Preview Round 10, 2024 : Port v Hawthorn, 3:20pm Sun 19th May, AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a strange call to drop Dear I think. He's been asked a hell of a lot in his first two games and if Chol is fit and ready then it'll give him a chance to not draw the attention of the teams defenders as much when we go forward.

Would be a strange call to drop Dear I think. He's been asked a hell of a lot in his first two games and if Chol is fit and ready then it'll give him a chance to not draw the attention of the teams defenders as much when we go forward.

Two or three talls? We went with two vs St Kilda. Do we keep both Dear and Gunners and drop a small to make room for Chol? All the smalls have been making an impact the last two weeks. I actually feel like we're dangerous when the ball hits the ground, which is a new feeling this year (and for last year, actually). I dunno, it's tough. We have finally started running patterns up forward that make entries more effective. Does a three talls structure still do that? I'm not sure. Can were play Chol and Dear? I don't think so. The front-line patterns would be a mess. I think that Gunners has to stay. So, Dear or a small to go? I can't guess.

This morning …… surely the Captain is playing!
View attachment 1990225
He did wrestling with our wrestling coach for about 5 minutes near the end of training.
Both standing like you see pregame, shoulder and arm into each other and then on his back where he needed to try and fight his way to the top.

After this he then stood and had a laugh with Sam.
I’d say he’s playing.

With Scrimshaw out and Sicily assumed injured we will need Hardwick in defence to lead it.

I wonder if we will role the dice on Jiath, at least he has senior experience.

Phillips and Serong will leave us very inexperienced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CJ played wing at box hill Last weeks defence went OK so I can’t imagine both scrim and Serong changed.

So who makes way for CJ? Not a defender perhaps.

CJ played wing at box hill Last weeks defence went OK so I can’t imagine both scrim and Serong changed.

So who makes way for CJ? Not a defender perhaps.

I'd say Maginess or Mitchell (with Hardwick moving back) are the most likely.

Or maybe Mackenzie is rested?

ROUND 10 SQUAD
Yartapuulti v Hawthorn
Sunday 19 May
Adelaide Oval, 3.20pm AEST

B:
Jarman Impey, Sam Frost, Josh Weddle
HB: Karl Amon, Ethan Phillips, Jai Serong
C: Seamus Mitchell, Conor Nash, Blake Hardwick
HF: Will Day, Connor Macdonald, Nick Watson
F: Jack Ginnivan, Luke Breust, Mabior Chol
R: Lloyd Meek, Jai Newcombe, Dylan Moore

INT (from): Cam Mackenzie, Finn Maginness, Massimo D'Ambrosio, Bailey Macdonald, Changkuoth Jiath, James Worpel, Max Ramsden, Calsher Dear

In: Ethan Phillips, Mabior Chol, Bailey Macdonald, Max Ramsden, Changkuoth Jiath

Out: Jack Scrimshaw (suspension), Jack Gunston (managed)

No Ryan.

crowd riot GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back