Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only have to look as far as our form after the 2018 flag to say we probably don’t win 18 if we win 15.
Yeah but that means Simpson is already sacked, and our senior coach Sam Mitchell probably has us sitting top.

Yeah but that means Simpson is already sacked, and our senior coach Sam Mitchell probably has us sitting top.
Is this the fantasy where Fireman Sam gets divorced, stays in Perth, moves in with the ex Mrs E and everyone lives happily ever after?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's watching the 800m tonight?

Can't wait for the headlines tomorrow:
"Bol'd over"
"Un-Bol-ievable"

It's a West reporters wet dream

Bring it home Bol!

I do the onions pretty oily on the BBQ sometimes, turns out delicious. Bad for you but delicious.

At least doing it that way gives you a bit of texture

Sounds like a fancy way of saying caramelised

Almost the opposite. Confit duck is the most popular example, I guess. Submerge duck in a tray of oil and put it in a low oven to cook for several hours. Kinda like sous vide with oil.

Almost the opposite. Confit duck is the most popular example, I guess. Submerge duck in a tray of oil and put it in a low oven to cook for several hours. Kinda like sous vide with oil.

I'm perplexed because even though you seem to know what you're talking about, I was pretty confident cooking onions low and slow in oil caramelises them. But either way, NYT clarifies

The French word “confit” usually refers to food that is slowly cooked in some kind of fat. Originally, confit was a method used for preserving meat, typically duck, goose or pork. When stored and cooled in earthenware crocks, a layer of fat on top kept the food from spoiling by sealing out air. Onion confit, on the other hand, is a savory preparation of sliced onions, cooked to a soft, almost melting consistency, often seasoned with salt, herbs, sugar and vinegar for a somewhat sweet-and-sour effect. Sometimes called onion marmalade, a spoonful or two makes a perfect accompaniment to roasted meats.

I'm perplexed because even though you seem to know what you're talking about, I was pretty confident cooking onions low and slow in oil caramelises them. But either way, NYT clarifies
Ha yeah itd be the opposite of caramelising them i wouldve thought.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

They make it sound pretty yummy there at least! I guess there's nothing stopping them hitting the onions with a blow torch real quick for some char

Taylor Walker given a 6 match ban and a $20k fine for using a racial slur at a SANFL match

Ban will rule him out of first 3 matches next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back