Review Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd play Fogarty as a pure forward, drop Jenkins for Tex, and have Greenwood play as the chop-out ruck for 20%.
Greenwood could hardly walk last night & you want to drop our most dangerous forward last night. Just lol.

Greenwood needs to go to an athletics track and run 400s for the next few weeks

His fitness is substandard AFL level
Looked to be carrying an injury too.

Can't play this week as is a liability & a reason we lacked run in the last quarter.

Early days.Never give up hope.

3 years of solid meditation and coutless hours in the flotation tank and Im only just now beginning to comprehend the wisdomous teachings of Shifu Sanders.
Has Sanders come back to tell us the cryptic joke about Betts never flying for the ball last night yet?

Geez the Douglas, Gibbs, McGovern and Greenwood misses in that final term really compounded the issue especially when your running around with a unfit, unorganised ramshackle outfit and you get those good chances inside 50’s.
I said in the match day thread that we needed 3 goals to put the game past them. Any 3 of those converted and we do so.

Richmond played Carlton.

Like I said earlier, if we played Carlton tonight we would've won and felt all nice and fuzzy, and the way Richmond played I doubt they would've beaten Essendon over four quarters.
Richmond finished the game with the hunger and desire to win the game. Adelaide didnt

Kane McGoodwin
Both you and dogs105 have had a shot at me:
Don't be a tool, mate
with yours coming even AFTER I'd explained myself, by saying in reply (without abuse, btw):
"You've mistaken attempted humour for toolness --- I was amused by the "pop by" and thought I'd reply in kind, but in fairness should have added ";)" at the end."
Did you not see that, or just chose to ignore it? OK, attempted humour may not work or hit the mark, I know that.
We want to encourage friendly opposition supporters & this type of post only gives our board a bad name.
Clean up your act!
Say what, now ...? o_O
1) Who made you the arbiter of what can be said in here? Take it to the Mods and if they object, I'll apologise and explain --- again. My football arguments in that post had to do with what he said about a good game to watch, "bad luck" and JJ.
2) Please point out what was in that post that needed to be cleaned up. "Pop off" is an old-fashioned expression for "please leave now". It was satirical imitation with, as I said, humorous intent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

because you don’t ever have any interesting to say, it limits your ability to broker your approval as worth anything

So carry on being a disingenuous irritant, no skin off my nose. makes me more and more right about you :)

Literally please keep going
So what was it you meant by saying that Eddie never flew for the ball?

Kane McGoodwin
Both you and dogs105 have had a shot at me:

with yours coming even AFTER I'd explained myself, by saying in reply (without abuse, btw):
"You've mistaken attempted humour for toolness --- I was amused by the "pop by" and thought I'd reply in kind, but in fairness should have added ";)" at the end."
Did you not see that, or just chose to ignore it? OK, attempted humour may not work or hit the mark, I know that.

Say what, now ...? o_O
1) Who made you the arbiter of what can be said in here? Take it to the Mods and if they object, I'll apologise and explain --- again. My football arguments in that post had to do with what he said about a good game to watch, "bad luck" and JJ.
2) Please point out what was in that post that needed to be cleaned up. "Pop off" is an old-fashioned expression for "please leave now". It was satirical imitation with, as I said, humorous intent.
That is an awfully long post to not say much. Are you a politician lol.

Bottom line was you were rude for no reason to an opposition poster. It certainly didn't come across as humorous.

Just be more careful how you post...

Ps. When I was moderator of this board, I encouraged other opposition supporters to come on here to share their opinions. I would hate that we go down the path of the Port board of becoming insular.

1) Bottom line was you were rude for no reason to an opposition poster. 2) It certainly didn't come across as humorous.
3) Just be more careful how you post...
1) Someone's 'rude' can be another's 'humorous'. No rudeness intended. If I wanted to be rude I might have said something like "Don't be a tool, mate" ... but you didn't take him to task.
2) Yeah, well, satirical imitation takes some subtlety and intelligence to get. People who look for negatives find them.
3) I'll be guided by our Mods on that, but thanks. Tell you what, I'll be more careful if you post or PM me to ask what my intention was before slinging off.
Fair?

1) Someone's 'rude' can be another's 'humorous'. No rudeness intended. If I wanted to be rude I might have said something like "Don't be a tool, mate" ... but you didn't take him to task.
2) Yeah, well, satirical imitation takes some subtlety and intelligence to get. People who look for negatives find them.
3) I'll be guided by our Mods on that, but thanks. Tell you what, I'll be more careful if you post or PM me to ask what my intention was before slinging off.
Fair?
Reckon this has been done to death.

I appreciate you were not intending to be rude, but if you are trying to be humorous, then ;) is your friend...

I think the failure of JJ, and to a lesser extent Gov (lesser because of size and type) in providing a marking target, hitting up, and giving focus to our forward sorties is the reason Betts kept flying

Someone has to attack the ball in the air to create the ground contest, and seeing as no one else had the conjones he took it on himself like the little champ he is
Understand your position but he shouldnt have to. People should get a rocket

Wow reading half these comments has forced me to go back and watch the replay for the 2nd time.
Fogerty was not one of our better players. show some good signs but his impact was not good enough to warrant a game next week if Lynch or Walker are Fit.
But what I am surprised at, is how we can condemn Betts for flying high for marks but completely miss the simple fact that when Gov and Fog went for the high contested marks Essendon received the ball ran away and scored. Fog and Gov both spoiled each other and any other Forward close to them. Neither is a CHF or FF. until they develop more. Both are will be good at that 3/4 tall spot.
Crash and bang looks good, makes everyone think of the glory days, but these days all it does is allow's opposition easy ball out. Again proven several times on Friday night. I can understand why Pyke does not like that style of play.
I think you missed the point entirely. If the ball is loose and Betts is down and not flying then he is in position to take it away. Essendon only took it away because Gov JJ AND Eddie flew

Massive over reactions going on

Nearly won , had debutants and new players and looked underdone

Played a more than handy side at Etihad in front of 45k home fans and barely won a centre clearance all night

Had underdone greenwood , sauce injured ? Talia in doubt all day

World not collapsing

Failure is feedback
The over reaction is not about all those you stated. This was a game that before the start we should start favourite to win, this is a game that at 20 points up after wrestling the lead back and getting it to 20 points we should have won. Most here are taking the Pyke position: excuses dont matter we lost

if you are trying to be humorous, then ;) is your friend...
Yes, fair enough, we've made our points.

Re ";)", yes again, I should have used it, which point I conceded in my reply to the other bloke:

Exactly. He really shouldn’t have to, but at least he was trying to make things happen

I’d be aiming my arrows at those who should have been doing it for him

But not Hartigan. NO ONE AIM ARROWS AT HARTIGAN OR SANDERS WILL GIVE YOU A COOKIE! HARTIGAN is UNDROPPABLE.

LOL. What knowledge and INSIGHT. Like I said in the other thread the first cookie convinced me Hartigan is a star. You're a genius . If only I had been offered a cookie earlier I would have seen how good he really is and would have seen through all his failed spoil attempts while his opponents take chest marks, and all the times he allows the ball over the back, all the times he takes 30 seconds to kick it sideways and do nothing but slow us down. You win, your superior cookie knowledge has convinced me . Hartigan IS undroppable.

Exactly. He really shouldn’t have to, but at least he was trying to make things happen

I’d be aiming my arrows at those who should have been doing it for him
Absolutely. Jenkins needs to make much more of an aerial contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back