Rolling World Cup squad thread

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
I would of brought Mitch Marsh in for his brother, I would have had Mitch in the original squad. Like for like replacement in Handscomb but he is just a pointless spare, we need another all-rounder considering Stoinis and Maxwell ain't doing much.

Westend

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I would of brought Mitch Marsh in for his brother, I would have had Mitch in the original squad. Like for like replacement in Handscomb but he is just a pointless spare, we need another all-rounder considering Stoinis and Maxwell ain't doing much.

Yeah I agree as well...reckon we need the extra allrounder due to stoinis terrible form

Unlucky for S marsh opportunity for Handscomb. I wonder if Maxie will get up...I reckon he can

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Part of me thinks that we'd go Mitch Marsh if one of the bowlers got injured. Then I remember Josh Hazlewood isn't in the squad.

The extra all rounder spot we normally go with was replaced by the second spinner this World Cup which always gave the squad a slightly unbalanced look.

Having said that we've used literally everyone and we're top so I guess the selectors have actually done okay.

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
If Shaun Marsh didn’t have bad luck, he’d have no luck at all. Could have potentially played in two World Cup winning squads but will play in none.

They couldn’t bring Mitch in because Shaun was the only recognised back-up batsman. With Maxwell injured as well, we’d be playing short.

Back