Preview Round 10 vs Melbourne IN: Fletcher, Jetta, Hardingham; OUT: McVeigh, Slattery, Pears

Remove this Banner Ad

Side vs Melbourne (IN: Fletcher, Jetta, Hardingham; OUT: McVeigh (calf), Slattery, Pears)

B: Hooker, Fletcher, Dempsey
HB: Dyson, Hardingham, Carlisle
C: Zaharakis, Watson, Stanton
HF: Monfries, Crameri, Ryder
F: Jetta, Hurley, Davey
R: Bellchambers, Howlett, Hocking
I: Melksham, Lovett-Murray, Colyer, Lonergan

emg: Hille, Slattery, Pears

Re: Ess v Demons Sat 7.40pm MCG

In: Jetta, Hardingham, Fletcher
Out: Slattery, McVeigh, Pears

:thumbsu:

Nice. Maybe would have liked to have given Pears another chance even though his form doesn't warrant it. Perhaps a good opportunity to get a few kicks at Bendigo and find his feet. No issues with Slattery and McVeigh decisions. McVeigh is the only one that can provide anything of those 2 and his form on Sat night didn't warrant retention.

Re: Side vs Melbourne (IN: Fletcher, Jetta, Hardingham; OUT: McVeigh (calf), Slattery, Pears)

whoops, meant to say hip for McVeigh, not calf

Re: Side vs Melbourne (IN: Fletcher, Jetta, Hardingham; OUT: McVeigh (calf), Slattery, Pears)

Looks like Pears is Emg and maybe a late change.

Hmm curious.. I would have thought that is a big demotion for Pears if they are saying he is not best 22...?

Also any news on Heppell? Doesn't miss a beat for a year and a half and now no show??

Love our depth..

A little surprised by Pears being dropped, to be honest.

He'll be back in time though.

Hird said on the selection video just released that they have decided to give Heppell another week off.

I would fully expect him to play next week so this is not the week for anybody to have a downer because somebody will have to make way. Lovett-Murray? Colyer? Hmm...

I, as many will be also, am happy to see 'mates first' doesn't apply to team first. Great changes.

still no heppell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 big ins for what should (in theory) be a relatively easy game, especially with the bye coming up.

Good signs though that the club's not taking any games lightly and values the momentum that winning games provides.

At least we've learnt from last year's disastrous mid-season flop.

I, as many will be also, am happy to see 'mates first' doesn't apply to team first. Great changes.
x2.

Takes balls to tell one of your best mates he isn't up to it anymore.

Pears is disappointing, but on team balance I understand he's the least in form tall.

Don't mind them resting Hep, at all.

Agree. Very happy with the changes, and glad to see Hird keeping it professional and not personal with team selection.

Very impressed with Hirdy and the choices.

Feel for Spike, always was one of my favourites, but he's past it I'm afraid. :(

Fletch in is a massive bonus.

Very pleasing to see we are taking this game seriously. I want nothing less than a shellacking.

TBH I was expecting either Dyson or Crameri (even both) to be rested this week, given they looked to be coming a bit sore during last week's game..

I sure hope they aren't risking any injury by playing this week..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back