Discussion Remaining Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

More detail to be released today for RD 9.

Played so far

Nth
WB
Coll
Rich
Carl
Fre
Ade *

Remaining

Bris
GC
WC
PA
Haw
Gee
Mel
Ess
GWS
Syd

A softish draw so far. Remaining fixture includes 3 of the current bottom four. Taking nothing for granted, but a win in all 3 will give us 6. 9 or 10 wins and we play finals. Hopefully the loss on the weekend does not come back to bite.

IF (big if atm) we can beat all of Ade, Syd and Mel. We will need to get another 3 wins from games against Haw, GC, GWS, Ess or Gee.

Bris, PA and WC may be out of reach for us.
I'm not sure if 9 wins guarantees you a spot in the finals either. I reckon we'd have to have a very good percentage as well.

IF (big if atm) we can beat all of Ade, Syd and Mel. We will need to get another 3 wins from games against Haw, GC, GWS, Ess or Gee.

Bris, PA and WC may be out of reach for us.
Our competitiveness against Brisbane and PA will largely come down to where the game is played.

Brisbane away from the Gabba and Port away from their fortress of Metricon or Adelaide Oval are slightly more winnable but we would still be massive underdogs.

I'm not sure if 9 wins guarantees you a spot in the finals either. I reckon we'd have to have a very good percentage as well.

The only blessing out of the weekend is we didn't get blown out by 10 goals and really screw the percentage down ... a pity we completely **** the bed in the final minute and didn't split the points - in a season like this a draw is almost as good as a win, so even that was a missed opportunity among myriad missed opportunities during the game.

Back to back games in Adelaide according to The Age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sloane out this week, along with Walker. Now is the time to break the duck.

Fingers crossed we get the swans in the next few weeks also, they are depleted.

Sloane out this week, along with Walker. Now is the time to break the duck.

Fingers crossed we get the swans in the next few weeks also, they are depleted.
So were Freo on the weekend , that means squat if we dont turn up or go to sleep

Weren't Port and Crows in Queensland for a month, and now we get to Queensland but we have to play both of them now they've returned to SA? How bloody backwards is that! Why not send us to SA for a few weeks first instead of damn Noosa??

Weren't Port and Crows in Queensland for a month, and now we get to Queensland but we have to play both of them now they've returned to SA? How bloody backwards is that! Why not send us to SA for a few weeks first instead of damn Noosa??
Because we weren't allowed in SA before we did two weeks quarantine outside of Victoria.

Because we weren't allowed in SA before we did two weeks quarantine outside of Victoria.

Ahhh, got it...

So why don't we play in Queensland for two weeks THEN send us to SA for a fortnight? I know the AFL are busy men atm, but it just seems like there was zero consideration for us there.

This week is a must-win if we're to attempt to play against Port the following round. I think the back to back games in Adelaide will give us better preparation for Port but it's very unlikely we'll win anyway, hope we can keep as much of our percentage as possible and be fresh to go against whoever it is in Rd 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back