Preview Round 10 Changes v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictable, boring and safe as always.

Some of these players in the B22 could have their legs chopped off and the MC idiots would be the ones in more mental anguish still trying to drop them.

So what does he bring to the team? See if you can answer it.
Wathcingthe game from a distance, not close up TV shots. YOu can see he reads the play. he knows where the ball is going next . so either runs ti fill a gap in defence or places himself in a postion to reviece the next hand ball or kick.
He is regularly near the ball when it is being contentested.

So i would say that is his role in the team. Be an option for those younger players when they get caught. provide verbal and physicial support

It’s obvious they’ve given everyone an out because of the circumstances last week, and in that sense it’s understandable but no changes is still a horrible decision objectively, when there is 9 weeks of form to look at, we have plodders in the side and Peel are going as well as they are. I just hate our Match Committee and the way they think honestly, you can spot it a mile away every time.

Wathcingthe game from a distance, not close up TV shots. YOu can see he reads the play. he knows where the ball is going next . so either runs ti fill a gap in defence or places himself in a postion to reviece the next hand ball or kick.

So i would say that is his role in the team. Be an option for those younger players when they get caught. provide verbal and physicial support

I actually have the opposite reaction. At the game I barely notice him but when I watch again on TV I see all the little touches and he was working hard defensively in the forward half laying tackles.
The guy can football he’s just lost the peak physical attributes that could have made him elite like explosive lateral movement and burst speed.
What is inexcusable is his goal kicking. With what he offers he should be bankable whenever he gets a chance. He’s the opposite.

In terms of team selection by every stat (except goals) last week we did play well. We controlled more plays & created plenty of chances to win that. Probably the only players down by numbers & influence were Clark, Freddy & maybe Ryan. Sydney clearly had specific plans for Clark & Ryan. I don’t know if they sat on Freddy too but he was nowhere near it. Looked lost at times like he did in his early days.

Without Darcy/Cox this is probably our best 22 at this stage in terms of how we seem to want to play.

Who do the Peel guys replace though?

Brodie can't play anywhere other than the centre square and none of Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Fyfe deserve to be dropped on form. Johnson has performed better in the last couple getting some more time in the middle.

Sharp is a lock on one wing and players are being rotated through the other already because there isn't enough time for everyone already.

Erasmus could be trialled in JOM/Emmett/Switkowski's position but he is an accumulator at WAFL level rather than a speedy or defensive player.

Banfield is doing perfectly well and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

So outside JOM, who are you dropping?

Is it?
We kicked four goals at home against a contender, so we have ample proof the offence is a ness. There's no WAFL game this week, and we're playing a team that isn't a contender. I can't think of a better time to try something different
We can't discount the impact of the death of McCarthy on the players added to a 5 day break. This week is telling. If we stuff this up then your argument is sound.

But how much of that was Banfield already doing while doing other stuff JOM hasn't done? Like I'm not as anti-JOM as most here, but it feels like that role was earmarked for Jaeger before the season started, then Banfield gets a shot there due to injury and thrives, and now that Jaeger has played his way into fitness Banfield has to give that role up despite not putting a foot wrong and being in great form. It's sort of the story of Banfield's career: he gets his shot due to circumstances, does well, only to still be 1 bad game or an injured player returning away from being dropped (or in this case, losing his role but retaining his place, and being a less effective player because of it).

We can't discount the impact of the death of McCarthy on the players added to a 5 day break. This week is telling. If we stuff this up then your argument is sound.

The thing is, it’s the same guys underperforming. I mean Fyfe had a howler, but otherwise most others were give or take around how they perform.

It wasn’t like our midfield were completely absent and therefore hard to judge the forwards. We kept pumping it inside 50m and had nothing.

Who do the Peel guys replace though?

Brodie can't play anywhere other than the centre square and none of Serong, Brayshaw, Young, Fyfe deserve to be dropped on form. Johnson has performed better in the last couple getting some more time in the middle.

Sharp is a lock on one wing and players are being rotated through the other already because there isn't enough time for everyone already.

Erasmus could be trialled in JOM/Emmett/Switkowski's position but he is an accumulator at WAFL level rather than a speedy or defensive player.

Banfield is doing perfectly well and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

So outside JOM, who are you dropping?
Fwiw JL did mention in the presser that Raz has been given more wing time at WAFL and maybe that's where he gets his shot. Though, as you hinted, the #1 thing he does, getting it in the middle, isn't a position he can contend for.

I missed last week game but I reckon emotionally just park it and move on. It would have been hard if we were playing North let alone a top 4 side.

I reckon wait to see where we are at during the bye.

3 tricky games ahead will give us a great gauge where we are at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But how much of that was Banfield already doing while doing other stuff JOM hasn't done? Like I'm not as anti-JOM as most here, but it feels like that role was earmarked for Jaeger before the season started, then Banfield gets a shot there due to injury and thrives, and now that Jaeger has played his way into fitness Banfield has to give that role up despite not putting a foot wrong and being in great form. It's sort of the story of Banfield's career: he gets his shot due to circumstances, does well, only to still be 1 bad game or an injured player returning away from being dropped (or in this case, losing his role but retaining his place, and being a less effective player because of it).
Team depth , Need to be able perform in multiple positions and that is as big tick for Banfield (who sadly is another player many on BFF want to see dropped)

Amiss is also looking proppy lately. He's had a concussion, been ragdolled by Richmond, and was hardly sighted last game.
Kid could probably do with a week off

played 58 of 63 before that though...

Lmao i love in the media when they concoct trends from a completely arbitrary period as if Sean Darcy plays 2 out of every 17 games. Very excited for Sean's 12th game at the tail end of this season

Why do we play s**t players

What's the Erasmus, Brodie and Wagner may as well be traded.

Tell me one good game Omera has played. He is a waste of a best 22 position. Utter useless and getting paid good money to relax into a nice retirement. He must love his lucrative no strings attached contract.

Banfield only has to play good occasionally.
I would of made a bare minimum 2 changes.

Any 2 of erasmus, Brodie and Wagner should of been in. Erasmus and Broadie could play in the midfield and forward flanks. Wagner can play in the middle or half back flank.

Hell, I would bring in Wagner on the back flank if it frees up walker to play on a wing or half forward flank.

Again, I wanted Liam Reidy to have a debut game. Its in Victoria. Darcy isnt in the team, so obviously he is injured.

So he's there for verbal support

He runs around a finds some spots on the ground where the ball is

Yet he doesn't actually get the ball.

So players don't actually have to get the ball anymore they just need to say some good things. What a flipping joke

Yeah I'm not particularly comfortable with no changes, but understand the circumstances why.

With O'Meara I tend to think there's a subconscious bias that creeps in, most others are still in on merit or perceived potential.

Yeah I'm not particularly comfortable with no changes, but understand the circumstances why.

With O'Meara I tend to think there's a subconscious bias that creeps in, most others are still in on merit or perceived potential.
And when they drop him they will have to admit they have farked it ..

Like I said, O'Meara is not going to get dropped, plain and simple. We can continue to complain, it's never going to happen.

I agree. Banfield was playing career best football & is a very effective winger.
I feel like we’re effectively making the team worse by putting him forward just so we can fit Johnson & O’Meara in.
But I want Johnson playing so no idea what to do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back