Autopsy Review Saints V Bulldogs 23 July

Remove this Banner Ad

These injuries probably put a nail in their GF hopes I'd cut them some slack

whats that say about their depth

eagles still made a grand final without their CHB and FB plus the loss of some key players for decent periods

and thats the problem with boyd, no boyd and they load up on some ready made KPPs

They still blame the free kick against Lake on Roo as the reason they didn't make the GF
Playing devils advocate, in some ways it is no different to a lot of Saints fans blaming a bad bounce and a toe poke for us not having more silverware. They are all just excuses whichever way you look at them.

Any Dogs fan that properly watched the game knows you had our measure, injuries or not. We got towelled in the middle and crumbled under your forward pressure. Everyone said their little piece, myself included, but it's pretty obvious we just weren't good enough.

Have really appreciated the classy posts from Saints fans, on this board and our own, with the exception of one who knows who he is. It's been an emotionally traumatic aftermath to the game, given the nature of the injuries, so it's great to see a lot of people get around Mitch and Jack.

Pity the Pies couldn't beat North and really heat up the race for the eight. Good luck for the rest of the year regardless. It's been a crazy one, who knows how the cards may fall.

Playing devils advocate, in some ways it is no different to a lot of Saints fans blaming a bad bounce and a toe poke for us not having more silverware. They are all just excuses whichever way you look at them.

Do we still hate the Cats as a team though after all these years? No, we have largely gotten over it and moved on.

The way you STILL hear Dogs fans booing Roo last night just shows the unique bitterness they have. It is pathetic really.

Last edited:
Any Dogs fan that properly watched the game knows you had our measure, injuries or not. We got towelled in the middle and crumbled under your forward pressure. Everyone said their little piece, myself included, but it's pretty obvious we just weren't good enough.

Have really appreciated the classy posts from Saints fans, on this board and our own, with the exception of one who knows who he is. It's been an emotionally traumatic aftermath to the game, given the nature of the injuries, so it's great to see a lot of people get around Mitch and Jack.

Pity the Pies couldn't beat North and really heat up the race for the eight. Good luck for the rest of the year regardless. It's been a crazy one, who knows how the cards may fall.
Classy post mate. And seriously, I pray their recovery is quick and effective.

And look, if you finish 5th, and we finish 8th, I look forward to a ripping rematch.

Do we still hate the Cats as a team though after all these years? No, we have largely gotten over it and moved on.

The way you STILL hear Dogs fans boing Roo last night just shows the unique bitterness they have. It is pathetic really.
I liken Roos perfomances against the Bulldogs to Warney completely owning Daryl Cullinan many years ago. I can't wait for our next game against them as I imagine Roo would.

Yep classy post, you have a strong club with a strong coach ...will get through the injuries

Quality win by our boys last night. Yes the Bulldogs had their injury concerns and of course we wish them well in their recoveries, but those injuries did not cost them the game nor should they dampen how we feel about the win. Make no mistake, this was a very big win for the St Kilda FC against a tough opponent, which should do wonders for our self belief. If we can bring that effort next week there's no reason we can't knock off the Kangas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i know you are referring to me and so does everyone else so i'll just address it. if you really think i took any enjoyment out of seeing two serious injuries then you are wrong, if you think i go into a game hoping opposition players end up injured then again you are wrong. if you think that then you probably believe my other post where i stated i'd set up a go fund me account for the awareness and prevention of all things western bulldogs, now do you really believe that (i know right, what a brilliant idea)? of course not, it's not going to happen...

its disappointing to see two young players go down like that. especially for someone like redpath who has done an ACL before

but lets be clear here. i was posting on my own teams board after a win in jest, i didnt go onto your board and start injury trolling, because that would be an assholish thing to do. team boards will always have a fair bit of tribalism on them and posts will be in poor taste, but i didnt force your supporters to come here and read it. going back to "assholish things to do", i wasnt the one on your board defaming another poster, you know the thing you guys were doing on your board that i was alerted to. yeap thats a prick of a thing to do, but you arent going to be up in arms about that... funny that. good to see our mods dont get involved in that crap, can you say the same thing? over here they're actually the mature more level headed ones...

so cut the crap. i'm sorry two of your players went down with injury. but that doesnt mean i have to like your club, its supporters or not take enjoyment out of the win. cause you know what, I BLOODY ENJOYED IT!!!! i cant wait for the next time we beat you, especially now that its obvious your supporters absolutely hate losing to us, more than any other side

so dont expect me not to enjoy the win because of some unfortunate injuries. just like i didnt expect adelaide supporters to be in morning when hugh goddard went down. just like i didnt expect it when goose mcguire broke his leg (significantly more serious than the one wallis suffered)

EDIT: so i did some searching and it turns out you've previously hoped hodge ends up injured/hurt. you're a hypocrit, then I did some more digging and suddenly the offended in your post makes sense:
Odd. I've always thought Billings had the dull, unrelenting, slack-jawed gaze of a simpleton.

It's interesting that they count four goals against a team of physically and mentally broken witches hats as indicative of a 'game winning knack' and ignore Bontempelli's multitude of match winning performances.

*Notices St Kilda have given away a 5 goal lead to the worst team in the league*
*Remembers their former coach is in charge of said worst team in the league*
*Grins, pours scotch*

Death, taxes and St Kilda fans going after Boyd as their club wallows (and revels) in it's own filth. I love that our resurgence eats them up so much.

... Fisher, Riewoldt etc.

Sooner or later they've got to cop some heat for it. They've been rebuilding for almost four years with the age profile of a perennial top four contender, and they haven't got a whole lot to show for it.

"eats them up so much" "havent got a lot to show for it"

geeze this win must really hit you where it hurts. the funny thing is it seems to eat you up more than anyone else on here and it seems all we have to show for it is beating your mob again.

ENJOY :D

Last edited:
i know you are referring to me and so does everyone else so i'll just address it. if you really think i took any enjoyment out of seeing two serious injuries then you are wrong, if you think i go into a game hoping opposition players end up injured then again you are wrong. if you think that then you probably believe my other post where i stated i'd set up a go fund me account for the awareness and prevention of all things western bulldogs, now do you really believe that (i know right, what a brilliant idea)? of course not, it's not going to happen...

its disappointing to see two young players go down like that. especially for someone like redpath who has done an ACL before

but lets be clear here. i was posting on my own teams board after a win in jest, i didnt go onto your board and start injury trolling, because that would be an assholish thing to do. team boards will always have a fair bit of tribalism on them and posts will be in poor taste, but i didnt force your supporters to come here and read it. going back to "assholish things to do", i wasnt the one on your board defaming another poster, you know the thing you guys were doing on your board that i was alerted to. yeap thats a prick of a thing to do, but you arent going to be up in arms about that... funny that. good to see our mods dont get involved in that crap, can you say the same thing? over here they're actually the mature more level headed ones...

so cut the crap. i'm sorry two of your players went down with injury. but that doesnt mean i have to like your club, its supporters or not take enjoyment out of the win. cause you know what, I BLOODY ENJOYED IT!!!! i cant wait for the next time we beat you, especially now that its obvious your supporters absolutely hate losing to us, more than any other side

so dont expect me not to enjoy the win because of some unfortunate injuries. just like i didnt expect adelaide supporters to be in morning when hugh goddard went down. just like i didnt expect it when goose mcguire broke his leg (significantly more serious than the one wallis suffered)

EDIT: so i did some searching and it turns out you've previously hoped hodge ends up injured/hurt. you're a hypocrit, then I did some more digging and suddenly the offended in your post makes sense:

geeze this win must really hit you where it hurts. the funny thing is it seems to eat you up more than anyone else on here and it seems all we have to show for it is beating your mob again.

That is some takedown

That's a pretty good post :p

This report dates from a few days ago ie before the game last night. Also it's from a notorious dodgy source so perhaps take with a pinch of salt... Nevertheless... there's a thread on the bigfooty rumours board that carries further rumours... interesting...

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl/new...ge-of-implosion-afl/uhqs24d1khvb177ywexlwq5ji

The Western Bulldogs are on the verge of having their most successful season ever, but there’s a lot of unhappiness and disharmony not far from the surface at the Kennel.

The problems with Tom Boyd’s value and behaviour are well known, the indulgences of coach Luke Beveridge away from the game are causing great concern to the board, and the club’s most marketable player, Jake Stringer, is about as well loved inside the playing group as the proverbial fart in a spacesuit.

And this week’s delisting of rookie ruckman Luke Goetz is about a whole lot more than “failing to find his feet”.

It’s been 62 years since their one flag success, but if they can’t make the most of their current good form there’s a good chance everything could implode at the Doggies before they get that elusive second premiership.

So me doing exactly the same as you in providing an opinion on a player is tiresome? Seems fair. Have fun.
Fair enough if you're a Longer fanboy but learn to pick your battles mate. This is def a year to lay low for Longerphiles. Hickey is just about AA and Billy is struggling at Sandy. And for what its worth IMO Longer won't be as good as Hickey as long as he has a hole in his bum.

The way you STILL hear Dogs fans booing Roo last night just shows the unique bitterness they have. It is pathetic really.
There were two fans sitting in front of me constantly bitching about him all game. Started with the usual calling for him to start crying and what a wasted career he'd had at the Saints. Then they started talking for a good five minutes about how over-rated he is and that he's only good at endurance running and only takes chest marks. Right as that conversation was happening he took a mark inside 50 and was lining up for goal and i called out "Carn Roo, break their hearts again!" Thank * he slotted it. They left half way through the 4th. Not sure what the point of this story was really but yeah they definitely aren't over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back