Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Willy DeVille - It's So Easy

Love Mink Deville, Coup de Grace 1 of my favorite all time albums.

Willie DeVille taken way too young.

Love that Boz Scaggs does Mixed Up Shook Up Girl in his live set and has done a couple of Willie DeVille covers on his recent albums.

I have been in bands since i was 17 and I am now 53...
This is the latest band, Elbow Room. We recordered these song prior to Covid. I make the clips from various stuff i find on archive.org and you tube.
I wrote Unwind and Chasing Freedom. Gez wrote Chappery's Boy and Decaffeinated.
Gez - Guitars/Mandolin/vocals
Kris - Drums
Sean - Bass/backing Vocals

I have been in bands since i was 17 and I am now 53...
This is the latest band, Elbow Room. We recordered these song prior to Covid. I make the clips from various stuff i find on archive.org and you tube.
I wrote Unwind and Chasing Freedom. Gez wrote Chappery's Boy and Decaffeinated.
Gez - Guitars/Mandolin/vocals
Kris - Drums
Sean - Bass/backing Vocals

Loved this, thank you.

Re the footage of the Myer Music Bowl concert early in the clip, I was at that concert, it was my first ever concert, early-mid 1970s?, and Daddy Cool were playing. I was an overawed young teenager, and a bit frightened of the sharpies! But I didnt mind some of their music.

Loved this, thank you.

Re the footage of the Myer Music Bowl concert early in the clip, I was at that concert, it was my first ever concert, early-mid 1970s?, and Daddy Cool were playing. I was an overawed young teenager, and a bit frightened of the sharpies! But I didnt mind some of their music.
Wow what a first gig to go to! Glad ya like the songs! My first gig was early 1981 or 82 at Festival Hall 3XY under 18's arvo concerts... Wendy and the Rockets. The Divynyls and Split Enz for the cost of $3.50!!

Wow what a first gig to go to! Glad ya like the songs! My first gig was early 1981 or 82 at Festival Hall 3XY under 18's arvo concerts... Wendy and the Rockets. The Divynyls and Split Enz for the cost of $3.50!!

The Divinyls and Split Enz - not bad either!

My first gig. Queen at Festival Hall.
Dreadful, really bad, sound was s**t.
Was young, but never went back to Festival Hall.
Lena Lovich at the pub in Kew, Madness & UB40 all brilliant. Men at Work too (showing my age).
Chemical Brothers at O2 in London before lockdown - awesome.
Living in UK I long for live music, cannot wait.....

Really enjoyed your music! You guys must enjoy performing it. Fun clips. You guys are talented.

My first live concert was Bob Dylan at Festival Hall in 1966 when half the audience walked out after interval when his band came on to back him. I was 12 and had convinced my left wing father to take me. He hated it, partly not surprising given the very ordinary PA system which allowed Dylan's voice to be overshadowed by the instruments. It was formative for me. I love good singer songwriters and got into poetry as a teenager. Been to all but one of Dylan's Australian concerts since that first one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really enjoyed your music! You guys must enjoy performing it. Fun clips. You guys are talented.

My first live concert was Bob Dylan at Festival Hall in 1966 when half the audience walked out after interval when his band came on to back him. I was 12 and had convinced my left wing father to take me. He hated it, partly not surprising given the very ordinary PA system which allowed Dylan's voice to be overshadowed by the instruments. It was formative for me. I love good singer songwriters and got into poetry as a teenager. Been to all but one of Dylan's Australian concerts since that first one.
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah we have fun playing... helps to keep a person relatively sane!
Never got to see Bob. My favourite album of his is Highway 61 revisited.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you enjoyed it. Yeah we have fun playing... helps to keep a person relatively sane!
Never got to see Bob. My favourite album of his is Highway 61 revisited.
That album probably signalled his move into electric music and contains some absolute classics - Like a Rolling Stone (which he refused to shorten to turn into a single), Queen Jane Approximately, Desolation Row, Ballad of a Thin Man (the line 'You've read all of F Scott Fitzgerald's books got me reading his books 5 or 6 years later and perhaps explains my username - I had no idea who he was but figured he had to be a must read even if the song was kind of sneering at the 'you' of the song for reading them) etc. I agree with you. I think it is his best.

It's amazing how music can influence your life and interests - even shape you as a person.

Do you play any venues?

That album probably signalled his move into electric music and contains some absolute classics - Like a Rolling Stone (which he refused to shorten to turn into a single), Queen Jane Approximately, Desolation Row, Ballad of a Thin Man (the line 'You've read all of F Scott Fitzgerald's books got me reading his books 5 or 6 years later and perhaps explains my username - I had no idea who he was but figured he had to be a must read even if the song was kind of sneering at the 'you' of the song for reading them) etc. I agree with you. I think it is his best.

It's amazing how music can influence your life and interests - even shape you as a person.

Do you play any venues?
We just play around the Nillumbik area. Had as gig lined up in Belgrave pre Covid... just fell through due to Covid. We were also meant to play Saturday 29th May but Covid again. We have played 4 gigs this year though so we have been lucky

Imagine being Tracy Chapman here, scary stuff! 😲

She starts off very vulnerable but grows into the performance the longer it goes on.

Imagine being Tracy Chapman here, scary stuff! 😲

She starts off very vulnerable but grows into the performance the longer it goes on.

I always admire any performer who'll take on a crowd solo with just an acoustic guitar to hide behind.

While not on the same scale as Wembley Stadium, I remember seeing Passenger perform in 1 of the main marques at Bluesfest in Byron in 2013 or 2014. Had the crowd eating out of his hand by the end of his set. Remains 1 of the best shows I've seen there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back