Rioli injury

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not disputing what you know mate - but I always find it weird when people insinuate that Cyril will play in Perth or Brisbane next year and tend to link it to closeness to Darwin. Darwin is almost the exact same time away from Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne in terms of flights.

Not doubting that Cyril may end up not playing for the Hawks next year - but if he wants to be 'closer' to family then he'll be playing for St Marys I would have thought - not West Coast or Brisbane.

RnL didnt link it to location. He linked it to Fages.

No doubt the club would be disappointed albeit supportive. Same as us fans.

RnL didnt link it to location. He linked it to Fages.

No doubt the club would be disappointed albeit supportive. Same as us fans.

I read the Fages part. However one would have to assume he is also close to Clarko as well as Rough and Silk. I have heard the Brisbane talk come up previously also and it be linked to location and Darwin. I am just constantly bemused by this because Brisbane and Perth aren't any closer to Darwin.

Not disputing what you know mate - but I always find it weird when people insinuate that Cyril will play in Perth or Brisbane next year and tend to link it to closeness to Darwin. Darwin is almost the exact same time away from Perth, Brisbane and Melbourne in terms of flights.

Not doubting that Cyril may end up not playing for the Hawks next year - but if he wants to be 'closer' to family then he'll be playing for St Marys I would have thought - not West Coast or Brisbane.

Yep, but St Mary's can't give us a pick at the National draft in returns, so I'm hoping should it eventuate that Cyril ends up at the Lions with Hodgey and Fages.
As I've so sanguinely opined before:p, our return up the ladder into serious contention will not be based on the performances of the old crew but upon the strength of talent and development of the new young brigade. If GW has chosen wisely and the kids both accept the coaching and have the want to to get really good, they'll take the gold minted champions along for one last ride.
If not, it's a 3-5 year rebuild at minimum and the champs will play on with ever decreasing puff and enjoyment of the hard yakka.

I personally would take pick 2-5 into the 2018 draft and wish the special one a wonderful next stage of life.
I actually think it would serve both parties in the end and we can continue to search through the list to find out where the holes are and where the unexpected gold lies.

Yep, but St Mary's can't give us a pick at the National draft in returns, so I'm hoping should it eventuate that Cyril ends up at the Lions with Hodgey and Fages.
As I've so sanguinely opined before:p, our return up the ladder into serious contention will not be based on the performances of the old crew but upon the strength of talent and development of the new young brigade. If GW has chosen wisely and the kids both accept the coaching and have the want to to get really good, they'll take the gold minted champions along for one last ride.
If not, it's a 3-5 year rebuild at minimum and the champs will play on with ever decreasing puff and enjoyment of the hard yakka.

I personally would take pick 2-5 into the 2018 draft and wish the special one a wonderful next stage of life.
I actually think it would serve both parties in the end and we can continue to search through the list to find out where the holes are and where the unexpected gold lies.

I would drive Cyril to Brisbane myself if it meant getting a look at a top 5 pick in this years draft but that aint happening :)

I would drive Cyril to Brisbane myself if it meant getting a look at a top 5 pick in this years draft but that aint happening :)
Via the Tiwi Islands haha.

But I hope a) he and his family are okay and b) he comes back and has another 3 great years at the Hawks. When Cyril and Buddy were playing together I used to go to the footy and just laugh at what they did. We have been blessed to watch such amazing football and I hope we get a little more

Time will tell I guess. Let’s hope he plays a few games before the end of the year.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can't see it. Every week he is away seems to require two weeks of conditioning when back.

Expect he has drawn a line through 2018 and the club will require him to make a decision about his playing future before the first list lodgement activity in October/November...

Sadly, I don't think he will play again for us.

Rioli’s current issues are all to do with his Mrs, he could be back within a week or could never play for us again.

Not helping him either is his strong bond with Fages. Don’t be surprised if he plays his Footy in Brisbane next year.

Fair to say Fages was a very popular person at the Club.

Although the Club is very supportive of Cyril & his Family, as they always have been. There’s also a small element of disappointment at the timing & abruptness of Cyril’s latest ‘homesickness’ coinciding with Burgoyne’s pending 350th as well as the Club feeling a real surge up the ladder was a possibility considering our ‘kind’ draw.

While I don''t dispute your post per se, I am keen to know how you acquired such information given that only a handful of people at the club are aware of Cyril's current circumstances...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rioli’s current issues are all to do with his Mrs, he could be back within a week or could never play for us again.

Not helping him either is his strong bond with Fages. Don’t be surprised if he plays his Footy in Brisbane next year.

Fair to say Fages was a very popular person at the Club.

Although the Club is very supportive of Cyril & his Family, as they always have been. There’s also a small element of disappointment at the timing & abruptness of Cyril’s latest ‘homesickness’ coinciding with Burgoyne’s pending 350th as well as the Club feeling a real surge up the ladder was a possibility considering our ‘kind’ draw.

Is this based on just what you’ve read and put together (FWIW I have similar thoughts), or based on some inside info?

Is this based on just what you’ve read and put together (FWIW I have similar thoughts), or based on some inside info?

I suggest 'inside info' would mean one of; Reeves and or Silvers, Burt, Wright, Clarkson, Carroll and or Roughead has leaked this which although possible is highly unlikely...

My loyalty is to Hawthorn, not Rioli. The club always comes first, and the club is always bigger than the individual. Players come and go, the club is forever.

Ironically I suggested we trade him right after the 2016 season. Naturally some of the "wise heads" on this board scoffed at the idea, but in hindsight it was at the height of his value and would've set us up with two top 10 picks - for a player who's hardly played since and typically underwhelmed when he has.

My loyalty is to Hawthorn, not Rioli. The club always comes first, and the club is always bigger than the individual. Players come and go, the club is forever.

Ironically I suggested we trade him right after the 2016 season. Naturally some of the "wise heads" on this board scoffed at the idea, but in hindsight it was at the height of his value and would've set us up with two top 10 picks - for a player who's hardly played since and typically underwhelmed when he has.
What are tonight’s lotto numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back