Roast Robert Warnock

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree on your comments about Warnock and not just this week but I think his form has been equally average since he returned for Hampson (who was starting to show some real promising form).

My major issue with Warnock is the fact that he allows himself to be so easily outbodied in ruck contests and in marking contests. He falls over in every second contest!

There should be a new statistic: Falling over to advantage. Warnock would definitly dominate this statistic! It could be a strategy for Carlton!!!!

Further to this, Warnock doesn't take marks unless the ball literally lands o his chest and no opposiiton players are around...

Watching his performance against WCE often I noticed he didn't even put his arms up to attempt to mark the ball!? Has anyone else noticed this?

Kreuzer on the other hand, always makes a good attempt in ruck contests, marking and even at ground level. He still has a lot of room for improvement, but he wills himself into the contest.

I've got time for Warnock but he was poor yesterday and needs to work on his game. .. Hopefully its just a form slump though. ..

Problem I had yesterday, with both rucks, was that Hudson was blocking both Kreuzer and Warnock's run at the ball. .. Illegally half the time, the ball hit the deck on several occasions with neither ruck touching it and it was Hudson who had ran past the ball. .. Ruckman do this each week, so I cannot be too down on the umpire (although they should have picked up on it) plus the umpires were down on form in general. ..

Kreuzer seemed to adapt though and initially tried to jump over Hudson and then started evading the body work and working for the front position. ..

Warnock however seemed content to be nullified and couldn't seem to adapt. .. Perhaps he lacks the weight to hold front position but I didn't think he thought his way through it. ..

Hopefully our coaches spotted it and work on it with them both. .. Because our ruckman got schooled by an old head much like Cox did in the WCE game. ..

did anyone else notice on the weekend warnock tried to take speccies over the man in front? FFS robbie ur 6 foot whatever. mark the friggin ball with ur feet on the ground.

Warnock was a lot better than a lot of our other players.

Are you going to start a roast thread for
Bower
Houlihan
Betts
Garlett
Robinson
Ellard
Joseph
Walker
Waite
? :thumbsdown:

These two do not belong in that list, they always try and did so Sunday.

The rest were average at best.

Not good enough guys .

I agree on your comments about Warnock and not just this week but I think his form has been equally average since he returned for Hampson (who was starting to show some real promising form).

My major issue with Warnock is the fact that he allows himself to be so easily outbodied in ruck contests and in marking contests. He falls over in every second contest!

There should be a new statistic: Falling over to advantage. Warnock would definitly dominate this statistic! It could be a strategy for Carlton!!!!

Further to this, Warnock doesn't take marks unless the ball literally lands o his chest and no opposiiton players are around...

Watching his performance against WCE often I noticed he didn't even put his arms up to attempt to mark the ball!? Has anyone else noticed this?

Kreuzer on the other hand, always makes a good attempt in ruck contests, marking and even at ground level. He still has a lot of room for improvement, but he wills himself into the contest.

Hampson would win this stat easily. He is way too top heavy, has absolutely no strength through the hips, and will pinwheel to the ground with the slightest touch. Don't believe me? Just watch next time he goes forward...

I reckon putting a seagull in the middle and we would do as good. I guess the seagull could at least pick up crumbs. I think his near the softest player in the AFL, for a big guy you would think he would impose his body on a player and near use his body to push them legally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back