Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Collingwood Friday May 1st 7.50pm @ MCG - Team post #528

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
carlvcollpreview.png

Match Details
Head to Head
  • Played - 249
  • Carlton - 125, Collingwood 120, drawn 4
Last 5 times

• 2014, Round 15 - Collingwood 13.13.91 d Carlton 11.10.76
  • 2014, Round 7 - Collingwood 14.20.140 d Carlton 10.10.70
  • 2013, Round 15 - Collingwood 17.16.118 d Carlton 12.5.77
  • 2013, Round 2 - Collingwood 17.15.117 d Carlton 15.10.100
  • 2012, Round 15 - Carlton 12.13.85 d Collingwood 8.14.62
2014 Highlights

Lineups

TBA

Match Overview

With the Blues coming off a big win in Wellington over the Saints, and the Pies coming off a victory on ANZAC Day, what could have been a dreary Friday night match has at least got some life pumped back into it, as the Blues chase their second win of the season at the mighty MCG.

More to come.

If the following are fit and good to go, we'll give it a good shake...

Judd, Menzel, Jaksch and I have a feeling that Smith may get a SUB call-up.....

I don't care for the outs but just need to get that team balance right.
Will be tough for Whiley to get up being that he pulled up sore after a training session.
Take a chance on Sheehan if he's ready???? Probably not yet.

IN: Judd Jaksch Bobblehead (Watson)
OUT: Dick Rowe/Casboult/Jones (2 of those 3)

Love Menzel but thought his form in the first 2 games was pretty poor.....Well he had a lot of mates as well I guess. So maybe a game at Sandy this week will just give him the nudge he needs. I am sure if he is fit he will come straight in though.

At this early stage:
Ins: Watson, Judd, Jaksch & Whiley
Outs: Jones, Dick, Rowe, Curnow

Judd if fit is obviously a certainty - Dick the obvious out - did nothing wrong but last in and no credits

Jaksch - not sure if he played in the magoos or not but I would give him a crack based on preseason form and remove Rowe who has looked all at sea (most would however with our ability to turn the ball over and leave the middle open at the same time)

Watson - 3 goals in the wet for a big fellow is a good effort, I thought Jones should be given 5 or 6 games to let him have a crack - not sure we should carry 2 KPFs who can't kick though so Jones should work it out it out in the twos - but if Watson does get a chance - he should get 4 or 5 games

Whiley - I though he probably deserved his spot this week but he has to replace a similar player - none of us want an inside midfielder replacing an outside runner - well I don't - we seem to have enough clearances we need runners - based on that its either Curnow or Carrazo - tough I would say no at the G with 90k for another debutant - we have plenty of guys with less than 50 games - another week in the magoos

Tend to think the only other guys we would want in when fit are:
Kreuzer, Daisy, Byrne, Sheehan, Menzel and Yarran

Guys that should be given some game time include for development/retention decision making:
Graham, Smith, DVR and ....

Question: why was Whiley withdrawn - was it a Customs issue?

IN - Jaksch, Judd, Menzel, Tutt, Watson

OUT - Ellard (Injured/Omitted), Jamison (Omitted), Rowe (Omitted), Dick (Omitted), Jones (Omitted)

FB - Tuohy, Jaksch, Casboult
HB - Buckley, Docherty, Simpson
C - Cripps, Curnow, Murphy
HF - Bell, Henderson, Menzel
FF - Everitt, Watson, Armfield
R - Wood, Gibbs, Judd
I - Carrazzo, Boekhorst, Walker
SUB - Tutt

Jamison BETTER NOT PLAY!
Rowe out of form. Watson ahead of Jones.
Drop Ellard. Give him a rest.
Judd, Menzel and Tutt should be ready.

Byrne and Whiley stiff, but can't make too many changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd if fit is obviously a certainty - Dick the obvious out - did nothing wrong but last in and no credits

Jaksch - not sure if he played in the magoos or not but I would give him a crack based on preseason form and remove Rowe who has looked all at sea (most would however with our ability to turn the ball over and leave the middle open at the same time)

Watson - 3 goals in the wet for a big fellow is a good effort, I thought Jones should be given 5 or 6 games to let him have a crack - not sure we should carry 2 KPFs who can't kick though so Jones should work it out it out in the twos - but if Watson does get a chance - he should get 4 or 5 games

Whiley - I though he probably deserved his spot this week but he has to replace a similar player - none of us want an inside midfielder replacing an outside runner - well I don't - we seem to have enough clearances we need runners - based on that its either Curnow or Carrazo - tough I would say no at the G with 90k for another debutant - we have plenty of guys with less than 50 games - another week in the magoos

Tend to think the only other guys we would want in when fit are:
Kreuzer, Daisy, Byrne, Sheehan, Menzel and Yarran

Guys that should be given some game time include for development/retention decision making:
Graham, Smith, DVR and ....

Question: why was Whiley withdrawn - was it a Customs issue?

Great write up.
While missed due to hamstring tightness/soreness

If the following are fit and good to go, we'll give it a good shake...

Judd, Menzel, Jaksch and I have a feeling that Smith may get a SUB call-up.....

I don't care for the outs but just need to get that team balance right.
Will be tough for Whiley to get up being that he pulled up sore after a training session.
Take a chance on Sheehan if he's ready???? Probably not yet.
No way on Sheehan. A week or two from VFL.

Out: Curnow, Dick, Ellard
In: Judd, Jaksch, Menzel

Ellard hard to omit, they'll probs take Boek out
Nooooooooo - let hope guys get a chance if they have done nothing wrong - keep the Boek!

Is Menzel right to go? If he is not cherry ripe don't risk him - his game is not built around being 60-70% okay and why risk him.
Okay with your Ins but if Jaksch does come back in then I feel we need to take a tall out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back