Replicating Sweet in a Minecraft world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet FA Road (Sewer) Trips - VCP to BJO via the Sewerage Network

They say there's no new ways between these grounds under the sun. But under the ground ...

This video is part of a Minecraft replication of locations in the world of Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is just now kicking off into its 37th season.

Links:
[Sweet FA Subforum] | [Bigfooty Minecraft Servers] | [World of Sweet Playlist on Youtube] | [SweetFA+]

East end of Dragon Island is finally getting development after languishing as an empty field for many years. A few tentative streets and about 15 houses are built, and as it backs onto the east end of ljp's lair, a new terrace stand behind those goals has also been added.

Dragon Island Oval (ljp's lair) stands/terraces in order of construction (years unknown):

North Wing:
2018-08-04_17.46.47.png

West End Goals:
2018-10-18_17.37.45.png

South Wing:
2019-04-12_21.40.18.png

East End Goals:
2024-02-03_00.46.17.png

For some Warriors who were thinking of choosing a home on Peninsula Drive.

Sweet FA Road Trips S37R01 - Peninsula Drive, Docklands

Quick walkthrough of Peninsula Drive where it passes through Docklands suburb. Starting from Abu Ghraib in the east and heading west until Rasasidge.

This video is part of a Minecraft replication of locations in the world of Sweet, the manufactured geographical home of the Sweet Football Association.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is just now kicking off into its 37th season.

Links:
[Sweet FA Subforum] | [Bigfooty Minecraft Servers] | [World of Sweet Playlist on Youtube] | [SweetFA+]

Sweet FA Road Trips S37R02 - Attenboro to Rasasidge

A quick appraisal of the three historical markers in Attenboro showing the location of early grounds where the Wonders used to play. Then on into Rasasidge, including a visit to Municipal Reserve Oval, and finally to the Colosseum via the (public) east entrance. Includes a stroll down the newly developed Smitty Drive near the coast.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is in the early stages of its 37th season.

Links:

Probably an insane idea, cos as if I didn't already have enough on my plate ... but ...

Should I introduce distant regions where the old leagues from other websites could have been (or still are) based, perhaps in remote parts of the nation, or even in neighbouring nations? I'm not beyond giving it a shot but it would take a while to travel far out and establish something.

Imagine if the RFFL and the Stick Sports leagues (for example) had a geographical location that could be considered actual regions, with respect to the Municipality of Sweet.

Asking thoughts from those who had input in those comps eg Headless & The Majestic

I saw an image ages ago where Argus Tuft (still around?) decided their home would be way out west in neighbouring country Ibarawa, much further than I've replicated in MC. It was near a town called Odi Vico. This could potentially be somewhere a league exists or existed. As per usual, I neglected to retain a link.

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm not beyond giving it a shot but it would take a while to travel far out and establish something.
You don't have to go MILES away. Anything free back closer to the spawn point?

Also I need to backup and update the server. I hadn't forgotten.

(Madly scribbles "Update Minecraft" in diary)

You don't have to go MILES away. Anything free back closer to the spawn point?

Also I need to backup and update the server. I hadn't forgotten.

(Madly scribbles "Update Minecraft" in diary)
Well it's not ridiculously far away. Everything's coordinated. I'll do the calcs later. Halothia is probably the same distance from Tindoo that Tindoo is from Lirmi. Odi Vico the same distance again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK that's a plan. I will update ASAP. Possibly today if other things go well.
I will be looking at old maps first and getting feedback from others and determining how to go about it. Heaps of time!

Probably an insane idea, cos as if I didn't already have enough on my plate ... but ...

Should I introduce distant regions where the old leagues from other websites could have been (or still are) based, perhaps in remote parts of the nation, or even in neighbouring nations? I'm not beyond giving it a shot but it would take a while to travel far out and establish something.

Imagine if the RFFL and the Stick Sports leagues (for example) had a geographical location that could be considered actual regions, with respect to the Municipality of Sweet.

Asking thoughts from those who had input in those comps eg Headless & The Majestic
A strong YES

Sweet FA Road Trips S37R03 - BJO (Old Town) to Wally Centre of Excellence (Waverley)

The Hawks have returned to Waverley Oval, albeit for just one match. It's Heritage Round and the East Side team chose to spend it at an old stomping ground in the south-west of Sweet.

This trip takes us down Legend Parade from Old Town, through Nou Camp and Rasasidge, past the the Colosseum, and then out west down Waverley Road to the village of the same name. En route we pass the Sweet Surrender Retirement Village, the Club Room nightspot, and Elton John's Lid Emporium.

The route retraces the same route of one of my first ever road trip videos, at which time the development of the municipality was eerily sparse. You can see that old trip here.

The Sweet FA is the Australian Football community's foremost (only) simulated fantasy Aussie Rules league, which commenced in 2001, and is in the early stages of its 37th season.

Links:

Sweet FA Road Trips S37R03 - BJO to Waverley now and then

A comparison of the road from Old Town to Waverley between 2018 and 2024.

Links:

Sweet FA Road Trips S37R04 - UndyStad to Renown Park

From Underground Stadium in the Los Carraras Shopping Complex within Nou Camp, by foot to the Regional Rail Station in Rasasidge, and then by rail through Waverley, Spotswood, Rhilpisa Road and to Rhilpisa. Then again on foot over the hill and into Rhilpisa, and to Renown Park (Roys FFC's alternative venue).

Links:

Portia Crescent in Alberton has been fully fleshed out, bringing the number of residences on the street up from 1 to 13. We're getting close to the 2500 mark of properties within Sweet municipality. Might have to have a party.

PortiaCres_2020_to_2024.gif
2024_02_25_PortiaCres.gif

When the MC server moves up a version, I'll be looking to develop a little more north (same nation Hindealla) and west (neighbouring nation Ibarawa).

Thanks to a suggestion from GremioPower , the new Northern region is likely to enjoy the name Pampaign. You can join your own dots on what kinds of folks live up there!

By the way, a new region has been forming over the last week or so, an archipelago of islands north of Sweet and the Meckons.

The name comes thanks to a suggestion from GremioPower

2024-02-27_20.30.26(cropped).png

Can you imagine the sorts of folks who live on this islands!?

PS: Chief I am expanding into an area that has previously been explored (hence no new chunks loaded). Awaiting a version upgrade before spreading to the left of that bay.

By the way, a new region has been forming over the last week or so, an archipelago of islands north of Sweet and the Meckons.

The name comes thanks to a suggestion from GremioPower

View attachment 1915826

Can you imagine the sorts of folks who live on this islands!?

PS: Chief I am expanding into an area that has previously been explored (hence no new chunks loaded). Awaiting a version upgrade before spreading to the left of that bay.
Can you imagine the amount of money Mobbs real estate could earn by selling private islands? $$$$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back