Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since 2/3 of Sullivan's sample size comes in the form of a West Coast shellacking, I wouldn't be reading too much into the numbers.
He performed well in the hottest of hotseats in the Blues clash in front of near 90 k and was as calm and poised as any player on the ground. He has already passed the test. He is ready to go whenever DeGoey, Pendles, Crispy or Nick are injured.

Mitchell likely has a "hot spot" in his foot. They can be tricky to manage.

If it wasn't for the 3 forced outs I wouldn't be rushing him back but the cupboard is getting bare so if he completes the main training session he's every chance to return.

Perhaps we will ease him back via the sub position.

I don’t think that’s right. He reportedly has plantar fasciitis, which is nothing like a hot-spot. A hot spot is more like an early stage stress fracture.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just watched Wadey's report. He was emphatic in reassuring us that Jamie's injury is actually not even related to his back. Jamie was complaining of pain in the foot, which our medical team suspected was related to his back. But further tests showed that it was not back-related, but was vascular. Wadey repeated several times for emphasis that we have a diagnosis, it is vascular and not related to the back, it is minor, and is readily treatable.
I feel relieved after watching this, and recommend others who are worried about Jamie to watch it.

Throw it out there. If we had a full squad to choose from (including our latest ins) and we were playing in the GF this week, who’s in and who misses out?

The only certain exclusion is Murphy.

Mitchell likely has a "hot spot" in his foot. They can be tricky to manage.

If it wasn't for the 3 forced outs I wouldn't be rushing him back but the cupboard is getting bare so if he completes the main training session he's every chance to return.

Perhaps we will ease him back via the sub position.
Could he do a Rob Harvey and jump off the roof?
No point risking while we have depth playing well.
6-8 week rehab/training block a few games Rd 17-19 than comes under consideration for best23 last month as we gear up.
Was out of firm and no longer best 22 guarentee

So it sounds like DeGoey and Mitchell both only need to get through fitness tests/training this week to be selected. Our kids have stood up very well but both of those two would be very welcome inclusions.

I think it will against quality sides. As games wear on and the pressure is red hot you just have to have those players you can use the "get out of jail" kick on top of their heads knowing at worst there will be a contest and the ball will come to ground.

Smaller players like Howe and Reef get tired leaping and competing against much bigger opponents. I think Cox and Kreuger might relieve some pressure and bring our mosquito fleet into the game.
With Cox, we just need to get him to lead and kick it in front of him, not on his head, because he is easily moved off the ball.
With the ball out in front, no defender will get near spoiling him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Foot soreness potentially back related, ends up being vascular (blood circulation). Sounds like my issues.
Vascular?? He is not an 80 year old man. How would a 31yo elite athlete have vascular issues? Unless it's a knock on effect from a collision other serious injury or a medical issue with some other cause???

He performed well in the hottest of hotseats in the Blues clash in front of near 90 k and was as calm and poised as any player on the ground. He has already passed the test. He is ready to go whenever DeGoey, Pendles, Crispy or Nick are injured.

Jaysus Domey - the initial contention that started this was that Sullivan has gone past Mitchell.

Some of you need to try harder. At reading

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Losing De Goey and Mitchell was of course a big blow, but our midfield has looked far better without them. Both Crisp and Nick are dominating with the extra midfield minutes.

It's going to be interesting to see how we handle this for the rest of the year and what we settle on as our best mix. No suggestion that De Goey won't be there, but maybe we consider some forward minutes for him. Mitchell I'm not so sure about. To me, Nick and Crisp are our highest impact mids as they're able to cleanly exit clearances.
I’d be happy to see DeGoey return to playing forward for a bit.

I don’t think that’s right. He reportedly has plantar fasciitis, which is nothing like a hot-spot. A hot spot is more like an early stage stress fracture.

Plantar fasciitis is a bastard.
I've had episodes of it.
You get up in the morning and you can barely walk, let alone run.
it settles when it settles, unfortunately.
Hopefully, for Titch, it will resolve quickly.

Plantar fasciitis is a bitch! I have had it and you can’t even stand on your heels without terrible pain.

I’ve managed mine by ridding my diet of any inflammatory foods. Barely an issue now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back