Preview Rnd 10 - Carlton v Hawks Sat May 22 at 1.45 at MCG - Team Post #357

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a ride this season has been for us, I know largely disappointing. However the best is yet to come I believe. Today should be a resounding victory for us, the players should have a little extra motivation knowing they are playing the Dorks. Time to start evening up the ledger against them and I will not be happy with a narrow victory either, we really should be beating this rabble by 5 goals plus.
Hoping that all our player's get through unscathed today, (Cuners going down last week may have affected us more than we thought). Would love to see Stocks have a good one in the midfield, he is building nicely and he does posses a bit of mongrel. Jack kicking straight and making the most of his opportunities would be good to see. Matty Cottrell needs a good game, he is certainly covering the ground, just needs to pick up a few more possies and use it well. Be nice to see Zac have some impact off halfback and create some plays with dare and dash. Blues by 31.

Agree he shouldn't have posted that...
But, Geez the world is so precious now, the post wasn't racist or sexist (unless he identifies as a potato)..

Also anyone that hasn't thought, FFS Plowman or towards any other player.. Would be absolutely lying...

Nah that rubbish is not on.

Maybe I'm showing my age but for me if you wear a navy jumper then you have my support. And if you manage 100 games for us then that should be celebrated.

View attachment 1133720
Great stuff fish! Abuse directed at players on social media is gross.

Well done to Plow. Plays his role every week.

Edit: that was on the Carlton instagram post about plows 100th.
Help an old guy out. What does 3 potatoes mean? I figure it must be an insult but you're “3 potatoes” is... well I don’t know...

Whether it's one potato or three potatoes, it's saying the person is a "spud" which is another way of saying the player is a dud.
Gee, not nice but getting sensitive are we not? If that’s the worst they’ve got... my so called mates call me worse on a golf course every time we play, oh but to be called a spud! And or do as I do and avoid social media.

Gee, not nice but getting sensitive are we not? If that’s the worst they’ve got... my so called mates call me worse on a golf course every time we play, oh but to be called a spud! And or do as I do and avoid social media.

it’s good that the boys band together. Agree it’s not the worst thing said but it was not an aggressive reaction either. Keep the “spud” calls to places like BF where hopefully the players do not venture to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that for real ? Has it actually ever happened ? Very rare anyway . Sometimes get the feeling they would actually be better off kicking daisy cutters into the forward 50 .
Ha! I left the NOT out..absolute reverse of what I was trying to say. What I menat to say was that I cannot believe the coaches wouldn't insist that players lower their eyes. We are the worst in the league for bombing it long to a 1 on 2 or outnumbered contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back