Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doesn’t matter one bit but I would have thought Grimes’ case is particularly tenuous given he’s got form for flopping.

I think the Vlastuin one was a touch on the harsh side, notwithstanding how soft the impact was once Bellchambers’ arm bounced off his shoulder to his cheek there was contact made.

Vlastuin looked like he was shot by the guy on the grassy knoll.

Over-cooked it.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Vlastuin looked like he was shot by the guy on the grassy knoll.

Over-cooked it.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Oh no doubt he put a heap of mayo on it but wasn’t as much as a “shooting stars” dive as Grimes. Can’t stand Grimes and that diving only reinforces that. Early in his career he made absolute ham fisted attempts at the Selwood/Shuey “arm raise” in tackles to try and milk soft frees. Longstanding form at staging.

Vlastuin’s action was somewhat in line with what Jack Darling used to do a few years back. Glad that he has got it out of his game.

Now Sonny Walters on the other hand...

Oh no doubt he put a heap of mayo on it but wasn’t as much as a “shooting stars” dive as Grimes. Can’t stand Grimes and that diving only reinforces that. Early in his career he made absolute ham fisted attempts at the Selwood/Shuey “arm raise” in tackles to try and milk soft frees. Longstanding form at staging.

Vlastuin’s action was somewhat in line with what Jack Darling used to do a few years back. Glad that he has got it out of his game.

Now Sonny Walters on the other hand...
Not a fan of Shuey’s arm lever which he’s started to do again the last couple of years.

But I generally don’t have as much an issue with players exaggerating prohibited acts (eg Butler dropping after a clear 50m against Neale; Darling’s head throws after being collected high, etc). It looks weak but it’s better than letting he opposition get away with breaking the rules

I reckon Shuey hardly ever does the arm lift these days. Haven’t really noticed it since the 2017 EF. Seems much more confident to just step out of tackles the last few years, rather than drop and try and draw a free. Much better to see

I don’t like it in general, but the fact it gave us two after the siren victories means I’ll always have a soft spot for it. The Norf one with Selwood doing what Selwoods do, was just gold, in Brad Scott week none the less. Then Shuey in an extra time final. It’s up there with Riolis block for our best wins from cheating the umps. #alltheluck

Richmond are clearly trying to find a theme to motivate them to their third recent premiership. 2017 was about ending the drought and embracing all personalities and spirits, and 2019 was about righting the wrong of the Collingwood PF.

The theme is now about siege mentality. It's about making out that everyone hates them and wants them to lose - the fans, the media, the AFL. It's a good strategy that can work in the short term. You don't care how ridiculous it looks to anyone outside the tent - it's how it resonates with those inside your family that counts.

Some laughed at the Bulldogs using our request for them to exit the hotel on the Gold Coast (because they were not finals bound) as fuel for the fire. 100% they should use that! It's easy to say that professional athletes should be 'up' for every game, but most of the training and strategy now is around making cold, clinical - ie emotionless - decisions in the heat of battle. But there will always be room for the 'Have you heard what they're saying about you?' rev up in short spells. I fully expect the Bulldogs to remind us of that prior to our match in a couple of weeks - so they should!

Anyway, my point is, the Richmond hierarchy don't think they are hard done by, but they sure as hell will be telling the boys they are.

Last edited:
Agreed. Simmo said in 2018 we were really galvanised after the Gaff incident and the witch hunt that came after it. First thing Sheed said post match was that everybody said we couldn’t do it, nobody gave us a chance etc. it can work, but probably not for prolonged periods. I’d hope we’re using some sort of ammo for this hub stint, about how everyone expects us to stink it up again because we were so s**t last time. Or that they all say we can’t win it from QLD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First thing Sheed said post match was that everybody said we couldn’t do it, nobody gave us a chance etc.

Great example. Even I was a little confused by that at the time. We’d all moved on from the weak coast stuff, but nobody let the players forget it.

Great example. Even I was a little confused by that at the time. We’d all moved on from the weak coast stuff, but nobody let the players forget it.
My take on it was he was saying that all the media kept talking about how s**t the west coast midfield was, "but now we have a medal around our necks". Throughout the whole finals series, the media kept saying the Eagles would fail because the midfield couldn't do the tough stuff and win ground balls.

My take on it was he was saying that all the media kept talking about how sh*t the west coast midfield was, "but now we have a medal around our necks". Throughout the whole finals series, the media kept saying the Eagles would fail because the midfield couldn't do the tough stuff and win ground balls.
Funnily enough, ground balls appear to be a big problem again.

You don't care how ridiculous it looks to anyone outside the tent - it's how it resonates with those inside your family that counts.

This is key.

The recent era Golden State Warriors were quite possibly the greatest NBA team of all time, romped home to several titles and made their equivalent of the Grand Final without breaking a sweat for half a decade.

Every interview, even after they were multiple time champions, centred around “nobody believes in us, everybody says we’re finished”, which not a single soul was saying. But clearly it resonated because it came up every. single. time.

Tigers might be going for an “AFL hates us” approach which would be equally funny, but if they believe it then so be it.

Coincidentally, Naitanui has been in beast mode since O'Brien accidentally shared his notes. Cheers Reilly!

One of the best pieces of official West Coast media ever was the Backchat podcast post grandfinal, just casually going through a whole bunch of times the AFL media wrote us off and were dead wrong. And the sheer joy that Schofield had sticking it up them. Ah, glorious.

Yep. Move our QLD. game back to Optus. Let's watch Rich. / Coll. / Gee. squeal like stuck pigs about it and then let Gil make the announcement about Perth hosting the grand final.

Then it is up to you to literally wipe the floor with either Rich or Geel on the day. Tears from Danger my preference.

W.C. v Geel grand finals 3 - 0 👍
Absolutely best ever trawl for opposition board likes ever seen. Top job Hoj!!

This is key.

The recent era Golden State Warriors were quite possibly the greatest NBA team of all time, romped home to several titles and made their equivalent of the Grand Final without breaking a sweat for half a decade.

Every interview, even after they were multiple time champions, centred around “nobody believes in us, everybody says we’re finished”, which not a single soul was saying. But clearly it resonated because it came up every. single. time.

Tigers might be going for an “AFL hates us” approach which would be equally funny, but if they believe it then so be it.
Robert Walls threw out an off hand, not researched comment that he thought we'd win the spoon on a show barely anyone watched, and it clearly was heavily used as motivation inside the club through out 2018

Robert Walls threw out an off hand, not researched comment that he thought we'd win the spoon on a show barely anyone watched, and it clearly was heavily used as motivation inside the club through out 2018

Sure, but the sentiment that we’d be a bottom four club was much more prevalent that year than the concept that the greatest NBA team in history or the reigning Premiers are somehow the underdog.

So dalhaus gets off with the arm pinned sling tackle ?

It was a Carbon copy of the Alex neal-bullen tackle without the KO .

Neal - bullen 4 weeks
Dalhaus 0 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back