Analysis Rolling 22 under 22 side

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions with a shot at making the side IMO- Brandon Starcevich and Zac Bailey.

It is only based on this year though, so they have the same body of work.

I think think we (sub-consciously) rate players' performances against where we expect them to be for a player of their age and experience. If you're creating an u22 side, even if it's based on just that year, need to be judged against the same absolute standards. In general, you wouldn't expect even the best performed first year players to be on a level with the best performed players in their third and fourth years (an uninjured Matt Rowell an exception).

I think think we (sub-consciously) rate players' performances against where we expect them to be for a player of their age and experience. If you're creating an u22 side, even if it's based on just that year, need to be judged against the same absolute standards. In general, you wouldn't expect even the best performed first year players to be on a level with the best performed players in their third and fourth years (an uninjured Matt Rowell an exception).
I disagree I think reputation is the only argument you can make for Bailey of Gulden so far.

It really isn’t close at this point, now that may change over the course of the season. We expect first year players to slow down. But currently Gulden would be close to a lock for the AA team yet alone the under 22 team.

Shai Bolton a walk-up start?

Shai Bolton and Noah Balta I'd think would be locks in this side.

Is there a ruckman who qualifies?

Probably ends up being someone like Luke Jackson even if he doesn't spend much time in the ruck.
FB: Rivers Balta Butts
HB: Lukosius Day Jiath
C: Cerra Brayshaw Gulden
HF: Pickett King Butters
FF: Wicks Allen Warner
R: Naitanui Walsh Anderson

I/C: Smith Naughton Fogarty Higgins

Done from memory. Logan McD close. Berry, Drew and Jordon the tackle kings begrudgingly excluded. No idea who else belongs in defence so I picked Rivers. If I’ve missed someone from your team IDGAF.

Last edited:

Done from memory. Logan McD close. Berry, Drew and Jordon the tackle kings begrudgingly excluded. No idea who else belongs in defence so I picked Rivers. If I’ve missed someone from your team IDGAF.
You say you don’t give a * but Ridley over Rivers is automatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A66C73C2-7806-4BA1-ACD7-BCC57B7B7F6F.jpeg

Ridley probably captain and my first picked to be fair.
Butters second picked.

Don’t worry, if Ridley misses the 22under22 team he won’t care when he’s receiving his first All Australian blazer he’s been that good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some stats on the suns boys; (avg)

Noah Anderson (20) (Inside Mid) 26 possies, 12.3 contested, 5.7 clearances, 5.3 score involvements
Ben King (20) (Key Forward) 9 possies, 10 goals, 76% accuracy
Jack Lukosius (20) (Wing) 21 possies, 630 metres gained, 6.3 score involvements
Izak Rankine (20) (Forward) 13 possies, 4 goals, 44% accuracy

Ballard & Powell miss out by few months.

Personally i would have Anderson, King & Lukosius in mine. I'll have a crack now

Shoutout to Sydney's young guns and Allen/Ridley/Walsh are my other stand outs

B: Isaac Quaynor (COLL), Noah Balta (RICH), Tom McCartin (SYD)
HB: Jack Lukosius (GC), Jordan Ridley (ESS), Lachie Ash (GWS)
C: Bailey Smith (WB), Sam Walsh (CARL), Adam Cerra (FRE)
HF: Zak Butters (PTA), Aaron Naughton (WB), Sam Wicks (SYD)
FF: Errol Gulden (SYD), Logan McDonald (SYD), Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
R: Luke Jackson (MELB), Noah Anderson (GC), Andrew Brayshaw (FRE)

I: Chad Warner (SYD), Mitch Georgiades (PTA), Caleb Serong (FRE), Lachie Fogarty (CARL)

This is my side for proper balance.

Left out the King twins, Alot of small mid/flankers types, not another option for ruck so Jackson is default. Stacked with Sydney players everywhere

Last edited:

Pickett would have to be in the side

And Luke Jackson potentially as a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back