Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the heck uses BigFooty on a computer? Have I been transported back to 2005?

That aside, I don’t actually have a Dean “fantasy”, that’s just something you made up, angry boy. I haven’t campaigned for his selection in any way, all I’ve said is that:
1. You’ve judged him too harshly based on early this year (I don’t believe for a second you’ve been watching VFL tbh)

And

2. He would be a more than adequate replacement for Howe as a 3rd tall if the selectors wanted to go that way.

Clearly they’re not concerned with height against Adelaide, as has been pointed out, because they only have 1 forward over 192cm. Against a taller forward line selection might have been different, but that’s pure speculation obviously.
14 marks in the VFL last week. He's going to be good I think. Just need to keep getting games into him. Nothing wrong with your assessment of Dean

It might be stiff to make Richards or Sullivan the sub but it was also stiff to drop Johnson after kicking 3(?) last year, but that's where he sat in the pecking order at that time. If a JDG comes back and pushes Sully back into sub then so be it.
Not sure what De Goey has to do with it. At the end of the day it's about selection integrity. When a player takes their chance they need to be rewarded regardless of whatever hypothetical pecking order there is. Richards played a better game on the weekend than any of Schultz's this year and Schultz got suspended so Richards holds his spot. Sullivan has looked good in the midfield and at half forward so holds his spot over Fin who hasn't looked nearly as capable in both parts of the ground.

Last edited:
dean for HH ?????? oh I see like for like ... :p

Watch Flys presser - you might be a tad embarassed with that comment I in case you cant be bothered he said Allans is teh FITTEST at the club...)

very surprised he said it and can only take it at face value, but there is no f-ing way he will run like ND at the end of actual games, as I’m not seeing anyone else in the comp do it. If he does, then I’ll be happy for all of us

Not sure what De Goey has to do with it. At the end of the day it's about selection integrity. When a player that takes their chance they need to be rewarded regardless of whatever hypothetical pecking order there is. Richards played a better game on the weekend than any of Schultz's this year and Schultz got suspended so Richards holds his spot. Sullivan has looked good in the midfield and at half forward so holds his spot over Fin who hasn't looked nearly as capable in both parts of the ground. Yes he got three goals but that was all of off the back of Richards.
Fin ran his guts out last week. His link up play was really good and ran into space perfectly. I was a bit sus on him but all Richards did was chose the right option and Fin was the who provided 3 brilliant options.

14 marks in the VFL last week. He's going to be good I think. Just need to keep getting games into him. Nothing wrong with your assessment of Dean
He’s obviously still a work in progress, but he clearly has the tools.

Some other tools can’t see that though I guess.

Fin ran his guts out last week. His link up play was really good and ran into space perfectly. I was a bit sus on him but all Richards did was chose the right option and Fin was the who provided 3 brilliant options.
I don’t think we should be trying to talk down either of Fin or Richards games last week. They were both excellent in their own right in different ways and worked together beautifully on several occasions.

I don’t think we should be trying to talk down either of Fin or Richards games last week. They were both excellent in their own right in different ways and worked together beautifully on several occasions.
I'm very happy with both. It also takes a good player to find good options like Richards did. I was just pointing out that Joe didn't do it all, Fin was also a big part of it. We have a couple of good ones there

I have never seen a forward line this bad line up for us. I give us zero chance of kicking a winning score.

With Howe out, I’m really surprised that we didn’t select Kreuger or even Johnson to give us a forward marking target. Having Cox and Reef as our only tall targets is a bit of a worry. Gonna need lots of goals for our mids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With Howe out, I’m really surprised that we didn’t select Kreuger or even Johnson to give us a forward marking target. Having Cox and Reef as our only tall targets is a bit of a worry. Gonna need lots of goals for our mids.

Got some handy little fellas that can snag a few.

we have been kicking a score from every second entry, as Fly said , it is not the size of the players , it's just bring ball to ground and take it from there which we have done with aplomb.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a gift if he keeps being an emg. The coaches clearly see something, and he almost debuted about this time last year also.

Doubt Allan will be the carry over 2 weeks in a row so either Kreuger or Dean you'd assume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back