Movie Rocky Movies

Remove this Banner Ad

And in turn he would have been absolutely belted by Antonio Tarver, being a proper boxer who won a lot more
Morrison was a proper boxer though and handed Foreman just his 4th loss at the time, and only the 5th of his career. Foreman in his next fight captured the heavyweight title knocking out the previously unbeaten Michael Moorer.

Tarver was the better boxer no question and his accomplishments reveal all. But as you said

'' It’s the one movie genre that really has no obligation to be grounded in reality because boxing itself really isn’t ''

In any case, to say Morrison wasn't a proper boxer is complete bs. 48 wins, 1 draw and just 3 losses in his career.

Morrison was a proper boxer though and handed Foreman just his 4th loss at the time, and only the 5th of his career. Foreman in his next fight captured the heavyweight title knocking out the previously unbeaten Michael Moorer.

Tarver was the better boxer no question and his accomplishments reveal all. But as you said

'' It’s the one movie genre that really has no obligation to be grounded in reality because boxing itself really isn’t ''

In any case, to say Morrison wasn't a proper boxer is complete bs. 48 wins, 1 draw and just 3 losses in his career.

Fair comments

The one who hurt Sly most out of all of them was still Dolph... And some other guy who was a contender in the golden era of boxing he auditioned for Clubber Lang.

Tarver knocked him down a few times too in Balboa.

Great video of Michael B Jordan being knocked out too by the guy in that.

Sent from mTalk

I’m not gonna defend the overall quality of Rocky IV cause it’s pretty schlocky on rewatch but it just has so much nostalgic value it elevates it to me.

FWIW Drago losing the fight, crowd and being soundly beaten by the end and remaining a villain is probably gonna be an important driver for Creed 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Star Wars would have it covered for cultural impact.

Probably a few others too. Bond movies? Harry Potter?

Can't say I rate Star Wars much. Similarly kids movies like Potter. Bond movies I guess but never watched much myself.
I was thinking more Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry. I reckon for quality it has most covered. Including Creed in the series too.

Rocky IV is a flat out terrible movie, but it transcends its own terribleness.

What standard are you holding it against? Against the movie series or movies in general.

There's no doubt 3 and 4 are pure cheese but 4 is entertaining and vintage 80's popcorn cinema.

What standard are you holding it against? Against the movie series or movies in general.

There's no doubt 3 and 4 are pure cheese but 4 is entertaining and vintage 80's popcorn cinema.
Movies in general.

It's just terribly written, terribly acted, but time and nostalgia has made it hilarious. You can rewatch plenty of '80s movies and they hold up quite well, even action ones, but the sheer absurdity of this movie is insane. I mean, we get Gorbachev giving Rocky a standing ovation, for chrissakes :tearsofjoy:

Of course the Rocky Movies get more and more ridiculous with each one, but what do you expect from 3-4 decades ago, and what do you expect with movies. 85 percent of movies are far fetched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back