thought restaurant leftovers should be given to the homeless.

How about a regular compost heap?

Make your own vegetable garden and already you're contributing to less waste too :thumbsu:

I've always thought restaurant leftovers should be given to the homeless.

Agree on both points, but unfortunately these days less & less people are growing their own vegies, I don't know why it's a hell of a lot cheaper & they taste so much better. Plus use the compost to have a worm farm, helps your soil when you put them in your garden.

I think restaurants don't give their leftovers away, because if someone gets sick they can be sued, sad really, but dogs are tougher they can eat rotten old buried food & survive, in fact the little bastards love it. :(

Agree on both points, but unfortunately these days less & less people are growing their own vegies, I don't know why it's a hell of a lot cheaper & they taste so much better. Plus use the compost to have a worm farm, helps your soil when you put them in your garden.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.... on the contrary, more and more people are growing their own vegies.

Mantis, I'm not going to be freezing leftovers so i can give it to a dog, it aint gonna happen. The only dog i have anything to do with is getting fat from all the left overs he eats at my dads place. Most people who own pets have their animals eating requirements under control.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back