AFL Autopsy RND 3: Done by the Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought we looked better with Phillips and Draper playing

I think Phillips gave an important out down the line on a few occasions when Melbourne had shut down the other options. We looked a bit better structurally. Francis has struggled to take a mark and isn't the same presence up the ground. I wonder if a two ruck team would be effective against other opposition.

Disappointed but not shattered. The Cats game was a debacle, at least we've been comparative in the last 2 games.

No doubt we've got some dead wood, but keep ir in perspective ffs. We will get better with more experience into the younger guys.

Phillips was good, dare I say it, better than Draper. Stringer starting to get into it. Wright is nowhere near as bad as some suggest, just need to move the ball with more precision.

Skill errors and turnovers killed us tonight, not intent. GO DONS!!!
agree, Phillips was better than Draper

I was enthused by the bombers effort.
durham, Martin, Caldwell, tex all show something
heppell and ham playing is bewildering to me
i have been a big fan of red man but he is devoid of confidence
i thought we looked better with Phillips and Draper playing
i can’t wear rutten at all.
why is it ok to tag Petra a with McGrath this week but not put him on Neale last week
another unpopular opinion is we are a more balanced midfield without Zac merrett
i reckon his contract is a millstone around our neck
we were one less undersized mid and able to play a defensive minded mid and looked better for it
in a heartbeat you would lose Zac merrett for a Josh dunkley type midfielder
i thought the boys had a real dip tonight and I enjoyed watching their efforts
It's good enough for me that Truck learned from last week and conceded. I like that he obviously challenged McGrath to be that player and that McGrath responded.

McGrath needs to stay in the midfield. He was playing his role there well and we got off to a run because of it.

Tex is an X-factor and is raw, reckon Tippa's presence will be a good guide for him in due time.

We kinda did well having Phillips in for the taps but he still butchers it a bit. Could be cobwebs.

All in all I think we did well to be in it for so long, just the usuals letting us down and we need to uphold the importance of accountability and earning a spot.

Shiel great in 2nd half

But why can’t he do that every qrt every week ?

Anyway…once again we get slaughtered around the packs losing the ground ball contest when it matters most

Just not aggressive enough

But a good effort considering there’s potatoes running around for us

Hepp is fried

Some positives
I'm watching the Showdown. If I am really pissed after a loss, footy can get f’ed for a day or so 😅

Effort much better these last 2 weeks.
Hope crows win, we will destroy them next week if tthey do

Only disappointed in the sense that having got so close we blew our chances. Overall a pleasing effort. As usual skull errors at crucial moments hurt us. Even with our existing list we can put out a side with better personnel so in theory happier days ahead. Redman out of form and confidence so think he's the first to go. Francis comes in, even though not exactly like for like he probably doesn't lose much pace wise to Redders who has only one gear and at least Franga can mark and kick. I like Guelfi but not sure where to put him. Love his aggression but his disposal let's him down like so many of his team mates. But having him forward wastes too many of our scoring chances. Badly need Snelling up there . Such a pity Hind also seems to have lost his way, means we can't make too many changes at half back.
We have 3 very winnable games to come. How we perform there will tell much more about our season than an 0-3 start against top 6 sides.

Parish has horrendous disposal. Against Geelong he continually missed simple targets by hand and foot. Similarly against Brisbane. Same again tonight. He may get it a few times, but is an absolute liability with ball in hand.

Parish has horrendous disposal. Against Geelong he continually missed simple targets by hand and foot. Similarly against Brisbane. Same again tonight. He may get it a few times, but is an absolute liability with ball in hand.
Parish was tagged, Gawn was talking about it afterwards. We tagged Petracca, they tagged Parish, and Stringer and Oliver got off the chain

we were absolutely woeful, and at no point did we really look like a real threat at all. we don’t run, lead or chase. We get out bodied all the time and most of our positive ball movement was a result of a Demon’s mistake or a lucky bounce. the scoreboard flattered us enormously.

Also our kick ins from a behind seem to have bo plan at all beyond kicking long to a teammate waving their hand above their head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good enough for me that Truck learned from last week and conceded. I like that he obviously challenged McGrath to be that player and that McGrath responded.
You have low expectations
he is also a hypocrite as he said at his press conference last week that tagging wasn’t an option
he looks like Matt knights to me- unsure and ineffective with no clear game plan
alastair Clarkson anyone?

I think Phillips gave an important out down the line on a few occasions when Melbourne had shut down the other options. We looked a bit better structurally. Francis has struggled to take a mark and isn't the same presence up the ground. I wonder if a two ruck team would be effective against other opposition.
It works if it means wright stays permanent forward

Good signs in this game as well as last week, midfield ascendency in patches and 2MP has shown his value again.

I don’t think T8 is a write off, you’ve played the three teams that are still good from the top four last year. Honestly, a stupid fixture that puts so much pressure on your club IMO.

You have low expectations
he is also a hypocrite as he said at his press conference last week that tagging wasn’t an option
he looks like Matt knights to me- unsure and ineffective with no clear game plan
alastair Clarkson anyone?
Clarkson wouldn’t get any different a response from this group.

But this sort of a response, he damn if he does and damned if he doesn’t in your eyes.

Don't know how to feel
was expecting a loss, but yea feel like even though we got close a few times we were never really in it. We just don't have the players to really trouble the top teams. Not like many years ago when we were inconsistent but on our day we had the weapons to beat the top teams.

Good signs in this game as well as last week, midfield ascendency in patches and 2MP has shown his value again.

I don’t think T8 is a write off, you’ve played the three teams that are still good from the top four last year. Honestly, a stupid fixture that puts so much pressure on your club IMO.
Too soon. We’re busy being miserable, come back tomorrow

What was wrong with perkins tonight?
I was only watching the game on tv but they said on the radio he was lining up at CHF. Pretty hard for a 19yo medium sized player to do well in that position. Especially playing on bigger bodies like Tomlinson and with our delivery inside 50.
Thought he was good in the 4th qtr (and he is harder to spot without the long hair 😉)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back