Review your 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 17, 2013
Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sheffield Wednesday
With one more week to go, how was your 2022?

Feels like the first year in a while that was generally much better than the last for most people?:

Good: Covid subsided, so became more outgoing, more confident, experienced and tried lots of new things (kayaking, caving, stand-up + many more,) finally found my social circle, got promoted at work, politics, kept good health overall.

Bad: Lost my grandmother

9.0/10 - not that it's a high bar to clear, but probably the best year I've had.

A lot of things broke for me this year - I won't name them all unless people care.

My spirit however has carried me through, and luckily my career has kept me going (mentally and financially). I also haven't had significant losses in terms of my social circle or family.

2/10

Still, bring on 2023 and I wish genuinely a merry Christmas and a happy New Year to everyone! :)

Good: Finally got the hang of being a parent (for now......as his needs will change). Health, family life is and business good. Developed a couple of things in hydrogen and batteries that have been adopted big name companies and government.

Bad: Exhausted but loving the festive period break

10/10 - but could have been a 5/10 if things didn't fall my way

Life is a young person's game. Each year getting older, means life gets incrementally worse. Now considered old, you're on the bench. People aren't interested in you for anything. You're just meant to shuffle off and die. Especially worse if you're unmarried and/or have no family (parents/siblings or your own spouse/kids).

driving mini cooper GIF by MINI USA

Life is a young person's game. Each year getting older, means life gets incrementally worse. Now considered old, you're on the bench. People aren't interested in you for anything. You're just meant to shuffle off and die. Especially worse if you're unmarried and/or have no family (parents/siblings or your own spouse/kids).
getting off social media really gets you out of the race. The desire to be like everyone else, to compete with everyone else, desire to share everything with people that don't give a s**t about you. Snap back to reality invest time in YOU. I'm now contempt with being alone (NOT LONELY) by changing the way I think about things. I'm starting to have more raw and natural conversations with people. No expectations, que sera sera.

Good: Got out of a bad relationship, had amateur sporting success, reconnected with friends, pay-rise at work, healthier/fitter than I've ever been

Bad: First break up, so it's been a little tough even though it was needed. Drinking maybe more piss than I'd like but hopefully that settles down into the start of next year.

Pretty bad in the main.

• My sister came and took my mum off to live with her ten hours drive away;
  • Had covid which took me about six weeks to fully recover from;
  • Had to have six weeks off on work cover for a situation that caused me a lot of stress and anxiety;
  • Essendon were s**t.

I really can't think of many highlights tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty bad in the main.

• My sister came and took my mum off to live with her ten hours drive away;
  • Had covid which took me about six weeks to fully recover from;
  • Had to have six weeks off on work cover for a situation that caused me a lot of stress and anxiety;
  • Essendon were s**t.

I really can't think of many highlights tbh.
Did it go fast? Did you reduce debt? Did you get a pay rise? Did you maintain your fitness? Didn't you do well in a comp you entered?

Did it go fast? Did you reduce debt? Did you get a pay rise? Did you maintain your fitness? Didn't you do well in a comp you entered?

It went really fast. Can't believe how quickly the last six months especially went.

I did 3 comps which I did pretty well in so I guess that was a highlight. Covid stopped me from competing in the nationals though so that was a downer.

Went quick
Survived
Some joy - a lot of disappointment and disheartenment
Have a lot on in 2023 - excited after getting through this year

It's always been fascinating to me how our perception of time distorts based on our environment.

First half of the year felt really slow for me - I was stimulated with lots of new environments/people.

Second half of the year fell into doing more routine stuff, so it felt quicker

5/10

Bad:
Continue to waste time on the Internet or video games. Not heaps as I only ever touch the stuff after 10pm, but with parenting that is almost the extent of my free time.

Work. Some not great things happened which I've come to terms with.

Family related stuff.

Good:
Able to drop a medication, and a second one that I took to deal with the side effects. Latent health issues stable, have been for some time.

Finished the year healthier as I've been for a while. Upped intensity + duration of exercise, closer eye on food and sloughed off a couple of kilos in the last month.

Prognosis: Not a great year but hopeful for next year.
Getting married. Relationship has improved on some issues.
Parenting arrangements will mean I have some more spare time which the aim is to be more productive. Restart learning guitar, resume art practice, some other hobbies I have in mind, online business. It's possible I might overcome the sensation of living an unproductive life, or satiate creative urges.
Scales say I don't have too much more to do to be a sub 80kg 5ft 11, but the mirror doesn't agree. People have noticed though. Have noticed it in my face a touch maybe. Lucky that I've lived a life that seems to prevent me from ballooning too much if I'm off the rails.

Not a great year but finished on an upward note.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back