roosters top 10 songs that should have been hits 2000-09

Remove this Banner Ad

Blondie released The Curse Of Blondie (a really solid album) in 2003 but this (the album's best song) was overlooked for a single and the rest is history...

[YOUTUBE]-wdZ44rhTAA[/YOUTUBE]
I love Blur and think Coxon's a cool dude but this song just borrowed one or two chords that sounded too similar to Coffee and TV for me.

Also, is that Malkmus song featuring one of the brothers from the Cribs in it? I swear it is, sitting down, eating... an apple?

I know you and I both dig our Idlewild so I hope you're with me here – they can feel aggrieved that someone like Bloc Party got so big (they deserved it though) but intensely more melodic Idlewild never did.

Meanwhile, Johnny Foreigner are doomed to play nothing but toilets in Britain but this song of theirs deserved something.

I guess the thing is, hits are just down to luck.

Concrete Blonde released Group Therapy (their best album) in 2002, it bombed for reasons unknown to me.
51Q17RDgEjL.jpg

My four favourite songs from the album:

Roxy

Violent

Take Me Home

Fried

[YOUTUBE]-wdZ44rhTAA[/YOUTUBE]
think this was like a semi hit over in the UK only. underrated as a solo artist and overshadowed by damon with his post blur work with gorilaz,good band and the queen etc. Cant see why more people didnt jump on this single and album from 2004. Its got them real nice full sounding chords like 'coffee and tv' the chorus will be stuck in your head for hours. and the clip was great

Sounds like Coffee and TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back