Game Day Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
St-Kilda-vs-Fremantle.png

Really hoping this game can arrest the downward momentum and make it fun to be a Saints fan again, and for the players to enjoy themselves.

I won't hold my breath waiting but what is supporting about if not to bounce between hope and disappointment?

Might be quite the dour affair, hopefully we can get some quick ball movement happening and find some space. Watching the Swans tear Carlton apart in the second half last night with precise ball movement and fast gut running was great to watch, a vastly different spectacle to what our games have become.

I thought I'd stick up for Rooey on this. As I've posted before. Riewoldt wasn't the friendliest bloke back in his playing days but I chatted to him a few years ago after he'd retired.

When I asked if he was going to get involved in the club he said he didn't want to be one of those ex players that meddle or words to that effect.

Said if and when he gets involved again he would rather be all in than someone half-in working against what the admin are trying to do. Actually respect that.

Unfortunately that won't happen until we are completely out of finals , when we will win 3 or 4 games in row and everyone will ask where that has been all year.

Yep, you can easily write the script for the Saints. We'll look like getting a top 3 pick and then have a few noble victories late and finish 9th while everyone else is trying to tank for picks.

We'll just miss out on the best mid in the draft and take a West Australian diabetic midget with go home factor but potentially the best back pocket ever to come out of the Coolgardie.

That’s good. Stops all this absolute belief on click bait stories about Reiwoldt.

Because Roo is infallible?

Heaven forbid!

Anyway, tough match. Freo were no where near prepared last week for a match with the news of McCarthy. The question will be, has this week been just as draining or are they going to come out focused against us. They might not have the strongest forward line but mids and backline are pretty strong.

Based on our formline I don't see us winning. It's fairly obvious but the first 30 minutes will dictate everything. If we start the way we have the last month and a half we are in strife.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross and Membrey "managed" could be a bit of a changing of the guard moment.

Let's hope the inclusions can step up. Their midfield looks to be on another level to ours so they'll take some beating.

The group really needs a good win. Then maybe we can try to find some form and momentum.

Having said that I feel we're up against it here. Personally I'd have Freo favourites, I wonder if their odds will come in before the game like the Dogs did when we played them.

I thought I'd stick up for Rooey on this. As I've posted before. Riewoldt wasn't the friendliest bloke back in his playing days but I chatted to him a few years ago after he'd retired.

When I asked if he was going to get involved in the club he said he didn't want to be one of those ex players that meddle or words to that effect.

Said if and when he gets involved again he would rather be all in than someone half-in working against what the admin are trying to do. Actually respect that.
Surely when his hero/mentor is back coaching the team, coinciding with his successor struggling with his confidence and playing identity, would be the time though. Rather than criticising from a comfy seat on the media couch anyway.

I suppose it's on the club to reach out really, but I don't see what his motivation is for cutting Max down a bit more (with accurate critique), when he really doesn't have to.

Deleted post
It's a chance to learn about the history of the area. People were calling it that hundreds or even thousands of years ago. That's pretty awesome and a cool thing to know. The spelling doesn't really matter whether it's "Euro Yroke" or "Yoo-ro yoo-roke" because it wasn't used in a written language, it was a spoken language only.

It's just acknowledging the history of the area. I don't see the need to take the piss out of it and call it 'woke', it's real human history and that's important.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heaven forbid!

Anyway, tough match. Freo were no where near prepared last week for a match with the news of McCarthy. The question will be, has this week been just as draining or are they going to come out focused against us. They might not have the strongest forward line but mids and backline are pretty strong.

Based on our formline I don't see us winning. It's fairly obvious but the first 30 minutes will dictate everything. If we start the way we have the last month and a half we are in strife.

Heaven forbid!

All good mate. My experience tells me to question the motivation of journalists first.

Go saints!

It's a chance to learn about the history of the area. People were calling it that hundreds or even thousands of years ago. That's pretty awesome and a cool thing to know. The spelling doesn't really matter whether it's "Euro Yroke" or "Yoo-ro yoo-roke" because it wasn't used in a written language, it was a spoken language only.

It's just acknowledging the history of the area. I don't see the need to take the piss out of it and call it 'woke', it's real human history and that's important.
Great post.

I freely admit that I had at times in the past dismissed certain things like this. But when you really take a step back and think about it, it’s a whole new depth to existing things that we can all appreciate and embrace. It’s not at the exclusion of our actual name, it’s an enhancement to our identity and a layering of who we are and a branch of our history. Most of the most important things in life have more than one name or description, and this is adding to that as well.

Hey now I hate learning things and respecting different ideas. Plz go back to your local lefty social media website, wokebook I think it is.

deleted post
It’s a nice acknowledgement of the club’s indigenous players and supporters that means something to them and does not affect you in any way whatsoever.
If you’re so offended by it, I’m sure there is something wonderful for you to watch on Sky News tonight instead of watching the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
St Kilda's woke stances are good for the bottom line and ultimately that's why they do it.

It's become part of our branding. Pride game, Euro-Yroke, etc.

How many times did Saints wear their indigenous guernsey last year and/or the one that looks like Adelaide Crows? Quite a few and I bet they sold a few thousand of them. You often see pride merch at Saints games.

I'm a bit ambivalent about it but you can mount a strong argument it helps the club.

St Kilda's woke stances are good for the bottom line and ultimately that's why they do it.

It's become part of our branding. Pride game, Euro-Yroke, etc.

How many times did Saints wear their indigenous guernsey last year and/or the one that looks like Adelaide Crows? Quite a few and I bet they sold a few thousand of them. You often see pride merch at Saints games.

I'm a bit ambivalent about it but you can mount a strong argument it helps the club.

The fact you use the term woke tells me you are probably offended.

Chill out its really no big deal. It doesn't really help the club much neither does it hurt the club.

But it's certainly something the indiginous players on our list feel a sense of pride in and it helps them feel good about the environment we are creating for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back