News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

I have to say i agree with you about the fine.

If I were either of these guys, I would want an ironclad assurance from the club that I will be on the list next year before I paid up. Otherwise better to just keep your 75 grand and walk out the door.
No way they are paying it in my opinion. They aren’t a business or star players, no chance they can afford it nor should they. Unless they’ve signed something extra and even then I recon it would be dodgy from a workplace law point of view.

I have to say i agree with you about the fine.

If I were either of these guys, I would want an ironclad assurance from the club that I will be on the list next year before I paid up. If your place on the list is not safe, you risk paying up the money and still being shown the door.

I also think the way the AFL has tackled this is dead wrong. Sure suspend the players for a lengthy whack but they need to impose penalties which get club management and senior players to buy in and keep an eye on their teammates, and make people shitscared not just of getting caught but of letting their teammates down. If they docked 4 premiership points or draft picks, you would have coaches and senior players patrolling the hotel corridors with nightsticks.

The good news is that the AFLPA agrees that it is absurd and has already come out and told the Tigers to get stuffed.

I just saw the footage and the players were attacked. CCJ and Stack were just sitting outside a Kebabk Shop when a bloke just came up and punch CCJ twice. He didn't fight back. Stack did once CCJ was knocked to the ground.

No they were idots for going out to the Strippers and putting themselves in this situation in the first place and deserve to be punished but 10 week suspension is a bit over the top for mine given they were just defending themselves. I appreciate the AFL are eager to keep the Queensland Government happy but wouldn't just being sent home and fining the club for $25k be more suitable? What did Sidebottom get for being half naked & unconscious in the street again?

It's got nothing to do with the fight and they're lucky it was only a fight.

If they picked up COVID and brought it back to the hub, it goes through the club and the whole AFL season is over.

It just happens that their escapade blew up in their face a different way.

Had they brought back COVID to the hub they would have been sacked.

It's time to cut the cancer out and send Richmond home. The AFL has a need in 2020 and no doubt 2021 to have a freely open Queensland to play games and Richmond has sh$t in the AFL bed. Why did Richmond not monitor those more liable to cause grief (all clubs have them). This is up there with Essendon's alleged vitamin supplement program.

What is the excuse the players are running with? Out looking for Mcintoshs dog who broke out of the compound and stopped for a bite to eat? Decided to go for a chemist warehouse run for Cotchins missus and got lost?

I just saw the footage and the players were attacked. CCJ and Stack were just sitting outside a Kebabk Shop when a bloke just came up and punch CCJ twice. He didn't fight back. Stack did once CCJ was knocked to the ground.

No they were idots for going out to the Strippers and putting themselves in this situation in the first place and deserve to be punished but 10 week suspension is a bit over the top for mine given they were just defending themselves. I appreciate the AFL are eager to keep the Queensland Government happy but wouldn't just being sent home and fining the club for $25k be more suitable? What did Sidebottom get for being half naked & unconscious in the street again?
Which part of the rules were clarified after the last Richmond incident is in doubt? How about they go for a third effort and see if the government kicks them out of the state.

No way they are paying it in my opinion. They aren’t a business or star players, no chance they can afford it nor should they. Unless they’ve signed something extra and even then I recon it would be dodgy from a workplace law point of view.
They are lucky they are still employed. There would be a ‘disrepute’ clause in every contract. The NRL fire players every year.

It's time to cut the cancer out and send Richmond home. The AFL has a need in 2020 and no doubt 2021 to have a freely open Queensland to play games and Richmond has sh$t in the AFL bed. Why did Richmond not monitor those more liable to cause grief (all clubs have them). This is up there with Essendon's alleged vitamin supplement program.

Robbo? Is that you? Only a few weeks now and the Doggies will be heading back to Victoria regardless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a hard one

I was all for the players coping the whole fine without thinking it through when the news broke.

But that's way too severe for their pay grade.

Nor should the club cop the whole fine if they actively counselled everyone on protocols.

Next year's soft cap means a non player is sacked.

20% of pay cut and hard labour for a year on weekends.

No easy solution to this. But the next step for any club transgression is premiership points and loss of 1st round pick next year.

You're right to be upset. We sent Cholly into the Eagles' nest to pass on some rotten culture. Next thing you know, your team will be running on African time and miss the start of the game.

m787ETG.jpg

how did I miss this ?

looks good in the royal blue;)

They are lucky they are still employed. There would be a ‘disrepute’ clause in every contract. The NRL fire players every year.
They haven’t been charged with disrepute. There would also be maximums, 37.5k could be 25-40% of their wage.

The fine is massive because it’s their second breach, the Cotchins and Richmond coaches/management are also partly to blame here. The club can afford it.

Given the fines and bans have been formalised I somewhat doubt it. Just goes to show how good your judgement is.

Also the implication that Stack, an indigenous man, would claim vilification to ‘lessen the blow’ (note the spelling) is pretty pathetic on your behalf. Racial vilification is an issue in society and has entrenched disadvantage for generations. Maybe try and educate yourself about it as opposed to spouting your ill-informed generalisations about indigenous Australians.
Well thank you spelling lesson, but say what you will, but I think a few use it as an escuse when in trouble.

With respect, I don't think you grasp the seriousness of this situation.

How did you guess I was Robbo - was it the man boobs? The AFL should have sent Bucks back as well along with a few others and all need to remember that this is a multi million dollar gamble affecting thousands of staff and players and the AFL are just hoping that they will be COIVD free and that the Queensland Government will continue to support Australian sport with multiple infractions. The backlash to Gil and his 14 day "self-isolation" has not worked in the AFL's favour.

I love my Australian Rules, and having the football on at home on Free to air in Victoria especially cannot be underestimated for mental health. if this had been the Bulldogs with the chequed history, then I would have the same position.

The AFL are playing Russian Roulette and the odds don't favour a great outcome.

Well thank you spelling lesson, but say what you will, but I think a few use it as an escuse when in trouble.
If the only lesson you’re taking there is spelling I honestly feel sorry for you. And I will say what I will. Your initial statement deserves to be called out.

For clarity ‘a few’ refers to whom? I’m assuming it’s a reference to indigenous Australians. That you immediately generalise that because an indigenous Australian is in trouble for doing the wrong thing, they’ll invent a racial vilification issue is concerning. You should spend some time educating yourself in respect of the issues that indigenous Australians face in everyday life that are subsequently entrenched by the views of people like you coming on here and posting rubbish.

I won’t waste more time addressing you here.

Yeah police only ever punish the guilty lol how old are you?

Yeah police just hand out fines to innocent people minding their own business eating a kebab. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back