AFL Toast RND 5: Gather Round And Get A Load of This

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort from all of them. Kept the pressure on and the team defense stood up.
Parish was great. Did what he had to with his defending but what I liked was he kept working into space all game on top of his work in close.
Snelling came into the game with some form and it showed. Pressure inside 50 was great.
Back 6 awesome.
Durham awesome.
Use of the footy was good.
Two rucks certainly working.
Captain leading from the front.
Heppell looked solid in defense.
Setterfield just keeping on keeping on.
Caldwell may not be kicking goals but his forward half pressure has been good.
Jake chasing and pressuring.
It is what we want to see.
Oliver. 41 possessions but nearly half where under pressure handballs.
Two new entries in the stupid file for me. Langford not in the best 22. Phillips should have been delisted. :eek:

Are you telling me we got over 100 points against this sort of opposition in this sort of weather with a patch quilt forward line???
season 7 episode 21 GIF

Congrats on the win today. I had a feeling you were going to roll them early in the match, happy to see it play out that way & more so the Bombers playing a really cohesive brand of football with pretty relentless effort.

Well done Brad Scott on a great start to his tenure.
See you in the Grand Final!!

You can't be a Bombers fan and not absolutely love that game we just watched.

Such a great team win.
We had so many contributors today.

Right now the whole team is coming together for a common purpose and it really shows.
We are getting different players bobbing up each week, showing its more system over personnel right now.

I particularly loved the double ruck combo and the way our back 6 is really working together as a unit, becoming hard to beat in one on ones but able to link up really well going back the other way.

Lets hope we can bring it again come ANZAC day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - makes you wonder what the hell has been going on in years past.

It’s still early I guess but everyone seems to be in the right spot at the right time after one preseason with him…….
Maybe after hearing it for the last 6 years and watching the young blokes trying to do their bit the penny has dropped for a few who may be actually thinking it may go pear shaped for them if they do not work it out. New coach comes in and starts preaching the same things (pressure / defend better ) and those who have not been on board would have to start thinking about it. Even more so when it comes from an experienced coach.
Scott has done well to find a basic style plan to fit where the players are at whereas Truck clearly did not take into account the capability of the players being able to implement the complex defensive plan he wanted to run . Probably also helps having more development coaches and small forward who have improved our inside 50 pressure by 1000%.

Yep - makes you wonder what the hell has been going on in years past.

It’s still early I guess but everyone seems to be in the right spot at the right time after one preseason with him…….
I think it’s luck

We have had crazy good luck despite our best efforts to * ourselves over, and not deserving it even in the slightest.

Waiting for the other shoe to drop, the luck turns, we play a good side that isn’t missing key pieces and turns up expecting a training run…

For me the big shift has been the teamwork and it was on full display today. The tap-ons were great and movements are starting to get that feel of a flock of sparrows in the air moving and shifting together in patterns.

2nd is too high for where we are at realistically but hey let’s enjoy it for the moment.

For me the big shift has been the teamwork and it was on full display today. The tap-ons were great and movements are starting to get that feel of a flock of sparrows in the air moving and shifting together in patterns.

2nd is too high for where we are at realistically but hey let’s enjoy it for the moment.
A flock of starlings is a murmuration. Perhaps it’s the next evolution of footy, from Clarko’s Cluster etc etc to Scott’s Murmur…. Nah that sounds s**t. Sorry Brad, it’s Merrett’s Murmuration by default - many moving fluidly as one unit, as if controlled by a single mind…

Scottie’s Starlings enacting Merrett’s Murmuration.

Last edited:
You can't be a Bombers fan and not absolutely love that game we just watched.

Such a great team win.
We had so many contributors today.

Right now the whole team is coming together for a common purpose and it really shows.
We are getting different players bobbing up each week, showing its more system over personnel right now.

I particularly loved the double ruck combo and the way our back 6 is really working together as a unit, becoming hard to beat in one on ones but able to link up really well going back the other way.

Lets hope we can bring it again come ANZAC day.
Case for that being the best game in a long, long time.

The tap-ons were great and movements are starting to get that feel of a flock of sparrows in the air moving and shifting together in patterns.
This.

Previously our guy who had an opponent on his hammer would usually grab the ball only to be tackled when he had a free man near he could/should tap it to - smart players and teams do this. Now we are playing smarter football - the ball movement was several levels above what we have been use to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back