Rookie
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
pacers,MUFC
Re: Robbie Warnock

robbie, should not have been drafted i don't reacon.
we payed to much for him for starters, and we are in round 13 now and he hasnt played a game.
i think it was 600 grand a year .

robbie, should not have been drafted i don't reacon.
we payed to much for him for starters, and we are in round 13 now and he hasnt played a game.
i think it was 600 grand a year .

Troll gone horribly, horribly wrong?

Or just a really stupid Carlton supporter?

:D

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton recruit set to play first game

Carlton recruit set to play first game

Warnock, 22, has had a foot stress fracture, but is tipped to play for the Northern Bullants against the Bendigo Bombers on the weekend. "We're planning for him to play," Carlton football operations manager Steven Icke said yesterday.

Whether Warnock has left his run too late to play senior football in 2009 is problematical. Icke was non-committal about it. "We've taken a conservative approach with him. We'll just assess how he does. We don't want to put pressure on the kid. We're going to watch how he does and get some game time into him and hopefully he gets something out of the year rather than it being a total write-off."
Knock 'em dead. :thumbsu: :eek:

Dec 15, 2007
a nutshell.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LAKERS|STORM|BULLANTS

best news i've heard all week!
can't wait to get down to windy hill and see him line up on saturday, fingers crossed it all goes well! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Alpha1

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Mar 27, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool

If things go well I would say a round 19 or 20 comeback. What a forward line we are going to have, MK1, Fev, Yarran, Betts.

Watching the VFL on TV yesterday, thought Nockers was really good.

Made Ottens look 2nd rate at times.

Still trying to build his fitness up so wouldn't have played much more than half a game I wouldn't have thought, but finished up with 15 disposals, three marks, one goal and 12 hitouts which is a good effort.

Was just on the Sunday Footy Show and is an absolute man mountain. Said that he has put on 12kg since coming over to the Blues and looking at him it's clear that would be all muscle.

Can't wait to see him in Navy Blue at some stage this season, maybe not next week but a possibility against Adelaide in round 22.

Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Warnock on track for Blues debut

This is the sort of news we need to be hearing in membership season...

Blues football operations manager Steven Icke said Warnock, who played 21 games for the Dockers, should be fit for the opening NAB pre-season clash against Sydney at Blacktown on February 20.

"Given that he is going to be in our full program from [this] week, we would expect him to be available for some of those games, if not all of those games," Icke said.

"It's been a tough 12 months for him. But out of that, hopefully comes a stronger mental attitude and a willingness to work really hard and become the best he can possibly be."

Icke does a better job with the media than Ian Coutts. :D

krayfesh

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Somewhere not suspicious
AFL Club
Carlton
Just a little report from the last couple of training sessions I've been to, being his buddy and all.

He's really tall.

He's still clearly building up a fitness base but he keeps up with the bigger guys during the running exercises.

Solid skills.

Performed well in rucking drills, particularly the ground level stuff and kicking it to team mates..

Kicked a beautiful left foot banana when the rucks were taking potshots. Which means little, but it looked great.

Having three very mobile ruckmen in 2010 will be our biggest strength.

Sep 27, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Carlton takes wraps off ruckman
Warnock, a priority recruit during the 2008 trade period, appears certain to finally make his debut for his club against Sydney in the first round of the NAB Cup, at Blacktown on February 20.
Carlton takes wraps off ruckman

You have to love News Ltd. and Greg Denham.

The article has just two paragraphs on Warnock minus quotes from Carlton.

The rest of the article mentions everything else that happened over the summer.

And News wants to charge for online content. :rolleyes: :eek:

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Robbie Warnock up for task for Blues

"But the great thing is we are pushing each other along and, hopefully, there's going to be some good competition for spots over the next few years."

28miywn.jpg

Robbie Warnock up for task for Blues

A good all round game by Robbie today.

Won some nice taps and moved well around the ground.

Great work below his knees. :thumbsu:

Liked what I saw from the big fella today.

Only problem I really see is the predictability of play with the ball in his hands. He's always looking for the player running past so he can dish off a quick handball.

We can't get away with that all the time as teams will wake up and realize it so they can stop it. He needs to assess each possession on its own merit. If it's best to handball it off, then so be it, but that's not always the case.

celtic_pride

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
I'm liking more and more of Warnock's game, the agile, strong, mature tap ruckman we've been crying out for ..

juddsentant517

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2009
Carlton's own top 8
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Northern Bullants
did anyone see that tap to christopher!
that was the highlight for me, watching Judd explode from the tap. Also very good at ground level, and goes in hard. Which to be honest scares the hell out of me. If he gets injured again i will be devestated

Back