Moved Thread Remember when Melbourne were going to be the next "super team"?

Remove this Banner Ad

1776611_o.gif

Very good

i blame the media, a few first round picks and all of a sudden the team is gonna be massive in 4-5 years.

you hear the exact same for GC and GWS at different stages, the problem is when the players and the club believe the hype

Sure, just like West Coast from 2007-2010 was an illusion. You're so right. That never happened either, of course :thumbsu:

Sorry Wonna but you are the most delusional supporter on this site. You can't even see or admit to, that Melbourne have been a laughable basketcase since 06. Those are just the facts that the rest of us can see, but no you have to put a spin on to everything.

Sure, just like West Coast from 2007-2010 was an illusion. You're so right. That never happened either, of course :thumbsu:

You want to compare results from that time period? Ok, WCE: 5th, 15th, 11th, 16th. Melb: 14th, 16th, 16th, 12th. We had a few bad years after winning a flag, and then straight back into the 4. When are Melbourne going to achieve something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was having a convo with mates about teams who never met their expectations, does anyone remember the hype the Demons were getting in late 2009/through 2010 in the media and their wn supporters? Many were saying how they were the "New Geelong" and the next super team in the making on the way up, bound for a premiership by 2013. Heaps of demon supporters were signing up on bigfooty at an astounding rate. Now, 2 years later if not for GC and GWS they would be on the bottom of the ladder.

I just thought it was an interesting topic, when expectations can backfire so badly.

Other teams have included:

Hawthorn: After a stellar 2001 in which they pushed Essendon to a kick, many thought the Hawks would take a step further in 2002. Hawthorn ended up underperforming in 02/03, bottoming out from 04-05, which eventually bore frut in 2008.

Fremantle time an time again have been unable to take the next step despite having a very talented list.

Thoughts? Any other examples where teams were expected to be super not only to go backwards but fall to the bottom?
Are you heckn serious?
have a look at your own rabble that's an absolute joke of a team before you start bagging others.

You can't even see or admit to, that Melbourne have been a laughable basketcase since 06.

Can't I?

Well, I guess you'd know :oops:

Fans of clubs who have been "laughable basketcases", as you put it, either prior to or since that time, or both, engaging in hyperbolic language on the main board about another club who happen to be struggling over this period, deserve to be exposed on the basis of such hypocrisy.

Aside from the fact this isn't the Bay, in case anyone didn't realise.

We weren't running around telling everyone that Andrew Strijk was secretly BOG

How stupid the ABC, SEN, Triple M and the AFL website were for disagreeing with you on that point. They should've just gone and asked you first, so they could make sure they got it right :thumbsu:

PS- Come off it, seriously... :rolleyes:

Fans of clubs who were "laughable basketcases", as you put it, either prior to or since that time, engaging in hyperbolic language on the main board about another club who happen to be struggling over this period, deserve to be exposed on the basis of such hypocrisy.

Melbourne are rubbish, supporting premier Geelong or reigning spooner Gold Coast doesn't necessarily diminish one's ability to observe this fact.

Can't I?

Well, I guess you'd know :oops:

Fans of clubs who have been "laughable basketcases", as you put it, either prior to or since that time, or both, engaging in hyperbolic language on the main board about another club who happen to be struggling over this period, deserve to be exposed on the basis of such hypocrisy.

Aside from the fact this isn't the Bay, in case anyone didn't realise.

How stupid the ABC, SEN, Triple M and the AFL website were for disagreeing with you on that point. They should've just gone and asked you first, so they could make sure they got it right :thumbsu:
An observation is an observation, it doesn't matter which team the supporter who brings up the subject goes for. In fact since you've been in the bottom 4 "rebuilding" for so long accumulating draft picks as a result of tanking with still nothing to show for it for over 6 years, then others have every right to jump on Melbourne because you'd be hard pressed to find someone with a worse record within the time period..

redface.gif
at you for using that opps icon.

An observation is an observation, it doesn't matter which team the supporter who brings up the subject goes for.

Depends on the nature of said observation.

Hell, Carlton were the worst team in the AFL for a decade, so much so that the Roys over our last 10 years in the comp had a better record than Carlton from 2000-2010.

But I don't recall seeing such a proliferation of MB threads dedicated to trolling the Blues about this - nor should there have been.

redface.gif
at you for using that opps icon.

Rep for that
redface.gif
:thumbsu:

I think Tuck is more important to Richmond than people realise though..... You guys seriously need to find a back up for Ivan as well.

Yep valid points, I'm a avid believer that Richmond are not on the verge of sustained finals appearances. Depth is poor, reliant on half a dozen guns. Tuck and foley are vitally important, if not more important than deledio, riewoldt. Both Allow Cochin, deledio, Martin to run free or rest forward. Ivan holds 2013 finals aspirations in his enormous hands and mullet. But not wanting to stray off topic too much, I am unsure of what next year will hold, I don't think hardwick is guaranteed in his role for the whole of next season either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back