Speculation Rory Lobb [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb's contract was 1.5 over 4 years according Ralph the other week. So on average for a player.

Demons need him more though than pies. Gawn cant ruck full time and Petty is likely gone at the end of the season. Unless dees are looking at someone else. Their window is close to shutting.

At the time of his trade to the Dogs, Ralph said his final year of his Freo contract was worth $750k. I know his reasons for getting to Melb may have made him accept an unders contract but another 3 years at $250k a year seems ridiculous. Most articles are saying it was a 3 year Dogs contract worth $1.5m which makes a lot more sense.

At the time of his trade to the Dogs, Ralph said his final year of his Freo contract was worth $750k. I know his reasons for getting to Melb may have made him accept an unders contract but another 3 years at $250k a year seems ridiculous. Most articles are saying it was a 3 year Dogs contract worth $1.5m which makes a lot more sense.
Only thing certain you get out of trades is contract length and the amount is estimated. 4 years for over 1.5mil was the latest report from Ralph this year.

We'll see, I think a lot of bargainning power in these comes from what the club holding the player wants. The Dogs to even have these discussions probably dont really want him, and the team trading for him knows it.

It's not like when he gets a game ahead of Darcy, he's playing well, he's playing shite. If he's traded, you mark it up as a mistake two years ago and move on
Don't have to compound one mistake with another to let him go for nothing when probably multiple clubs are nibbling

Ice Cube Friday GIF

i'm sorry any club that takes him on is nuts. i get darcy has had a ripper year but at 31 and 3 clubs in back yourself in to earn your spot back? English might go this year and you have a spot ha? mentally weak imo

A true mercenary in every aspect.
Clearly a flog of a bloke too
No surprises col young’s his manager and no surprises he matched up with Rosichs daughter, their tik toks are next level cringe

the best outcome from here is for Steve to get the vacant ceo job and Rory join him so they all reunite with ol Rossy down at moorabbin…

1716719862577.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's in a bit of a weird position with a trade.

He's not a "leader of young men" type senior player, so the rebuilding teams wouldn't want him. So that leaves the older, more experienced contending teams as his main targets.

But said experienced teams probably don't need him, or could find someone else/better to fill the role he'd play.

So who wants/needs him?

He's in a bit of a weird position with a trade.

He's not a "leader of young men" type senior player, so the rebuilding teams wouldn't want him. So that leaves the older, more experienced contending teams as his main targets.

But said experienced teams probably don't need him, or could find someone else/better to fill the role he'd play.

So who wants/needs him?

I’d be surprised if we don’t see Melbourne rumoured as interested, for one.

A true mercenary in every aspect.
Clearly a flog of a bloke too
No surprises col young’s his manager and no surprises he matched up with Rosichs daughter, their tik toks are next level cringe

the best outcome from here is for Steve to get the vacant ceo job and Rory join him so they all reunite with ol Rossy down at moorabbin…

View attachment 2001729

You need to get over it, he was just one of many players that have wanted out of Freo in recent times. Plus you managed to turn him into Jaeger O’Meara, so it all worked out beautifully for Freo.

I’d be surprised if we don’t see Melbourne rumoured as interested, for one.
No with a Hell and a few profanities as well.

I mean we do need a life after Gawn, but there are better options out there, even internally.

Mason Cox replacement.

The teams that make sense from a positional point of view are North, Saints, Dees, Tigers and Pies.

But it’s Rory Lobb, so who knows. His salary is actually really low at around 400k or so, he’d likely play regular footy at at least four of the clubs I mentioned.

I also don’t really have an issue with us getting him. He was there to provide cover and allow Darcy to develop but it’s obvious a developing Darcy is a significantly better player than an established Lobb.

The teams that make sense from a positional point of view are North, Saints, Dees, Tigers and Pies.

But it’s Rory Lobb, so who knows. His salary is actually really low at around 400k or so, he’d likely play regular footy at at least four of the clubs I mentioned.

I also don’t really have an issue with us getting him. He was there to provide cover and allow Darcy to develop but it’s obvious a developing Darcy is a significantly better player than an established Lobb.
Tigers, North and Saints would be moronic IMO. Dee's and Pies make sense, seems the exact thing the Pies would to do to be honest who seem very very good at identifying someone to play a specific role and getting them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back