Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally prefer a larger body of work.

Players can have one off great/terrible performances that belie their standard

Kinda like my hyper focus on Sidebottom. Many will look at the West Coast game and claim he’s back. I’d prefer to see him string a bunch of performances together before proclaiming that.

Because across the season, the West Coast game is the outlier. The West Coast game was almost closer to 2018 Steele. While it’s probably unrealistic to expect to ever see 2018 Steele again, what we got on Sunday is a more than acceptable replacement in 2024
The West Coast game is an outlier for Sidebottom. But he also changed role to half back. I’m eager to see whether the change in role will hold up against other teams.

Are you on drugs? He hasnt won a one on one contest this year, a key component to being a backman, Having watched every game he has played this , if he did I was taking a coffee or toilet break, Big Footy overates this guy beyond belief, Just as they keep bagging WHE. And the clubs selectors keep upsetting them by doing whats right and best for the team ( i.e keeping the excellent WHE in side and leaving Deran to learn his craft in the magoos) I have a small smidgin of belief Dean may learn that skills needed, but he is not required in this current excellent AFL team
I wish I was on drugs, that time is long gone......

Geez how much time do you spend in the toilet? I'm not overrating him, just looking at his last couple of weeks in the VFL where he is as fly says "playing above the level".

Him coming in means we can move some other pieces around to fix our issues in the forward line.

Btw WHE rocks.

He just needs as many games as possible. He will be good though

Oh I think he will be too

I find it difficult to believe a player that was found to be the best defender in the VFL suddenly becomes terrible at AFL level

It’s not impossible mind you, just seems unlikely to me

don't think Krueger unless we want to be one man down early again ...id consider JDG if fit, reef and cox as talls/ kpfs

I don’t have an opinion on this, but to see this phrase in relation to Frampton is not something Port or Crows supporters ever expected to read haha
Billy Frampton has played in more home and away games with crowds of 70,000 or more than Adelaide and Port Adelaide combined.

You probably weren't expecting that either.

Billy Frampton has played in more home and away games with crowds of 70,000 or more than Adelaide and Port Adelaide combined.

You probably weren't expecting that either.
What on earth has that got to do with my post? No need to get defensive.

He was a very maligned player at Port and the Crows and had one very good game as an intercept defender with us against the Bulldogs in Ballarat which clearly got him his lifeline with Collingwood. I don’t think anyone in Victoria would’ve known who he was before that game. None of us have anything against Billy, it’s great seeing him make the most of his last chance at AFL level, it just wasn’t something any of us in Adelaide would’ve expected given his first 8 years in the comp were fairly mediocre.

Was always funny seeing him give the middle finger to opposition supporters at sanfl games, he always gave it back if anyone was giving him lip!

What on earth has that got to do with my post? No need to get defensive.

He was a very maligned player at Port and the Crows and had one very good game as an intercept defender with us against the Bulldogs in Ballarat which clearly got him his lifeline with Collingwood. None of us have anything against Billy, it’s great seeing him make the most of his last chance at AFL level, it just wasn’t something any of us in Adelaide would’ve expected given his first 8 years in the comp were fairly mediocre.

Was always funny seeing him give the middle finger to opposition supporters at sanfl games, he always gave it back if anyone was giving him lip!
Love Big Bill's aggro & cheekiness. Always the first to jump into any player melee & push & shove.

I wish I was on drugs, that time is long gone......

Geez how much time do you spend in the toilet? I'm not overrating him, just looking at his last couple of weeks in the VFL where he is as fly says "playing above the level".

Him coming in means we can move some other pieces around to fix our issues in the forward line.

Btw WHE rocks.
Yes WHE most versatile player in the team ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t have an opinion on this, but to see this phrase in relation to Frampton is not something Port or Crows supporters ever expected to read haha
Yeah some players just do better at other clubs, he is following a similar path to Darcy Cameron (similar trade as well) where i just trust him at the point because he does the job each week even if at previous club he struggled to perform

Yeah some players just do better at other clubs, he is following a similar path to Darcy Cameron (similar trade as well) where i just trust him at the point because he does the job each week even if at previous club he struggled to perform
Ben Keays is that player with us. I guess sometimes players take a bit longer and nearly losing that opportunity to play AFL sparks them into action.

The selection committee already did earlier this season when Dean played or did you miss those games?
Yes i saw those games, and he completely spudded it up and was was dropped, Didnt you notice him not sitting up on your most high pedestal? But anyway thanks for fully supporting my case, my work here is done it seems.

Yes i saw those games, and he completely spudded it up and was was dropped, Didnt you notice him not sitting up on your most high pedestal? But anyway thanks for fully supporting my case, my work here is done it seems.

It's not a case of him getting dropped, and mind you this is a guy coming off a serious foot injury, and missing two consecutive seasons of footy, so a fair effort to come back and play senior footy, but your statement of him not getting noticed by the selection committee is completely false as he has already played senior footy and will play more, maybe even this weekend.

It's not a case of him getting dropped, and mind you this is a guy coming off a serious foot injury, and missing two consecutive seasons of footy, so a fair effort to come back and play senior footy, but your statement of him not getting noticed by the selection committee is completely false as he has already played senior footy and will play more, maybe even this weekend.
replacing who? Moore , Frampton? .....lmfao

I watched the Kayo mini of our round 15 game against Adelaide at the G last year. The game where Ben Keays took Cox's glasses!! Clown.

We got up by 34 points points in the latter part of the 2nd quarter, but allowed Adelaide a 48 point turnaround to have them up by 14 points later in the 3rd quarter. Obviously hung on to win by 2 points, but never should have been in doubt with the start we had.

We're a better side since round 3 than we were last year. I have no doubt about that.

I personally prefer a larger body of work.

Players can have one off great/terrible performances that belie their standard

Kinda like my hyper focus on Sidebottom. Many will look at the West Coast game and claim he’s back. I’d prefer to see him string a bunch of performances together before proclaiming that.

Because across the season, the West Coast game is the outlier. The West Coast game was almost closer to 2018 Steele. While it’s probably unrealistic to expect to ever see 2018 Steele again, what we got on Sunday is a more than acceptable replacement in 2024
He's been really solid in the VFL. He's a tidy smart player. Strength and contested work are the areas that need to improve based on his AFL outings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back