Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see Gunston being managed.

Ins: Chol, Sicily, CJ
Outs: Gunston, Scrimshaw, Serong
Can't see CJ playing. With his history you would think he plays a full game in the VFL first

Edit: Forgot Box Hill aren't playing. Maybe a sub option instead

Port's first half against the Cats on Friday night was as good as you're going to see.

This is going to be a very, very tough assignment.
Their second half wasn't. That's Port. If they play their best, with the midfield they have and at home, we could be in for a long day though.

I can see Gunston being managed.

Ins: Chol, Sicily, CJ
Outs: Gunston, Scrimshaw, Serong
No way Serong is out, you can quote me on that :D

I think they'll opt for 3 talls, which means Gunston, Dear and Chol.

My worthless guess;

In: Sic and Chol ... maybe CJ depending on management

Out: Scrim :( and a small who needs resting, that's a genuine challenge because they've all been playing well.

OK I've sat on the fence too much, it really depends on injuries and at least selection is becoming a bit more of a challenge.

I'm expecting we'll lose by between 5 and 8 goals.

Looking for us to slow the game down when we need to and make the most of our opportunities.
Damm. Just when we were starting to build our % after a few big wins

Scrim and Sicily out going to make it really difficult.

I'm replacing Scrim down back with CJ or B Ryan

Chol slots in beside, Dear, Wiz, Moore and Ginni down forward.

I'm resting Breust and having him coach the forwards for the game and subbing Gunston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope we don't get blown away in the first ten minutes. I'm sure the coaches will be empathising this. Pressure is the way play Port. They love an open free wheeling game,

feels like CJ is almost there & tempted to play him after this highlights reel but he also sat out the last qtr.

So maybe needs another 1-2 week in the 2's. Bad time for BH bye.

Sesame Street Fainting GIF

I'm expecting we'll lose by between 5 and 8 goals.

Looking for us to slow the game down when we need to and make the most of our opportunities.
That game against them last year was much like the one against the Swans a couple of weeks ago.

In fact that was the best I saw Port play last year. Was certain they were flag favourites after the game…

Wheels fell off….suck s**t Port….

Any news on Lewis?

On that note, I wonder whether he comes straight into the 1s when fit, or whether it would be good for him to play a game at BHH to get his confidence and fitness up?

I’d hope and think he comes straight in when fit. Hasn’t played VFL since 2018. 50 goal a year forward if he’s fit and we need him desperately at the minute. Get your runs on the board at AFL level and if you pull up a bit short we’ll sub you is what I’d be saying

not sure what Finns role was as he was a little invisible mostly. However, I saw him on Ross and Hill at times throughout the match. Neither Ross nor Hill had much influence on the game and finished with mid teens disposals. Id say that is a win for us.
If Finn was sent to tag Seb Ross I’d be staggered.

Massive challenge.

Hopefully Port suffer a bit of a let down after their huge effort on the road.

Their midfield is high quality. Their forwards ok. Their backline ordinary.

Big test for our mids. Let's see where they stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back