Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he did call George Floyd that… before that he also said no one deserves to die that way but Floyd was no saint and didn’t deserve to be revered….. so yes looking at his list of felonies Sam was probably correct..

Sam said nothing during the winmar discussion at all .. haven’t seen u demanding Mike Sheehan have his name removed from the media centre…

Again, wrong it wasn’t a ten minute rant and he disputed who was on these lands first.. none of it is racist

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So good ol Sammy is not racist at all , thanks for the info.

Cancel culture hey? I'm sad Sam shares opinions that I don't agree with, let's cancel him. I agree with a lot of what he says, I'm incredibly right wing, I'm probably racist too, right?
Yep. He's not cancelled at all. He's got podcasts and news stories and heaps of media so that's just rubbish.
The question is should he be in the Hall of Fame considering his long held racist attitudes.

You said "30 years of racist rants."

He was inducted in 2002, so he had made 9 years of "racist rants" when the AFL inducted him!
True. The AFL are slow on the uptake , eg they apologised to Adam Goodes for not sticking up for him when Newman and others were personally attacking him and all the booing they let happen ect

I don’t think we are in a position to say what is right or wrong with her views. She’s an indigenous woman, she tells us, we don’t tell her. Do we judge any indigenous people in the Labor Party differently? Should we? Based on their political views? Bit of a slippery slope i reckon.
But she is of the gang that hates identity politics. Why object to criticism just based on the fact she is indigenous?

When she talks absolute rubbish, yes we hold her to account.

No intergenerational trauma from colonisation? That is an insane thing to say.

But anyway, that's for SRP.

I don't care either way about him being removed from the Hall of Fame because there's plenty of s**t campaigners in it, but anyone that doesn't think he's a racist POS in spite of decades of evidence is a moron or a racist themselves. Take your pick of which one if you fall into that camp.

Imagine wanting to 'boo' a ceremony which is about nothing except bringing people together.
campaigner brigades love to s**t on things to pretend that they are “free thinking” individuals. Funny thing is that they all slap each other on the back and reinforce thousands of years of racist unthinking hegemony

Dumb campaigners

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all heaven or hell with you.

There will always be evil in people minds. When you extract the evil you believe of today then you will find new evil soon right away. Then you keep extracting and removing until you find there is only you left in your perfect world.
I have no idea what you are trying to get across.

Do you think he should be removed, or do you not?

If you do, then why?
If you don't, then we are in agreeance, so your point is?

Geewizz ... the adjective intelligent is getting thrown around pretty liberally ...

Nah, don’t agree with this. I can't stand Sam, but we can't fall down the rabbit hole of removing someone just because they have contreversial opinions.

People just need to learn to drown his voice/opinions out. HoF or not, Sam lose relevance 20 years ago, lets keep it that way.

I've never understood the terms used by rednecks to try to slag off decent humans. Woke - being awake to the fact that there has been long term injustice suffered by people based on their race, gender, sexuality etc.
Virtue signalling - showing you are a decent person; letting others see that you treat and want others to treat people fairly regardless of their race, gender, sexuality etc
Political correctness - trying to stop morons from making racist, homophobic, misogynistic etc comments

Last edited:
I've never understood the terms used by rednecks to try to slag off decent humans. Woke - being awake to the fact that there has been long term injustice suffered by people based on their race, gender, sexuality etc.
Virtue signalling - showing you are a decent person; letting others see that you treat and want others to treat people fairly regardless of their race, gender, sexuality etc
Political correctness - trying to stop morons from making racist, homophones, misogynistic etc comments
"Social Justice Warrior" - Who is not for social justice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back