Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what goes through people's heads sometimes. I thought our forward line looks even better this week
Just some bait to get a nibble or two.

Surprised to see Jordy back. He and Shultz for Bytel and Howe makes our net changes an improvement, not a loss. And probably reduces the need to pick a tall for the sake of picking a tall…. He’s that good… will be interested to se3 if he plays forward.

Bytel would probably have made room anyway regardless of injury.

Now on Harvey watch. Maybe he’s sub if he passes the physical, if not lots of choices including Ed. Kreugs on the sub bench building up his energy and anger has some appeal to it….

1715853156495.jpeg

Last edited:

I like the selections. It is great news that Jordie is available. It looks like we will be playing him forward, with Fin and Sulli both playing in the midfield. I think sub will be either Richards or HH.
I loved Richards' game last week, as we all did.
HH would be in a state of pristine freshness, having played only a quarter last week.
Not sure which way to go.
But all in all, a significantly stronger team on paper than last week.
The forward line has no height, but you can't help but feel it is extraordinarily dynamic and dangerous when the ball hits the ground,
Great to see Kreuger named as emergency. He is edging his way forward to possible senior selection.

Howe was playing forward .. so think again
How only played forward because west coasts tall forwards were a negligible threat outside of Darling. Any club with multiple tall forwards like Adelaide will require a third tall intercepting defender and Dean fits that bill well. Open your eyes.

How only played forward because west coasts tall forwards were a negligible threat outside of Darling. Any club with multiple tall forwards like Adelaide will require a third tall intercepting defender and Dean fits that bill well. Open your eyes.
Don’t we play more of a zone defence?
Maybe we can get away with two tall defenders with guys like Maynard coming into spoil.

I like the selections. It is great news that Jordie is available. It looks like we will be playing him forward, with Fin and Sulli both playing in the midfield. I think sub will be either Richards or HH.
I loved Richards' game last week, as we all did.
HH would be in a state of pristine freshness, having played only a quarter last week.
Not sure which way to go.
But all in all, a significantly stronger team on paper than last week.
The forward line has no height, but you can't help but feel it is extraordinarily dynamic and dangerous when the ball hits the ground,
Great to see Kreuger named as emergency. He is edging his way forward to possible senior selection.

You’ll find fin will play the role he played last week. Half forward and floating up the ground. Jordy was with the midfield group today and played there in match sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adelaide aren't exactly land of the giants. Walker 192cm, Himmelberg 196cm and Fogarty 192cm. We'd be complaining if all our talls were that short

Don’t we play more of a zone defence?
Maybe we can get away with two tall defenders with guys like Maynard coming into spoil.
We do, and given Dean is only an emergency I guess the club is backing in last weeks structure. The point was more that just because Howe played forward for a single week doesn’t mean his role down back doesn’t exist anymore.

Adelaide aren't exactly land of the giants. Walker 192cm, Himmelberg 196cm and Fogarty 192cm. We'd be complaining if all our talls were that short
I swear to god he was listed at 194 12 months ago. Now he’s listed at 192 on the afl site but 194 on the SANFL site. So confusing 😆

He doesn't want to come back. Happy just to hide away in the jungles here. Call me , Colonel Walter E. Kurtz.
I was supposed to return last Xmas but can't be fecked.
Loving life here.
Yes, Thailand in trouble whilst I am running amuck.
The horror, the horror.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’ll find fin will play the role he played last week. Half forward and floating up the ground. Jordy was with the midfield group today and played there in match sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, of course, makes total sense for Fin to play high half forward, as this is the role where he can play at his best. My only concern then is: who then will offer an aerial challenge for the Crows' defence? Who will be bringing the ball to ground so that the brilliant dynamics of our small forwards can smash it at ground level?
Cox can do it sometimes, but he is not a natural forward.
Kind of would have liked to see Kreuger selected for this reason, to add balance to the forward line structure.

Yes, of course, makes total sense for Fin to play high half forward, as this is the role where he can play at his best. My only concern then is: who then will offer an aerial challenge for the Crows' defence? Who will be bringing the ball to ground so that the brilliant dynamics of our small forwards can smash it at ground level?
Kind of would have liked to see Kreuger selected for this reason, to add balance to the forward line structure.
Reef was consistently bringing the ball to ground against Barass and McGovern last week in aerial contests, have a little faith.

That’s exactly what we did for the last two weeks. Two weeks back Mihocek was a non event and last week Howe was out of action by quarter time. We still managed to great multiple goal opportunities for the smalls.

TBH I’m still staggered at the stunningly quick turnaround in the thinking that high half forward is Fins position after reading for the past three years that he’s an inside mid or bust. Maybe we should not write players off or pigeon hole them too soon. Ironically his brother has reinvented himself somewhat as a forward as well.

Last edited:
Surely Harrison doesn’t play and Dean comes in.
dean for HH ?????? oh I see like for like ... :p
N Daicos would be close to the fittest in the comp, I doubt Edward is anywhere near him!
Watch Flys presser - you might be a tad embarassed with that comment I in case you cant be bothered he said Allans is teh FITTEST at the club...)

As i predicted your Dean Fantasy is still awaiting fruition , as the dumb Pies Selection committee and dumb coaches seemed to disagree with you again, history repeats , Close your laptop, stop posting silly replies as your "open eyes" are deceiving you once again.

As i predicted your Dean Fantasy is still awaiting fruition , as the dumb Pies Selection committee and dumb coaches seemed to disagree with you again, history repeats , Close your laptop, stop posting silly replies as your "open eyes" are deceiving you once again.
Who the **** uses BigFooty on a computer? Have I been transported back to 2005?

That aside, I don’t actually have a Dean “fantasy”, that’s just something you made up, angry boy. I haven’t campaigned for his selection in any way, all I’ve said is that:
1. You’ve judged him too harshly based on early this year (I don’t believe for a second you’ve been watching VFL tbh)

And

2. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Howe as a 3rd tall if the selectors wanted to go that way.

Clearly they’re not concerned with height against Adelaide, as has been pointed out, because they only have 1 forward over 192cm. Against a taller forward line selection might have been different, but that’s pure speculation obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back