Game Day Richmond v Western Bulldogs, Round 4 - Saturday 8th April 4:35pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umps were ****ed and not just with us.

But a 5 point loss is better than I was expecting. We are really bloody missing Shorty. Broadly would've been handy also.

I still reckon our future looks brighter than it did when Cotch, Martin, JR8 and Co were coming up so I'm not panicking. Might be a few frustrating losses to come but we'll have a better and more rounded team than we did during our recent premiership years.

I wouldn't mind paying Shorty a few extra coins this season to take on a role as kicking coach though. Balta ballsed up a number tonight and Taranto has always needed correction.

Blame umps all you want but we got smashed in the middle

Macrae 50m penalty that was made up .. goal. JUH soft in back free followed by Naughton even softer in back free goal. Free against Vlastuin that wasn’t there…. Goal. Baker limited prior pinned for HTB …. goal. And one other dubious free kick that wasn’t there for a goal also. That’s 5 of their 12 goals from frees. I might be wrong but I’m not sure we got a single goal from a free or 50m?

We didn’t play the best, but you can often get away with a win when given a half decent go from the umpires - it’s almost impossible to win an evenly matched game when the oppo is gifted 4-5 goals from soft or non-existent frees.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

im still angry about that vlaustin free against
Watch SEN hide it under the carpet.
The CFL do not want Richmond to win another flag.
The selection of those umpires proved it.
A rort league.

We miss short and broady, our backline is shizen without them.
Agree we miss them but our backline has been the only shining light this season so far,
This game was lost in the midfield,
English destroyed nank, libba and bont totally owned our mids, they were plus 18 in clearances and plus 17 inside 50s,
I’m not putting any blame on our defenders they kept us in it.

Disappointing loss but the loss really boils down to the Dogs played the wet much better than we did. When it dried up in the 2nd qtr we were unplayable, when the heavens opened up again it took us a quarter to adjust.

I'm sure the mids wouldn't be happy about having their colours lowered by the Bulldogs mids. Except for that 2nd qtr we were blown away, especially at center clearance which is so key in the modern game.

Next week becomes massive now, Swans will go in as favourite and I don't think any Tigers fan will be feeling confident. If we slip to 1-1-3 heading into Melbourne, pressure will build. Even though I'd still be confident of us winning our next few post Dees and leveling up the ledger before we launch into the 2nd half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the end of so many close losses. The players clearly no longer believe in Dimma. It seems like the playing group has lost all respect for him, since the affair. It explains why we have declined so quickly
F OFF YOU CLOWN WE LITERALLY WON A FLAG WHEN ALL THAT WAS HAPPENING.

I am sick of this bullshit call every year. Have a look at the end of the game the players were gutted and look at training videos they love dimma and he backs them even when the media hounds our players.

and i'm so sick of all the posters that say umps don't influence games and berate any posters that bring up the disgraceful quality of the amateur umpires in afl
This - and effing this.

Couldn’t stomach Buck’s commentary and justifying the indefensible. Go against City Hall at your career peril.

Read the Boys Club. Lays it out perfectly. This game is manipulated within an inch of its life - and if you don’t think “desired results” matter when your biggest sponsors are betting agencies then you are in La La land.

There were decisions tonight that defy belief. Balta tunnelled but free against just madness. Can handle being beaten by a better side - but this is just rubbish.

We used to be a great wet whether team it's no excuse we are playing terrible but jeez some selections have not been good by Hardwick... JR should've played he is good in the wet. why was Ryan out their ye? get games into him but to it when it's bloody dry JR being managed this week didn't make sense.

If your being rested after 3 rounds you would think he would be missing a few more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Ross must be seriously scratching his head.

To many excuses here umpires this and that blind freddy can see we're struggling skills poor , disposal pressure is missing match committee all over the place resting players in rd 4 lol if there not good enough to play on from rd 4 they should have retired and get fresh blood on the list we gave away 4 first rd picks for 2 players we thought we're going to get us a flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back