Coach Roos rue Roos ruse

Remove this Banner Ad

Been good for us in a mentoring role and has probably helped secure some of the key off field signings we've had from melbourne etc.
Happy to keep him on for another year or 2 in a rolling contract.

It’s early to say for sure but it seems to have been good for us. No doubt that he was good for Melbourne now as well.

It’s early to say for sure but it seems to have been good for us. No doubt that he was good for Melbourne now as well.

The Club seem to have made a string of good calls since he was engaged - which I can't say has happened in the past. Keep him on - he can Zoom in the consultancy

The Club seem to have made a string of good calls since he was engaged - which I can't say has happened in the past. Keep him on - he can Zoom in the consultancy
At 700k, the figure I’d heard, think Roos’ money would be far better invested elsewhere. Like on assistant coaches. He Didn’t attend all our matches in person; had a debrief and post-game review with the coaches on Monday; took Noble out for a counter lunch later in the week and had a few meetings with players on that same day. So spent just two days per week at the club. For mine, he Just wasn’t involved enough getting his hands dirty and really being invested. Even if the figure was 400k or 500k per year, I think it was a questionable deal while he was living in Melb - but paying him that kind of money while he’s based in Hawaii seems madness ….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers that's alot... Do you happen to have a link / source you can share for that salary?
I suspect the salary is 700k per year but if you pro rata that for a 2 day week it brings it back toward 300k of actual salary.

The bottom line is that Roos got us Nobes and if Nobes wants Roos for counselling or as a sounding board then it is money well spent - by zoom or otherwise.

Now that hard hotel quarantine is finished then no doubt Roos and his missus will be spending more time back in Oz soon enough.

At 700k, the figure I’d heard, think Roos’ money would be far better invested elsewhere. Like on assistant coaches. He Didn’t attend all our matches in person; had a debrief and post-game review with the coaches on Monday; took Noble out for a counter lunch later in the week and had a few meetings with players on that same day. So spent just two days per week at the club. For mine, he Just wasn’t involved enough getting his hands dirty and really being invested. Even if the figure was 400k or 500k per year, I think it was a questionable deal while he was living in Melb - but paying him that kind of money while he’s based in Hawaii seems madness ….

How do you know any of that to be true? I doubt there is a single thing that you would be able to produce as evidence to support you claim.

And routinely at VFL games, admittedly with Tyler playing, albeit he was involved in quarter time huddles giving advice
Wasn't that only if we had an interstate game? IIRC he didn't travel with us for any of them, and I remember him being seen at a couple of the VFL games when we were interstate.

How do you know any of that to be true? I doubt there is a single thing that you would be able to produce as evidence to support you claim.
Well, here’s one thing to support my claim of a 2.5-day week:

…. Noble says Roos is a visible presence around the club, starting with a post-game review each Monday.

“'Roosy' will also do a main session - he’ll be in today - then he’ll sit in the box,” the coach explained on SEN SA Breakfast.

“(So) he’s got two days during the week with us, face to face, and then he’s with us on game day as well.”

But, aside from that, the inference here is that no BF posters know anyone from the clubs/talk to them about these matters/occasionally hear stuff around the place. That we’re expected to rely on Tom Browne and Sam McClure for our news about North. Well Good luck with that.
I’m not sure if the annual report itemises individual coach’s salaries - suspect not - or whether those figures are all lumped in to a general football dept spend but the Roos’ salary would cause palpitations, I think, if publicised given the amount of time he spends at the club. It’s not 700k, I got that wrong, so Apols on that score - but it’s not a million miles away either.

Wasn't that only if we had an interstate game? IIRC he didn't travel with us for any of them, and I remember him being seen at a couple of the VFL games when we were interstate.
Yes that’s probably right, but all the same he was happy to take no name VFL kids aside for some advice, and not just the AFL listed guys; I was impressed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back