Discussion Remaining Fixture

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Baghdad Bombers - Sweet F.A.
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
8th is still possible even if we lose, but that will be relying on Essendon actually putting in some effort so its a very small chance. And that would also mean West Coast in Perth which is the least desirable finals match up.

Has it been confirmed that WC get to play in WA?. I don't know how that works unless their Premier loosens the reigns on border crossings

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Won't matter after the Suns beat the pies tonight anyway

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Suns have about as much chance of beating the Pies as the Hawks had of beating the Dogs, would be great if it happened but I'm not counting on it.

Adel vs GWS

I'm not banking on it but anything can happen

Adel vs GWS
I'm not banking on it but anything can happen

Much as I would like it, I don’t think you can compare the Pies to GWS.
Won’t stop me barracking for the upset obviously.

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Much as I would like it, I don’t think you can compare the Pies to GWS.
Won’t stop me barracking for the upset obviously.

I think pies win by 27 without getting out of 3rd gear but yep - let's kick the suns home

Looks like even if we had beaten North Melbourne & Fremantle (provided we win on Friday) we still would've ended up finishing 6th. Either way, finishing 6th or 7th nets us the same result - elimination final on neutral ground. Only difference is with 2 extra wins we'd have already clinched finals.

Hopefully we get the win on Friday and look back on it not having cost us anything.

I'm thinking if we lose to GWS we finish 9th.
Otherwise we are betting on an out of contention Essendon to decide to make a statement against melbourne, or the same scenario with Freo and Bulldogs.
Under those circumstances GWS would finish 10th, but they will still be motivated because they still get in if Melbourne and Bulldogs both lose.

if we lose by a point, melbourne will have to win by 45 points to make it

i just can't see us not making it unless we absolutely sh*t the bed

god now i feel like i'm jinxing it
It's about a 50 point swing. In all likelihood if we were to lose a close one it'd be around 1-2 goals meaning Melbourne would have to beat Essendon by about 6-7 goals. Actually possible as they'll know exactly what they need to do before their game and may even set up to score heavily / play a much more attacking brand.

Personally think we're out if we lose. Said last week it was our biggest game in 10 years well this trumps it.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
if we lose by a point, melbourne will have to win by 45 points to make it

i just can't see us not making it unless we absolutely sh*t the bed

god now i feel like i'm jinxing it
Sounds like you are setting yourself up for one of your world famous melts...

I'll get the popcorn!

Last edited:

Keg still on legs

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
In the end if we lose and don't make it we would only have ourselves to blame. We would have lost 5 out of the last 6 when we only needed 2 wins to secure a spot

If we win (and I think we will) we finish 6th which I think is a nice result seeing we avoid the eagles in perth

Back