Analysis Rolling All-Australian team for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread where we can debate the All-Australian team in real time throughout the season, before it gets announced and everyone decides the concept has been rendered irrelevant by absurd out-of-position selections and some guy from your team not being picked.

Who deserves a mention?

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the thread where we can debate the All-Australian thread in real time throughout the season, before it gets announced and everyone decides the concept how been rendered irrelevant by absurd out-of-position selections and some guy from your team not being picked.

Who deserves a mention?

Wish I could 'like' this portion multiple times.

FB: S Hurn, D Moore, J Ridley
HB: D Houston, J Lukosius, C Daniel
C: T Kelly, J Macrae, S Walsh
HF: Z Butters, O Allen, B Smith
F: D Martin, T Walker, E Gulden
R: M Gawn, T Boak, C Oliver
I: J Short, J Dunkley, I Heeney, T Hickey

Some of these players haven't played yet this round but assuming they play as well as last week they are in those positions

FB: S Hurn, D Moore, J Ridley
HB: D Houston, J Lukosius, C Daniel
C: T Kelly, J Macrae, S Walsh
HF: Z Butters, O Allen, B Smith
F: D Martin, T Walker, E Gulden
R: M Gawn, T Boak, C Oliver
I: J Short, J Dunkley, I Heeney, T Hickey

Some of these players haven't played yet this round but assuming they play as well as last week they are in those positions
Pretty spot on but I’d Swap Moore to CHB and have Dougal Howard at FB

B:Lloyd Moore Williams
HB: Balta Jonas Houston
C: Walsh Adams Kelly
HF: Martin Walker Gulden
FF: Ryan Darling Butters
R: Nic-Nat Macrae Boak

IC: Short Gawn Bontempelli Heeney Inj Sub: Sheed

On the radar: Taberner, Alliir, Vandermeer, Petracca, Greene, Steele, Oliver, Bolton and Lambert

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: J.Lloyd, S.May, D.Grimes
HB: D.Houston, D.Moore, S.Hurn
C: M.Bontempelli, C.Petracca, J.Steele
HF: D.Martin, T.Walker, T.Kelly*
F: J.De Goey, J.Riewoldt, O.Fantasia
R: Natanui, McCrae, Oliver
I/C: Dunkley, Sloane, Gulden, Sheed

*Tim Kelly had 11 score involvements last week and 8 this week, a lock for mine as a player delivering the ball inside 50.

May was very good last night, Sitting behind the goals and had a good view of him setting the dees up behind the ball and he did a great job on King and McKernan.
May only had 2 contested possessions. I think he accumulates a lot of easy ones. Moore might not be as highly rated by some but he had 13 contested possessions and is leading the comp so far in contested marks and intercepts. May likes to guard space in the back half and they kick it to him and he waxes and wanes a bit. He is a good player though. Andrews is usually pencilled in as a key back anyway.

A lot will end up being related to who remains fit.

I don't really care how crap Steven may plays this year. He deserves to be in it based on last years horrendous snub. And not even in the squad!? What a joke that squad is.

If CJ isn't in consideration for your team then you haven't watched all the games.

CJ has played a truly unusual style of intercept marking, running bounces, and high possessions, from wing to deep forward.

He is unlike any other defender in the game right now. perhaps

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back