Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry D? Jiath ..
Jaith too
I did mention Harry I believe.
Parker will be a special player as well. Even though we didnt draft him, but he has such composure and a good ball user by foot, I reckon we may have stolen one here.

Jaith too
I did mention Harry I believe.
Parker will be a special player as well. Even though we didnt draft him, but he has such composure and a good ball user by foot, I reckon we may have stolen one here.
Agree here, Parker is going to be a steal.

In Bali and saw this real copy

View attachment 1991535

Salesperson: I’ll give you a discount Boss

Me: You can never discount Collingwood

Oppo teams are chasing our 2023 gameplan

We've evolved

Adelaide to cop a drive-by

Collingwood by 64 points
Looks like the crappy Star Athletic jumpers we wore a few years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since when do we devalue a players Goal contribution on the basis that Finn was given the opportunity ( via a kick or handball) by another player. That's just flawed logic, given almost 100% of goals result from an earlier possessions by a team mate.
Unless its a goal from a dispossession of an opponent, a Ruckman taking the ball at stoppage and kicking a goal, or a player kicking it to himself in a kick out and then running the whole length of the field to goal.
And I've never seen the later!!
All goals are equal I see.

Joe the goose is as valued as a shot from 50 on the siren to win the game.
Please.

Super intrigued to watch what we do CBA wise tomorrow.

I’ve long been an advocate that JDG and Nick in CB is a losing formula.

Is it any coincidence that last two weeks with JDG (and against two ok sides at CB…albeit WCE with Yeo)….we’ve looked unbelievable?

I want to believe it’s coincidence…..but I don’t think it is.

Nick or JDG. Not both. With what Nick has done last 2 weeks not playing second fiddle to JDG in CB…he’s been great. Albeit WCE played him poorly in the first half by allowing him to run freely.

So if they play JDG in middle, nick starts off HB.
If they start JDG HF, Nick starts in middle.

Suspect they’ll start both in CB….which is why I’m really keen to see it work.

It’s a really interesting watch IMO.

Is it any coincidence that last two weeks with JDG (and against two ok sides at CB…albeit WCE with Yeo)….we’ve looked unbelievable?

Nick or JDG. Not both. With what Nick has done last 2 weeks not playing second fiddle to JDG in CB…he’s been great. Albeit WCE played him poorly in the first half by allowing him to run freely.

Totally 💯% agree with you on this Mr Village been thinking same, ask Jen for Flys mobile 📞 number & text him this asap 👍👍😝😝😝

Totally 💯% agree with you on this Mr Village been thinking same, ask Jen for Flys mobile 📞 number & text him this asap 👍👍😝😝😝
I want them to work as much as anybody.
Superstars and we all want that to succeed.

But IM9 CB is as much about defending as it is about offense. Having 2 out of 3 pure offense (on the move) is absolutely the highest risk/reward you can get.

Also need to clarify….its not a “losing formula”. But over the course of a game I don’t think it’s a “winning formula”. If that makes sense.

Nick is easier to manhandle, which is what WCE didn’t do.
JDG is less agile so can’t transition to D easier.

Hence why having both, who just charge through….is not the balance we want at CB.

I want them to work as much as anybody.
Superstars and we all want that to succeed.

But IM9 CB is as much about defending as it is about offense. Having 2 out of 3 pure offense (on the move) is absolutely the highest risk/reward you can get.

Also need to clarify….its not a “losing formula”. But over the course of a game I don’t think it’s a “winning formula”. If that makes sense.

Nick is easier to manhandle, which is what WCE didn’t do.
JDG is less agile so can’t transition to D easier.

Hence why having both, who just charge through….is not the balance we want at CB.
Yep 👍, no harm in mixing it up in the guts, even if it’s not always JD & Nick, hopefully Jordy can regain his burst power asap, also like to see Naicos take some kick outs as he seems to always hit a target & create link ups. Hopefully Sullivan can become a regular in & under option & Richards continues to impress, if he can continue to lower eyes and deliver it to our forwards it will be awesome for his fellow mossy fleet ,as well as snag a few himself 😃 . Excited by the newbies to date & hopefully by those to follow, be icing on the 🧁 if Krueger n AJ rise again …..
Caaarn the Pies tomoz 👍

Nick and JDG worked beautifully last year consistently. It’s no coincidence that they combined from the centre square in the grand final to out the final nail in Brisbanes coffin.

Am I reading it right?

If every team above us in the 8 loses this weekend then we can jump as high as 3 provided we win too.

Nick and JDG worked beautifully last year consistently. It’s no coincidence that they combined from the centre square in the grand final to out the final nail in Brisbanes coffin.
Well that's true. Our Premiership flag actually depended on the Daicos-JDG synergy at cb.
I would attribute the lack of impact from these two collaborating in the cb far more to our slow start than to any inherent flaws in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back