Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect that is biased as well. Richmond basically plays in an unlimited stadium. If someone wants to go, they can. Essendon, WCE and to a lesser extent, Adelaide do not have that luxury. Plus WCE cant played Freo each year 6 times at a 100K stadium.
And you are talking about the biggest club in AUSTRALIA. Tas is in Australia. You cant just ignore stats if they don't suit you.
I thought this "we a big club" stuff would end once you actually had success on the field. But no, you(in particular) seems hell-bent on making up a bunch of magic rules which ends up with Richmond on top.

Don't forget Richmond have the record attendances for AFL games in Tasmanina, at Bellerive and York Park (playing North and the Hawks)

Don't forget Richmond have the record attendances for AFL games in Tasmanina, at Bellerive and York Park (playing North and the Hawks)
I was talking about someone discounting Hawthorns membership only because they have so many memberships in Tas. see below.
Even memberships are not an ideal measure, as the hawks memberships are inflated due to playing in Tassie.

How many times have Essendon actually had a lock out? They play all their potential lock outs at the MCG.
If Richmond played at Etihad this year, then your 50K+ crowd v Sydney at the G would only be 42Kish at Eithad because of the stadium arrangement.

once you reach 40K+ at Eithad, it becomes a lot harder to sell or fill the capacity due to memberships, lack of good seating etc etc. Same goes to WCE and Adelaide. It is why I think using "bums on seats" as the only measurement is flawed.

I was talking about someone discounting Hawthorns membership only because they have so many memberships in Tas. see below.

If Richmond played at Etihad this year, then your 50K+ crowd v Sydney at the G would only be 42Kish at Eithad because of the stadium arrangement.

once you reach 40K+ at Eithad, it becomes a lot harder to sell or fill the capacity due to memberships, lack of good seating etc etc. Same goes to WCE and Adelaide. It is why I think using "bums on seats" as the only measurement is flawed.
It would be less at Etihad because we hate going there too.

Essendon can't complain really. It was their choice to go there 100%.

Richmond comfortably have the most supporters in Tassie of any afl club
when a team plays down here for 18 years, has a history of Tassie players(not as great as the Saints or Richmond but still very solid) and then wins 4 flags; that is going to have a massive impact on the younger generation.

personally, who knows who are the biggest down here. Its tough enough finding the most supported club in Australia.

personally, who knows who are the biggest down here. Its tough enough finding the most supported club in Australia.

When I was a kid, if you assembled any group of 20 kids, the most supported clubs would always be North Melbourne, St Kilda or Essendon. It seems like every second person under the age of 18 goes for the Hawks now though, so I don't doubt that they're in front.

It was but their fans didn’t. And it draws less than the g & has restricted capacity.
Essendon has the second larger support base in the mcc members behind the demons

When I was a kid, if you assembled any group of 20 kids, the most supported clubs would always be North Melbourne, St Kilda or Essendon. It seems like every second person under the age of 18 goes for the Hawks now though, so I don't doubt that they're in front.
it's tough to gauge correctly just using our own personal experiences. but you aren't the first person who has said that on this site.

Come on bloke, tassie has always been a stronghold of the Tigers

put your hatred aside and accept reality. its tiger land . especially the older folk

Come on bloke, tassie has always been a stronghold of the Tigers

put your hatred aside and accept reality. its tiger land . especially the older folk

Not in my experience. I'd bet Hawthorn are the most supported team here, by a fair bit. Then again, I am Northern. Tassie doesn't seem to follow Melbourne in regards to team size, because I'd say North, Bulldogs and Saints would all have more supporters here than the Demons. Similarly, I'd say that Essendon would have more supporters here than Collingwood or the Tigers, where that's not at all true in Melbourne.

That's all anecdotal of course, but I'd be very surprised if Hawthorn didn't dominate supporter figures here.

It's uh, it's actually probably West Coast. Their actual net football revenue (the revenue from membership, gate, sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise, minus the costs of getting that revenue) even with a stadium capacity constraint, is well ahead of anyone else.

Last edited:

Separate issue. If Richmond played out of Ethihad this Year Essendon would’ve been the highest drawing club Home and away aggregate for the Year despite the lower finish. This Year its in track for 73-75K members as an Ethihad based club. Now thats in line with Richmond this Year, before their flag.

A flag and more games at the G would see Essendon surpass Richmond in Evert mentric.

Separate issue. If Richmond played out of Ethihad this Year Essendon would’ve been the highest drawing club Home and away aggregate for the Year despite the lower finish. This Year its in track for 73-75K members as an Ethihad based club. Now thats in line with Richmond this Year, before their flag.

A flag and more games at the G would see Essendon surpass Richmond in Evert mentric.
and if we win another flag or 2 with this group and essendon win none we will be the clear biggest club in the comp.
historically essendon are a smaller club than Richmond

you were lucky enough to win 2 afl flags and expand your supporter base while we stunk it up for 35 or so years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you see, i dont even read AT, I just click <like> just like Bill Shorten agreeing with Julia even though he never heard Julia, but... the real story is not his aural faculty, the guy was dijking AG Q Bryce's dorta[sic]

It's uh, it's actually probably West Coast. Their actual net football revenue (the revenue from membership, gate, sponsorship, corporate hospitality, merchandise, minus the costs of getting that revenue) even with a stadium capacity constraint, is well ahead of anyone else.
depends on one's algorithm, and if we divide it by teams in the topical geographies and markets, and the heat came off the development phase in mining when peppermint grove was more expensive than toorak and now it is mere milquetoast spearmint

Uh you had on average 200 people more then Essendon at your H&A games.

And only 900 less then Collingwood who finished 13th. Yep Richmond are so far ahead of Collingwood and Essendon it ain’t funny. Again in Collingwood’s premiership year we averaged about 9,000 per game then the next club which was Essendon who finished 8th.

If all things are equal the Collingwood are the biggest drawing club in the AFL then 2nd Essendon and 3rd Richmond.

If Essendon played 9 home games as the MCG they would of drawn 1.1 million through the gates this year.

If Collingwood made the finials we would of drawn 1.2 million. Until Richmond can achieve this then they are not bigger the Collingwood and Essendon.

And only 900 less then Collingwood who finished 13th. Yep Richmond are so far ahead of Collingwood and Essendon it ain’t funny. Again in Collingwood’s premiership year we averaged about 9,000 per game then the next club which was Essendon who finished 8th.

If all things are equal the Collingwood are the biggest drawing club in the AFL then 2nd Essendon and 3rd Richmond.

If Essendon played 9 home games as the MCG they would of drawn 1.1 million through the gates this year.

If Collingwood made the finials we would of drawn 1.2 million. Until Richmond can achieve this then they are not bigger the Collingwood and Essendon.
You are not factoring in 37 years of non competitiveness. If Essendon or Collingwood had such a record who knows how badly they'd be doing at pulling in crowds. Those teams have had regular finals appearances in the last 37 years.

Just give us a few years of good finals performances and we'd be the equal of Essendon and would be challenging Collingwood.

You are not factoring in 37 years of non competitiveness. If Essendon or Collingwood had such a record who knows how badly they'd be doing at pulling in crowds. Those teams have had regular finals appearances in the last 37 years.

Just give us a few years of good finals performances and we'd be the equal of Essendon and would be challenging Collingwood.
we should be in strategic position to claim an anchor marque like samsung

Pies broke a 20 year drought in 2010 and the following year their membership went from 57.6 k to 71.2k, predictable after a flag and we will no doubt do similar, but after climbing and peaking for 2 consecutive years at 80k they are now back to 75.8k (2017)

So the "biggest club" in the land has only increased membership by a paltry 4.6k since post flag 2011?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...s/news-story/6f52049e5262aeadf24a8f18213ba6b6

with 1 in 10 members of AFL clubs being Richmond members, it is quite clear that this prophetic comment of the OP has come true.

Richmond are now clearly the biggest by far
Congrats. I am so happy for you. I got a trophy for you to come and collect as a reward for this fantastic achievement

Hopefully, it's not too wet and cold when you come to collect it. Otherwise, you will just never turn up.

Congrats. I am so happy for you. I got a trophy for you to come and collect as a reward for this fantastic achievement

Hopefully, it's not too wet and cold when you come to collect it. Otherwise, you will just never turn up.

I tell you what, if it is wet and rainy I can guarantee you one thing.

More of my tribe ( the tiger army ) will turn up than yours.

That is a fact !

I tell you what, if it is wet and rainy I can guarantee you one thing.

More of my tribe ( the tiger army ) will turn up than yours.

That is a fact !

2002 Anzac Day 84,834 fans turn up and it was raining the whole match. Collingwood and Essendon supporters unlike Richmond supporters will turn up in mass to watch their team play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back