Preview Round 11, 2024: Melbourne v St.Kilda - MCG - Sunday 26th May, 3.20pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
from everhthing ive heard, players this stint love him as well.

if a player is looking to move becaise of discontent, then i would assume they dont liike the training standards being set

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He sounds like an unhinged idiot. Imagine being so passionate that you're sponsoring a player and then have such an issue with Ross Lyon that you decide to keep sponsoring the player but then try to talk your sponsored player into moving to an interstate club.

If I was the player I'd want a restraining order. Sounds like a nut case.

Hill is the cream on top that plays like the cream on top. Move on....the Hannebury that actually plays is all he is.
Well you rate him a lot more highly than I do. The cream? Half the time he plays like the curds & whey.

You say it's the hardest position to play, then Collard isn't the answer... When things aren't working you have to try something different.

It's a suggestion... that's all

Collard & Garcia are great prospects I believe but they need more experience.

Anyone remember 2007? Smells kinda similar to 2024 but it had a better list.

BTW I reckon we are gonna get a right royal touch up this weekend.

I think I'll watch Sandy instead

Blanket Snuggle Up GIF by MOODMAN

Relos over in WA told me back then, that there was a fair bit of friction at Freo within the playing group and things were not all good in Lyon's time over there.

I’ve heard different reports, from some of his old support stuff here in WA, that they loved working with him and some even left after he was sacked. Make of it what you will.

I reckon Chris is a black sinister looking Range Rover. His Bitch Stewie brother is a dark grey Kia Sorrento. They kind of look the same but one is s**t.

Hardwick would be a meth dealers Subaru WRX with spoilers and s**t in his horrible red and yellow polo and erratic manner.

Old man Fages would be a Humber. No-one had heard of him before and he's old and fusty and would smell mouldy.

Ken Hinkley would be a Ford Falcon taxi, he's done a million kms and just keeps going in a low fuss manner but people think he's s**t.

Yze is a Chery. He's new and no-one really trusts that he's any good yet.

Matthew Nicks would be a Saab. Sort of weird styled and no-one remembered it was even a thing.

Horse would be Nissan Micra, he doesn't need something flash to compensate for a lacking.

Ross Lyon would be a Mitsubishi Magna. He's unstylish and had his moment 20 years ago.

I had Ken Hinkley more the 20 year old Toyota Camry type, just keeps hanging around. Reliable but isn’t going to win you the big race.

Relos over in WA told me back then, that there was a fair bit of friction at Freo within the playing group and things were not all good in Lyon's time over there.
We all new what Lyon was like - my way or the highway - if anyone in the playing group doesn't like it they can leave.
He is a hard task master and that is the reason we got him back.
Players like Billings and Gresham were mollycoddled and as soon as they got a coach who told them like it is they were quickly to move.

I'm not a Lyon fan , but you have him and we need him to do the best he can and if we have players in the playing group complaining we need to weed them out - the coach needs every player following his instructions - Dunstan was another that couldn't be told and Ratten sent him away.

Even if it sets us back we need the team to be behind Lyon 100% - if he doesn't get the results well he will not be around long.

Some good analysis from Joey on 360 about what our issues actually are at the moment.
It was good. He is good.
And although we don’t have all the stats he showed in comparison to other teams it wasn’t all that surprising to hear.
We all know our defence and run from the d50 is in pretty good order. But that we don’t have the talent in the midfield and are fielding a pretty young, inexperienced forward line.

Puts it into perspective though. It’s not Ross’ game plan. We need more talent, or the talent we have to keep improving. It’s not all doom and gloom, but it is a work in progress.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be another shocking game to watch.

The Dee's will win it in the midfield, kick it to their non existent fwd line where will win it back and kick it to our disfunctional fwd line.

That said, the Dee's will win because their midfield will end up scoring more than ours.

It was good. He is good.
And although we don’t have all the stats he showed in comparison to other teams it wasn’t all that surprising to hear.
We all know our defence and run from the d50 is in pretty good order. But that we don’t have the talent in the midfield and are fielding a pretty young, inexperienced forward line.

Puts it into perspective though. It’s not Ross’ game plan. We need more talent, or the talent we have to keep improving. It’s not all doom and gloom, but it is a work in progress.
Difference to me from this time last year is we had a midfield that at least broke even.
Not having Crouch picking up his 27 touches a game has killed our midfield.
People don't realize how good he has been since he has been at the club , our midfield was ordinary but without him it been hopeless.

Difference to me from this time last year is we had a midfield that at least broke even.
People don't realize how good he has been since he has been at the club , our midfield was ordinary but without him it been hopeless.
2st half last week I felt middle and around the ball we held our own - not in front but at least broke even/were competitive
We were in the game
That completely fell away after HT and we saw the result

He is genuinely a very good and damaging midfielder and really the fact he has never picked up an AA at some point is kind of a joke really.

Was pretty good analysis from Montagna there about our woes and it makes perfect sense why weve fallen off somewhat.

Will be another shocking game to watch.

The Dee's will win it in the midfield, kick it to their non existent fwd line where will win it back and kick it to our disfunctional fwd line.

That said, the Dee's will win because their midfield will end up scoring more than ours.
The Dees will win as they have Gawn who will just float around our forward half and mark everything that comes down there. We should bring Campbell in for this match to concentrate of centre bounces, stoppage etc..imagine a Saint midfielder having the luxury of his ruckman palming the ball to him, let RoMa spend more time following Gawn around the ground.

I kinda want us to just say heck it and play Allison just to see

Let's be honest. This season is shot to pieces. Injuries, draw, Lyons putridly ugly game plan....who knows what. May as well see what is on the list, start to rotate it through rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back