Preview Round 1: Melbourne v GWS, 1:40pm, Saturday 27th March, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I haven't seen anything yet to see why Frost should be playing forward. Feels like when we had Sellar playing there...

I feel like having a dig at you for not including Oliver.. its so hard to kick someone out to fit him in though! This is a great issue to have..

Yea, its not hard at all, the Prince must go.

Frost. I still don't get it. Unless he keeps getting selected on general principles of height and strength plus everyone praying he will suddenly learn to football. I suppose he did do that pretty decent snap goal against the dogs in NAB 2

Frost. I still don't get it. Unless he keeps getting selected on general principles of height and strength plus everyone praying he will suddenly learn to football. I suppose he did do that pretty decent snap goal against the dogs in NAB 2

Thought he had a solid game against the Saints

Thought he had a solid game against the Saints
I did too actually. We'd all obviously like him to get more of the footy and hit the scoreboard, but I think he gets involved a fair bit, and brings other players into the game.

That being said, that will only get him so far for so long

There are others who are closer to th chopping block for selection than Oliver .... Has to play Rd1 for mine
Grimes and Tyson come to mind for mine. In saying that - I mean no slight on Tyson, other than Oliver (IMO) has shown a lot more up side than Tyson has, and well no need for me to explain Grimes.

Grimes and Tyson come to mind for mine. In saying that - I mean no slight on Tyson, other than Oliver (IMO) has shown a lot more up side than Tyson has, and well no need for me to explain Grimes.
Think Tyson had a solid game on sunday so i'd keep him in there, but agreed on grimes he can come out for a bit but i'll back him to find his way back into the side eventually. i watched the last quarter of 2009 vs west coast recently, my goodness what happened to grimes he had poise, evasiveness and a bit of dare it was exciting to see just a shame it was 7 years ago now

Think Tyson had a solid game on sunday so i'd keep him in there, but agreed on grimes he can come out for a bit but i'll back him to find his way back into the side eventually. i watched the last quarter of 2009 vs west coast recently, my goodness what happened to grimes he had poise, evasiveness and a bit of dare it was exciting to see just a shame it was 7 years ago now
The only thing I can put it down to was the captaincy and now the loss of it. Could be a subconscious thing, but it has to be between the ears.

Tyson strikes me as the type of guy who would half-ass it during the preseason. I have no idea why, just a feeling.

He's a gun and I reckon he'll have a big year.

There are others who are closer to th chopping block for selection than Oliver .... Has to play Rd1 for mine
Agree.
Oliver gets a run before Harmes or Kennedy for me.
I know Kennedy is a small fwd but I'm not sold on him yet and Harmes will be good but I'd prefer to see Oliver given his chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After doing a bit or research we are quite lucky, both Greater Western Sydney's top two leading goal kickers from last year are both unavailable for round 1. Cameron (63) with a suspension and McCarthy (35) with his anxiety issues. Only Rhys Palmer (18) and Devin Smith (17) are next, so it's fair to say the giants have lost a lot of forward power heading into the season. Of course they still have a lot of talented mids able to kick fast goals we probably have the advantage in terms of forwards, the only question really is; is our midfield capable of getting it to them? If our midfield can match or best the Giants we should be able to beat them. It sounds like i say that with confidence but i really don't feel it yet

After doing a bit or research we are quite lucky, both Greater Western Sydney's top two leading goal kickers from last year are both unavailable for round 1. Cameron (63) with a suspension and McCarthy (35) with his anxiety issues. Only Rhys Palmer (18) and Devin Smith (17) are next, so it's fair to say the giants have lost a lot of forward power heading into the season. Of course they still have a lot of talented mids able to kick fast goals we probably have the advantage in terms of forwards, the only question really is; is our midfield capable of getting it to them? If our midfield can match or best the Giants we should be able to beat them. It sounds like i say that with confidence but i really don't feel it yet
There's a small chap called Jon Patton they're going to park in the forward line. He goes alright (when not injured)

There's a small chap called Jon Patton they're going to park in the forward line. He goes alright (when not injured)
Yeah Patton is the biggest concern, shame he is often injured because he looks like a quality player. Still Cameron and McCarty are massive losses though, even more if we can shut Patton down early

Stevie J will kick 60 for them this year.

dammit - skim read too fast. thanks for the correction.

I think Garland usually plays on him and does OK.

Id play Bernie on him though. Would be good to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back