AFL Toast RND 5: Gather Round And Get A Load of This

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done. Very impressive

I called for Durham's axing during the week, and he proved me wrong. Good on him.

Flip doing everything right. That smother on Stephen May was brilliant.

Such a balanced performance across the team. Loved it.

Scott didn't speak post-game about Zerk or Jones. Any injury updates?

I missed the first three quarters last night and just caught up.

So many red jerseys around the footy all night. I guess that means system and work rate coming together huh.

I can’t be sure because I’ve never seen it before 🤣

Seriously impressive win.

Also gee it would be nice to have an even somewhat pro Essendon voice somewhere near the broadcast.

When does the replay go up on the AFL site?
Friday’s games went up yesterday morning so should be up soon;

Well done on the win yesterday!
I do the game replays on our board and given the day and time of the match yesterday I was able to get the ABC/MMM/AFL Nation radio broadcast and have made a multi-call replay where with a media player such as VLC you can change the audio track and listen to different commentary.

ESSvMEL_multi_call.png

I'm struggling to recall a game since R22 2009 when we've played as well against quality opposition when our season was still alive. Probably was something in 2013-14 but I underwent hypnosis to remove that period from my memory bank.
Did it work? I might reach out to them and get a quote to erase the 2004-2022 period from mine 🤔

not sure which was worse: vomiting for 4 hours yesterday or finding out Essendon beat Melbourne and are 2nd on the ladder :(

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was as concerned, maybe even more concerned with Langdon and Hunter than I was Petracca, Oliver and Viney and both still had north of 20 touches each and strong metres gained but no real impact.

We were so organised behind the footy it made them almost completely irellvant.

Steven May is my least fave player and I enjoyed seeing him punished all day

That Langford goal though… next level 👌

Best game of season but not just the win against a very strong opposition.. our intensity around the ball was spot on, our game plan was spot on, team selection was near perfect.. I'd still find room for Hobbs but otherwise I'm pretty happy.. we played with purpose all game bar perhaps the last five minutes when we relaxed a bit.

I don't think it is lid off time but gee it vindicates the decision to move on from Truck. First time in a while that I truly feel we have a system based game plan that is capable of producing reliable and consistent results.

Also the players seem to be very clear on their roles. It shows when a player like Setterfield comes in and plays his role. We definitely used him to limit Olivers impact in the first half (which he did) and then we moved into a different structure when the rain came. Yes Oliver had 30 touches in the 2nd half but they were largely ineffectual. Just brilliant watching in game tactical changes that actually make sense.

Very early days but loving the progress so far.. making weekends far more enjoyable! Keen to see how we stack up against Pies on ANZAC Day..

Watching the replay. It's funny how often these days commentators mention how long it's been since we've won a final. I reckon they got it from here. It's always seemed a trivial thing to me and something opposition supporters on here use as bait. I mean if you don't win the flag who cares how many you win? Ask St. Kilda if they're happy how many finals they won from 2004-2010 but didn't get a flag out if it.

Also how good was Laverde giving Oliver the don't argue?

A flock of starlings is a murmuration. Perhaps it’s the next evolution of footy, from Clarko’s Cluster etc etc to Scott’s Murmur…. Nah that sounds s**t. Sorry Brad, it’s Merrett’s Murmuration by default - many moving fluidly as one unit, as if controlled by a single mind…

Scottie’s Starlings enacting Merrett’s Murmuration.

So the next evolution would be?
Seagulls1.jpg

Watching the replay. It's funny how often these days commentators mention how long it's been since we've won a final. I reckon they got it from here. It's always seemed a trivial thing to me and something opposition supporters on here use as bait. I mean if you don't win the flag who cares how many you win? Ask St. Kilda if they're happy how many finals they won from 2004-2010 but didn't get a flag out if it.
The last time St Kilda won a flag the field was measured in yards, feet and inches...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back