Player Watch Reef McInnes

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to see him clunk a few more marks on the lead, expect that will come, he needs more core strength. Did very well to take a couple of opportunities on the ground and turn them into goals. Well worth persisting with.

Probably the only good story from tonight’s disaster.

Should have been in the side from round 0, no idea why they had AJ ahead of him.

Frampton the other one. Our mids were awful, but our aerial game was much improved.

Yes he was very good but far from the only shining light.

Frampton was also very good and so was Elliott , Cameron and Josh

True, l forgot Frampton unfairly. He was very good. He at least gave us some hope going forward that we maybe able to turn this around.
I also thought that Jaicos was our best player on the night.
In terms of McInnes, l was more directing that shining light towards the future, and he really showed something last night

Yes he was very good but far from the only shining light.

Frampton was also very good and so was Elliott , Cameron and Josh

I actually think it was most areas of the ground looking better - but our mids and runners were bloody awful.

Reef would be even better if we had a McStay type next to him. We have had a bit of bad luck this pre season
It’s the least of our worries from a full ground perspective, but who rucks then? You can’t carry McStay, Mihocek, McInnes and Cox who are all sub 10 possession players unless the ground level group is humming along. I think he works well alongside McStay once Mihocek finishes up until then a fit McStay makes it challenging to fit them all in.

I actually think it was most areas of the ground looking better - but our mids and runners were bloody awful.
Boy they’d be hard to coach at the moment! It’s bloody whackamole with how we’re losing. I think so much of it is down to fundamentals like players running into each other, fumbling, unable to break or stick tackles, dropping marks, not coming ancross 3rd man up, spoiling instead of marking and missing two metre handballs. The frustrating part is that was basically Steele’s game last night 🤪

It’s the least of our worries from a full ground perspective, but who rucks then? You can’t carry McStay, Mihocek, McInnes and Cox who are all sub 10 possession players unless the ground level group is humming along. I think he works well alongside McStay once Mihocek finishes up until then a fit McStay makes it challenging to fit them all in.
Bit early to be worrying about that ( way too early) but McInnes isn’t a kpp and maybe he gets more ball when released upfield. Or maybe cox goes out and mcstay rucks.

Boy they’d be hard to coach at the moment! It’s bloody whackamole with how we’re losing. I think so much of it is down to fundamentals like players running into each other, fumbling, unable to break or stick tackles, dropping marks, not coming ancross 3rd man up, spoiling instead of marking and missing two me. The frustrating part is that was basically Steele’s game last night 🤪

The hardest thing is that it's our most reliable players. My favourite's too. Steele, Crisp, Howe plus Mitchell are just really bad at the moment. If they were youngsters it'd be - this bloke's not up to it- never again - what was Hine thinking etc... if these blokes didn't have 1000 top line games racked up between them, we would be shredding them.

The other thing is that we need to switch Jordy to different patterns when plan A isn't working. Stop running the centre square pattern for a forward handball if he's being clamped and we can't get it to him.

i'm running out of options sco, give me something please. A little ray of hope:'(;)

The hardest thing is that it's our most reliable players. My favourite's too. Steele, Crisp, Howe plus Mitchell are just really bad at the moment. If they were youngsters it'd be - this bloke's not up to it- never again - what was Hine thinking etc... if these blokes didn't have 1000 top line games racked up between them, we would be shredding them.

The other thing is that we need to switch Jordy to different patterns when plan A isn't working. Stop running the centre square pattern for a forward handball if he's being clamped and we can't get it to him.
Wrong thread for it so this’ll be it for me. The big issue I have is that they’re the glue binding it all together which really sets the tone.

Steele runs into Markov ball spills St Kilda swoop goal, Steele spoils instead of marking falls into Higgins’ lap goal, Moore runs in the way of a Frampton handball ball rebounds goal and Moore misses a handball 15 out from goal turnover you know the rest. That’s ignoring all the little ones that cost us opportunities to score like Crisp’s fumbles or Shoota’s dropped chest mark along with the Frampton push on Huggins which was one of the more bizarre decisions I’ve seen on a footy field. He had eyes on it * knows what he was trying to do?? None of them were under Sydney like pressure we just blew it.

It doesn’t get any easier for JDG with Dunkley next week. I don’t have the solution, but i agree it feels like it’s time to put the big dog away and start running more conservative patterns. That was probably the easiest defensive mid role Steele’s played last night despite the hit out sheet resembling the free kick numbers in reverse…

Wrong thread for it so this’ll be it for me. The big issue I have is that they’re the glue binding it all together which really sets the tone.

Steele runs into Markov ball spills St Kilda swoop goal, Steele spoils instead of marking falls into Higgins’ lap goal, Moore runs in the way of a Frampton handball ball rebounds goal and Moore misses a handball 15 out from goal turnover you know the rest. That’s ignoring all the little ones that cost us opportunities to score like Crisp’s fumbles or Shoota’s dropped chest mark along with the Frampton push on Huggins which was one of the more bizarre decisions I’ve seen on a footy field. He had eyes on it * knows what he was trying to do?? None of them were under Sydney like pressure we just blew it.

It doesn’t get any easier for JDG with Dunkley next week. I don’t have the solution, but i agree it feels like it’s time to put the big dog away and start running more conservative patterns. That was probably the easiest defensive mid role Steele’s played last night despite the hit out sheet resembling the free kick numbers in reverse…
My memory of that Melbourne final where he was off the charts good, Jordy wasn't playing as an ahead of the ball receiver - he was hunting the ball like a regular mid. Not sure if it's instructional or whether he's just reverted to old patterns - or if it's all a figment of my imagination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s also potentially the easiest thing that it’s our most reliable players too. They haven’t just forgotten overnight how to do it. Hopefully….

My memory of that Melbourne final where he was off the charts good, Jordy wasn't playing as an ahead of the ball receiver - he was hunting the ball like a regular mid. Not sure if it's instructional or whether he's just reverted to old patterns - or if it's all a figment of my imagination.
if he gets tagged on ball he needs to go to their prime mover / ball-winner and create a 1 v 2 our way

if he gets tagged on ball he needs to go to their prime mover / ball-winner and create a 1 v 2 our way
That’s a good shout, but the problem last night was Steele is their prime mover and sacrificed his game to take away JDG’s. Gut feel if Naicos has a normal night we probably win despite all the other noise. sr36 I’ll back you in on what he was doing in that final v now, but it was GWS that he was dominant. He had a stinker v the Dees after he twisted his knee in the build up to the Brayshaw hit.

That’s a good shout, but the problem last night was Steele is their prime mover and sacrificed his game to take away JDG’s. Gut feel if Naicos has a normal night we probably win despite all the other noise. sr36 I’ll back you in on what he was doing in that final v now, but it was GWS that he was dominant. He had a stinker v the Dees after he twisted his knee in the build up to the Brayshaw hit.
Yep the Dees part was definitely my imagination

Reef would be even better if we had a McStay type next to him. We have had a bit of bad luck this pre season

Not only has McStay's injury hurt the side in '24, it has brought out the "we don't draft key position players" brigade in force.

Tough start to the year.

if the oppo's prime mover is already directly tagging JDG then he should go and stand on their next prime mover ..creates a 1v2 our way & forces them to make a call

rigidly running 2 of theirs on JDG is an ideal outcome ..it means one of ours is free & you can start to dictate around the ball

Not only has McStay's injury hurt the side in '24, it has brought out the "we don't draft key position players" brigade in force.

Tough start to the year.
McRae can’t coach
Clubs a basket case, never won anything
Elliot is cooked (BOG)
Jealous of Carlton’s list (cellar dwellers for 30 years with plenty of “cooking utensils”
Ginnivan is Eddie betts

I’ll stop

McRae can’t coach
Elliot is cooked (BOG)
Jealous of Carlton’s list (cellar dwellers for 30 years with plenty of “cooking utensils”
Ginnivan is Eddie betts

I’ll stop

nO seleCtion IntegrIty!!! :mad::mad::mad:

McRae can’t coach
Elliot is cooked (BOG)
Ginnivan is Eddie betts

I’ll stop
I thought Ginnivan was more Kev Bartlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back